Most black doctors are women

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But you are bashing and generalizing black men as a whole. Some people have alternative ways to get certified in what field they getting in without debt. Some people see the economy as too unstable to invest that much time, only to still be financially underachieving. Just because a person has a degree, doesnt mean that how they got it is 100% justified. Yes, Im all for free college to the PhD/ Medical level like all first world countries like Canada, Germany, UK, Sweden, and other places. Stop bashing black men while saying that right-wing fascist shyt like "If I can overcome this huge boundary, why can't you?" mindset that widens the wealth gap.

I didn't make any generalizations and I said "some" for a reason because I don't feel like it's all. The ones I'm talking about are ones that don't want to apply themselves, use every excuse you listed, while also wanting to be the provider, and not have a woman make more money than them.

I'm not playing the oppression Olympics, but I'm tired of people acting like it's that much easier for black women trying to be something. We are missing the same fathers, living in the same impoverished neighborhoods, with the same working/missing/junkie mothers, terrible public schools, etc. Education is still our best bet, regardless of what anyone says.

The wealth gap is widening because we don't have any wealth, plus it seems like only one gender of the population is stepping outside of their financial and educational comfort zones for a better future.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I didn't make any generalizations and I said "some" for a reason because I don't feel like it's all. The ones I'm talking about are ones that don't want to apply themselves, use every excuse you listed, while also wanting to be the provider, and not have a woman make more money than them.

I'm not playing the oppression Olympics, but I'm tired of people acting like it's that much easier for black women trying to be something. We are missing the same fathers, living in the same impoverished neighborhoods, with the same working/missing/junkie mothers, terrible public schools, etc. Education is still our best bet, regardless of what anyone says.

The wealth gap is widening because we don't have any wealth, plus it seems like only one gender of the population is stepping outside of their financial and educational comfort zones for a better future.

Again, you act like all black men are out there, uneducated and skill-less, leeching off of women. That propaganda you trying to spread isn't true at all.

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I almost got shot by the damn police when I was walking 6 miles to work during my clinical internship for being black and walking through a white neighborhood, that I actually lived in.

:wow:

Don’t have Taxi money brehs :mjcry:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to go into engineering but I can't tell if I will have a job 10 years down the line because of all these advancements in AI that are happening here and in China. You also gotta consider that only the top 30 percent of graduates in IT can get a decent job while the other 70 percent have to compete with H1B visa holders :francis:. I got this GI bill that I plan on using next semester but I don't want to finish college thinking I wasted money on an engineering degree when I could have gone into the medical field:francis:.
Certain disciplines like mechanical, civil, chemical and even some electrical sub disciplines won't be affected by AI. You're still dealing with physical structures.

But software or coding might.:patrice: Unless you adapt ofcourse.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not really, unless you're part of that top 10 percent of students who can have your graduate degree subsidized.

There is a book that used to be published yearly that listed thousands of scholarships, for any and everyone. I'm sure that information has since moved online, but there is money out there. It also requires a lot of effort like an application along with and essay or some other personal statement. When people prioritize their education, they find a way.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I said SOME...several times now, so why are you so hell bent on being generalized?

We not. I never have that realm of thinking about black women, despite how easy it is to bash them like c00ns do. But I don't, because I see the bigger picture and see the potential what can be accomplished.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
aamc-news-graphic-17-02-04-600-d.jpg

The decline in Black male doctors also mirrors the rise of the crack era.
Nah breh, they just gotta pull themselves up by their bootstraps harder.:dead: We're slowly removing context and turning black men into lazy parasites who's only problem is they don't work enough or don't have foresight:gucci: I can't believe still seeing the bootstrap argument and random anecdotes when this shyt has been discussed ad nauseam for years. Black people in general are jailed at an extremely disproportionate level, and as of recent black girls are suspended and expelled at a higher rate from school, but black men are arrested and jailed at staggering rates even compared to black women, and we're talking crisis levels for over three decades. Stating that isn't trying to diminish what black women go through, but each gender has their own issues that intersects with their race that have to be dealt with. Men(kids really) are getting taken out of the workforce early, and are stamped with a massive stigma when the try to re-enter it, so "bootstraps" doesn't cut it here.

I see black people doing their best everyday, not just in regards to work, but when it comes to trying to cope with the massive trauma and crappy circumstances we have to overcome. We all want the best life has to offer, most of us are willing to work for it, but working isn't always enough when you have various systemic issues in place working against you.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Preschool to pipeline path is there but it’s being over stated.

The bar isn’t as high academically for black males for various factors. Plain and simple.

Like @dora_da_destroyer mentioned, the avenues for women to make a respectable living in America aren’t as broad as that of a male.

I mean, you ever wondered why most uber drivers are men? Almost all manual labour jobs field exclusively men as well.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
It's mostly because of the job security and having to depend less on people. You have to depend less on people in the medical field compared to engineering. An immigrant whose English might not be as good as a native American's English will try to get a job where he is almost guaranteed a spot as long as he studies well.

To add, medicine is one of the few fields that is close to true meritocracy as possible. Most other fields require a lot of internal politics for advancement. If you're an immigrant you're already a step behind. Medicine you can do your work with little to no politics. It favours merit and competency, which is good if you're an immigrant looking for a secure, better life.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Over the last 20 plus years I’ve noticed the lack towards education from black men compared to sisters going for degrees
Yep. But it's really men in general arent going school like that. When I studied biology in undergraduate, most of the students period, where women like a 7 to 3 ratio. In a lot of my elective courses is about the same, sometimes there was a 9 to 1 or 8 to 2 ratio of women to men.

Dating trends bout to be real interesting in the next few years.