Most black doctors are women

Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Stanford u. already found out why... the majority of your teachers are FEMALE! ..... thats the reason why girls outpace boys in education...... for black boys its compounded; not only are you surrounded by female teachers, most black boys dont have fathers in the house, just a mom.....

If you want the problem fixed, you need all male schools.... no matter all black or mixed, black boys will do better academically around males...

...also to note, the fastest group of people getting 2/yr stem degrees are black men......... my guess is med school takes too long and black men want to make money quicker.... makes cents....

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Women are taught go to school and get a degree. Men are taught go to school and be athlete. Until this changes and nikkas have BM in successful professions to look up to and who give direction to the little dudes this will continue.

Exactly. Culture and upbringing predicts how you will succeed in life

Daps
Reppin
The Coli
like the prison pipeline. Like I said.

But you don't want to accept this reasoning. Is it because you feel that comparing black female success to black male success would have a huge asterisk next to it? Do you think black boys are inherently more criminal? Obviously, black women aren't being handed anything like white people are. Black women earn each and every one of those doctorates, that's not what is being argued here. We're discussing why black males who come from the exact same environments and cultures aren't becoming doctors at the same rate. And a huge part of that is black boys are targeted and groomed for prison.

It's like people need to feel like they something on equal footing with everybody. We can say black women are achieving and say that black boy are targeted for prison at the same time. Nobody is accusing black women of being handed anything.

Of course...... Black men are suppressed by the state; even ny times did an article on it,

ESCAPADE

⭐️
Daps
Reppin
United States
Women of all races are outpacing men in America nowadays. Diversity quotas, affirmative action, and government funded programs focused on getting more women into education and employment.

As long you keep voting democrat, you’ll keep seeing this trend.

Women pursuing higher education and gaining employment isn’t a bad thing.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
IMO the black church historically helped to unify and strengthen the black community. The decline of the influence a) black community organizations like churches and b) fathers in the homes (due to prison, drugs, abandonment etc) has really set us back as a whole.

Restore those two things and the black community will be strong again. Tough to do though.

Ironically Trumps new prison laws might be the best thing for black men in years.:leostare:

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I

But you don't want to accept this reasoning. Is it because you feel that comparing black female success to black male success would have a huge asterisk next to it? Do you think black boys are inherently more criminal? Obviously, black women aren't being handed anything like white people are. Black women earn each and every one of those doctorates, that's not what is being argued here. We're discussing why black males who come from the exact same environments and cultures aren't becoming doctors at the same rate. And a huge part of that is black boys are targeted and groomed for prison.

It's like people need to feel like they something on equal footing with everybody. We can say black women are achieving and say that black boy are targeted for prison at the same time. Nobody is accusing black women of being handed anything.
They wouldn’t be able to hold degrees and education over black men’s head if they acknowledged the reasons for the disparity

:yeshrug:

Bring up some unfavorable stats about black women to those types though and watch an actual conversation be had instead of belittling

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
Also how many times is this thread going to be made?

Next week will it be “more black women in telemarketing than black men”

No shyt. We know how America is don’t we?

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
I wouldn't call it "anti intellectualism" as some of yall are quick to do. I just think many black boys especially in low income areas are more drawn to the entertainment industry because, they see black male faces succeeding in music and sports constantly, it also gives them instant gratification compared to becoming a doctor, lawyer etc that takes years of studying to come into so serious bread. However, what they don't realize is that they have a significantly greater chance at becoming a well paid doctor through studying than they do becoming a successful rapper or a professional baller. It also doesn't help that the entertainment industry in many ways is invested in black boys as well, which motivates them even more to pursue that type of career path.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I wouldn't call it "anti intellectualism" as some of yall are quick to do. I just think many black boys especially in low income areas are more drawn to the entertainment industry because, they see black male faces succeeding in music and sports constantly, it also gives them instant gratification compared to becoming a doctor, lawyer etc that takes years of studying to come into so serious bread. However, what they don't realize is that they have a significantly greater chance at becoming a well paid doctor through studying than they do becoming a successful rapper or a professional baller. It also doesn't help that the entertainment industry in many ways is invested in black boys as well, which motivates them even more to pursue that type of career path.
this is the only solid answer here

even me working a strong 9-5 that pays well, that fast night life culture is surreal and very alluring. im still young though maybe ill snap out of it if I find a solid chick who im ready to settle down with. until then I got $50 at this table

Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is by far the biggest reason why, and one of the few reasons that can be substantiated. I don't know why this has to be reiterated every time the subject of black males in the school system/work force is brought up.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it’s a combo of most of the reason already presented in this thread. Discussins this its not competition amongst black females and males. It’s def important to increase the amount of black men in medicine. Representation matters in medicine.
I’m currently the only black male in my med school class.