Most black doctors are women

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I feel like in the last in the last 40-50 years black women have been slowly becoming more "alpha" than black men. They go into higher paying careers, they raise children on their own (don't need no man), they are expected to fight and fend for themselves, they are the primary breadwinners and they generally do and say what they want. They have become the "men" and we have taken the female role.

This is a completely unacceptable state of affairs for us as men. :martin:

I know it's mostly men on this board, and most of you are smart, so lets do better.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I don't think most America blacks care go to school to be a doctor. That's like women going to school for computer engineering, we know most don't really care for that field.

Most blacks I know going into Medicine are Africans, specifically Nigerians I knew some going into that field. I don't have the patience for it, I'm staying in my field construction and real estate.
Most black doctors are AA
aamc-news-black-subgroups-inline.jpg

Source: AAMC Data Warehouse: Student Data and Applicant and Matriculant Files as of July 11, 2016. Presented in Diversity Facts and Figures, Current Trends in Medical Education, as Figure 6, AAMC FACTS & FIGURES 2016 | Current Trends in Medical Education |

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
This is definitely true, when I took my MCAT back in September. There was only 4 blacks besides me. I was the only dude among those 4.

I have a cousin that just started his residency, for him it was a similar ratio during his time at medical school and even now in his internal medicine residency. Very few black men go into the field compared to women.

It just means black men need to catch up education wise. My goal in the future as a doctor after a few years in practice is to do mini programs and social media on the side to encourage young black minorities explore the field of medicine in a fun way.

Last edited:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I've given thought towards doing it myself. But I don't have the drive or interest in the drama being a doctor, much less a black male doctor, to do that shyt. I hate stress enough, don't need people to DIRECTLY have their lives in my hands :hubie:

My mother is a doctor and the only reason I've given it thought at her suggestion. I don't know why she suggested it given she knows I don't have the personality for it.