Most black doctors are women

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a very underrated post.
Very underrated and overlooked for a number of reasons.

Black Male identity in this country revolves around sexual and physical prowess and being a 'real nikka'. The music and media sure font help and even encourage this.

This pathology is gonna be the death of us.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Very underrated and overlooked for a number of reasons.

Black Male identity in this country revolves around sexual and physical prowess and being a 'real nikka'. The music and media sure font help and even encourage this.

This pathology is gonna be the death of us.

This is partially why I don't buy the preschool to pipeline argument. Even in college, amongst my black counterparts, there was still a need to dumb things down and be "that dude".

Most of the professional career orgs were mainly attended by black women while I was there.

NABA, Consulting Your Community, Business Frats etc.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is heavily a lie. At any angle. You don't live in reality. In your desire to protect the most protected demographic in reality, you obscure the role they play in your detriment. White women are white man's perfect Trojan horse.

Education Week

White + Female: America's Prototypical Teacher

(PDF) White Teachers’ Role in Sustaining the School-to-Prison Pipeline: Recommendations for Teacher Education

Also black girls are impacted as well
The School-to-prison Pipeline Affects Girls of Color, but Reform Efforts Pass Them By |

We need more organizations like this:

The Texas Alliance of Black School Educators (TABSE) - Houston, TX

We got NSBE already for the engineering but an organization like TABSE would be great to have on a national level.. Would make a huge change.

National Black Engineering AND National Black Teaching societies? :ahh: sounds so sexy

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:gucci: Oh wait a second, this is national. Texas is an affiliate. NABSE is the official society. Even better

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
We also have to look at how girls are raised a whole lot different by single mothers than boys are. The girls are literally pushed out the home by 18, there mothers forcing them to step their shyt up ASAP. The boys on the other hand are coddled and mamas always running to bail them outta trouble. They never learn to fend for themselves because they always got mamas couch to fall back on when their relationships fail.

Also women have more programs and support groups in place to help them through hard times. Men don't have these and are mainly told to man up.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
My 27-28 year old female cousin is a doctor. So I guess yeah.

From my perspective I don't know how many brehs would be comfortable in that environment and under scrutiny like doctors are. It's a stressful environment. We know we can do it, but everything else you'd have to deal with........