Most black doctors are women

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Black female teachers are worse than white female teachers for black boys. Why because the gender politics play heavy into how they teach.

This is heavily a lie. At any angle. You don't live in reality. In your desire to protect the most protected demographic in reality, you obscure the role they play in your detriment. White women are white man's perfect Trojan horse.

Education Week

White + Female: America's Prototypical Teacher

(PDF) White Teachers’ Role in Sustaining the School-to-Prison Pipeline: Recommendations for Teacher Education

Also black girls are impacted as well
The School-to-prison Pipeline Affects Girls of Color, but Reform Efforts Pass Them By |

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Why Medicine you ask?

Cons:
-It is a long path
-Often in debt
-Have to work hard hours in medical school and residency and have to tap dance to arrogant attendings
-The profession can have a high rate of suicide compared to the general population
-risk of getting sued
-lack of autonomy (compared to the past)

Pros
-I'm just going to just recommend medicine/healthcare. Why? So this entire subforum is dedicated to 6 figs 6 certs. Healthcare consumes a large portion of the GDP hence you have a lot of jobs in that sector from nutrition to pharmaceutical companies to IT companies making hospital equipment to tech investing in health.

Everyone has a body and gets old so you have job security in fact probably one of the few areas where automation will break into the least.

No specifically medicine
-Black people can get into the field easier than asians and whites with the same stats (this is because as a breh you will be one of the few in your science classes)
https://www.aamc.org/download/321484/data/factstablea13.pdf
https://www.aamc.org/download/321514/data/factstablea24-2.pdf

-You can do it you need to take some youtube clips and read on how to study (verbalize as in read outloud while you are reading important stuff also find practice questions in physics, chemistry, organic)

-Black woman ratio to black men ratio is 2-1 you will be feasting heavily if you go to Morehouse, Meharry or Howard. I went with my state school because it was cheaper but still was involved in SNMA

-You get to help your community and your family to live longer because you can learn healthy habits like intermittent fasting. Trying to get 10,000 steps a day and other things.

-Helping other people in multiple studies show that helping others makes you happier

-wealth creation I pay 6k a month towards my loans 200k. I also max out my roth ira, my solo 401k. I have been one year out and I have 72k in my solo 401k. Plus a lot of jobs are independent contractors which means that you can start your LLC and get tax breaks for maxing out your retirement account.

-As a doctor you have job security and you can live anywhere in the US. In other professions you stay with your company like tech (sure you can make six figs but you HAVE to live in Cali so you make less comparatively) You make more as a doctor living in a rural area or you can do like me and live in ATL. You can really build wealth like no other.

Here are some sights about physician wealth
Backdoor Roth IRA Ultimate Guide and Tutorial
Home - Physician on FIRE
Isn't this the case with most STEM fields though?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The main problem is that some black men REFUSE to apply themselves. Life is already hard, so God forbid it be any harder. Meanwhile women are taking final exams in labor and getting law degrees with 5 kids in the hole. The funny thing is, if this were a topic on black men being unable to "provide" for their families, it would be a whole bunch of "There are plenty of successful black men" comments. The hypocrisy.

Exactly. Lower tuition and residency rates, give them a decent income to live on, and you see more black men in those fieds

LOL so basically bribe them to want better for themselves?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The main problem is that some black men REFUSE to apply themselves. Life is already hard, so God forbid it be any harder. Meanwhile women are taking final exams in labor and getting law degrees with 5 kids in the hole. The funny thing is, if this were a topic on black men being unable to "provide" for their families, it would be a whole bunch of "There are plenty of successful black men" comments. The hypocrisy.

LOL so basically bribe them to want better for themselves?

Yeah, offer free tuition like any OTHER FIRST WORLD COUNTRY ON EARTH. Stop with the black male bashing and recognize that people are being overcharged for tuition in every level of tuition, especially advanced degrees. Thats why criminals in banks are robbing the populace and getting away with it because people push that "Just work harder" as a leeway for lifelong debt.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously meant medical doctor and related specialities. Like the type to be involved in life saving work

Also like I said I have no interest. I like my current field. I wouldn't mind being a pharmacist or something though.
But psychiatrists do have people’s lives in their hands.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't this the case with most STEM fields though?
Maybe so, but I think the one thing Medicine has over them is the almost guaranteed 6 figure salary. And the majority of those are over $200k. And like @The Radiant One mentioned, you don’t have to chase the job market, you can practice anywhere you like , so if you’re from middle of nowhere America and want to remain there, you can actually make more money there.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, offer free tuition like any OTHER FIRST WORLD COUNTRY ON EARTH. Stop with the black male bashing and recognize that people are being overcharged for tuition in every level of tuition, especially advanced degrees. Thats why criminals in banks are robbing the populace and getting away with it because people push that "Just work harder" as a leeway for lifelong debt.

I'm not arguing that school is expensive, not too keen on "free" college, but I do agree the price is high. But that clearly doesn't stop black women, so why should it stop black men? In the mean time, there are plenty affordable higher education options that don't include the military or a bunch of student loans. Just because I don't agree with your excuses, doesn't make it male bashing.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I want to go into engineering but I can't tell if I will have a job 10 years down the line because of all these advancements in AI that are happening here and in China. You also gotta consider that only the top 30 percent of graduates in IT can get a decent job while the other 70 percent have to compete with H1B visa holders :francis:. I got this GI bill that I plan on using next semester but I don't want to finish college thinking I wasted money on an engineering degree when I could have gone into the medical field:francis:.
Ai isn't going replace engineering anytime soon. AI is not that complex. So it's an unnecessary worry.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'm not arguing that school is expensive, not too keen on "free" college, but I do agree the price is high. But that clearly doesn't stop black women, so why should it stop black men? In the mean time, there are plenty affordable higher education options that don't include the military or a bunch of student loans. Just because I don't agree with your excuses, doesn't make it male bashing.

But you are bashing and generalizing black men as a whole. Some people have alternative ways to get certified in what field they getting in without debt. Some people see the economy as too unstable to invest that much time, only to still be financially underachieving. Just because a person has a degree, doesnt mean that how they got it is 100% justified. Yes, Im all for free college to the PhD/ Medical level like all first world countries like Canada, Germany, UK, Sweden, and other places. Stop bashing black men while saying that right-wing fascist shyt like "If I can overcome this huge boundary, why can't you?" mindset that widens the wealth gap.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like writing something but it will be perceived as negative no matter the validity of it

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Not really, unless you're part of that top 10 percent of students who can have your graduate degree subsidized.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This is heavily a lie. At any angle. You don't live in reality. In your desire to protect the most protected demographic in reality, you obscure the role they play in your detriment. White women are white man's perfect Trojan horse.

Education Week

White + Female: America's Prototypical Teacher

(PDF) White Teachers’ Role in Sustaining the School-to-Prison Pipeline: Recommendations for Teacher Education

Also black girls are impacted as well
The School-to-prison Pipeline Affects Girls of Color, but Reform Efforts Pass Them By |

Like I said gender war politics come into play with black female teachers. Hell I remember a teacher telling us stop messing with white girls.