Most black doctors are women

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
black males are fed into the school to prison pipeline. Black males and females grow up in the same houses, schools, neighborhoods, etc..one group is severely targeted.

This is in no way saying those sisters aren't earning it. They are doing a great job of getting their educations and succeeding in life. Salute to them.
As much as you want to blame targeting, there is also a culture of anti intellectualism that black boys celebrate and play into, a plethora of reasons for that, but many of them can still sit their ass in class and move to the next level. We gotta get our boys to stop giving in to destructive paths (seeing that as masculine) or leaning on hoop and rap dreams (avenues not available to black girls, thus black girls’ ability/desire to focus on school more)

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
As much as you want to blame targeting, there is also a culture of anti intellectualism that black boys celebrate and play into, a plethora of reasons for that, but many of them can still sit their ass in class and move to the next level. We gotta get our boys to stop giving in to destructive paths (seeing that as masculine) or leaning on hoop and rap dreams (avenues not available to black girls, thus black girls’ ability/desire to focus on school more)

This might be an unpopular take but I agree

Definitely been guilty of it myself

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
we grow up in the same households. we have the same parent structures. we have the same schools. we live in the same neighborhoods. Black boys are groomed and targeted (whatever word we want to use) for prison. While there is culture of "rap and sports" for boys there is also a reality star/clout chasing/IG model/stripper culture for black girls that they could fall into. But there is no culture of grooming black girls for prison.

How exactly do you explain how a black boy and black girl can have the same parents and learn the same things but one gender is just way more likely to go to prison?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I've given thought towards doing it myself. But I don't have the drive or interest in the drama being a doctor, much less a black male doctor, to do that shyt. I hate stress enough, don't need people to DIRECTLY have their lives in my hands :hubie:

My mother is a doctor and the only reason I've given it thought at her suggestion. I don't know why she suggested it given she knows I don't have the personality for it.
Psychiatrists have people's lives directly in their hands?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
There's far too many factors that go into this situation to simplify it to black men just being inept, let's not do that please
I never stated that black men were inept. Find anywhere in the OP that I stated this. My point was that this is bad for the community (no offense to females). Disenfranchising males is worse than disenfranchising females for a community tbh.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Women of all races are outpacing men in America nowadays. Diversity quotas, affirmative action, and government funded programs focused on getting more women into education and employment.

As long you keep voting democrat, you’ll keep seeing this trend.
Same for STEM jobs too. It's really sad :snoop:.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
we grow up in the same households. we have the same parent structures. we have the same schools. we live in the same neighborhoods. Black boys are groomed and targeted (whatever word we want to use) for prison. While there is culture of "rap and sports" for boys there is also a reality star/clout chasing/IG model/stripper culture for black girls that they could fall into. But there is no culture of grooming black girls for prison.

How exactly do you explain how a black boy and black girl can have the same parents and learn the same things but one gender is just way more likely to go to prison?
I already put it out there, a culture of anti intellectualism runs more rampant among black boys than it does black girls. Black boys are always out to prove their masculinity, and often that doesn’t match up with being amicable and studious. Like I said, there are many reasons for this, but some of it is on the boys as well. Women don’t have as many alternative options as males (no sports leagues, we don’t go into manual labor as often, don’t do trades such as plumbing or mechanic, etc), thus us, across races, taking advantage of education as a way to secure a living.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I already put it out there, a culture of anti intellectualism runs more rampant among black boys than it does black girls. Black boys are always out to prove their masculinity, and often that doesn’t match up with being amicable and studious. Like I said, there are many reasons for this, but some of it is on the boys as well. Women don’t have as many alternative options as males (no sports leagues, we don’t go into manual labor as often, don’t do trades such as plumbing or mechanic, etc), thus us, across races, taking advantage of education as a way to secure a living.
and I as I stated there's an equally damaging degenerate culture for black girls such are trying to be social media stars using sex or trying to chase "ballers" or even some forms of prostitution. Or non-degenerate options like marriage and being a wife. There are alternatives for women besides school.

We grow up in the same exact environments, how exactly are you saying there's just a whole culture of anti intellectualism in like the same households and class rooms?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
and I as I stated there's an equally damaging degenerate culture for black girls such are trying to be social media stars using sex or trying to chase "ballers" or even some forms of prostitution. Or non-degenerate options like marriage and being a wife. There are alternatives for women besides school.

We grow up in the same exact environments, how exactly are you saying there's just a whole culture of anti intellectualism in like the same households and class rooms?
You’re overstating the “chase a man” mentality, just because that contingent is highly visible on social media doesnt mean it’s that prevalent, especially given most women don’t have the body/looks for it.

I just told you how anti intellectualism affects boys more often...the expectations and roles each gender plays into are different, unfortunately for a lot of black boys, doing well in school is not part of their social constructs. Girls don’t have the same pressure to prove themselves or maintain a certain facade, that allows them to stay out the streets, be agreeable in school, study, etc. like I said, a variety of factors all play into this, but there are different societal and peer expectations/norms for the two sexes, that’s why they can be raised in the same environment and there still be a huge achievement gap

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are wayyy more black female doctors than male doctors, it's not even close:mindblown:. What's the story behind this gap :why:. Especially given the fact that medicine is such an important profession. This needs to change. Women are getting more degrees than men nowadays too (not just in liberal arts degree, either) :francis:. The future about to be a place with rich men at the top (executives etc.) followed by tons of women in middle management. The average brehs about to get left behind and eaten up by the next wave of automation :yeshrug:. For doctors 29 and younger nearly 70 percent of them are women :gucci:.

aamc-news-graphic-17-02-04-600-d.jpg

aamc-news-graphic-17-02-04-600-b.jpg

Source: AAMC Data Warehouse: Student Data and Applicant and Matriculant Files as of July 11, 2016. Presented in Diversity Facts and Figures, Current Trends in Medical Education, as Figure 19A, AAMC FACTS & FIGURES 2016 | Current Trends in Medical Education |.

Source: AAMC Data Warehouse: Minority Physician Database, AMA Masterfile, and other AAMC data sources, as of Jan. 22, 2014. Chart is compiled from data shown in Figure 5 in AAMC Diversity Facts and Figures: http://aamcdiversityfactsandfigures.org/section-ii-current-status-of-us-physician-workforce/

Physicians is a broad term, they need to break this down by fields before I give any credence towards it :patrice:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
a variety of factors all play into this, but there are different societal and peer expectations/norms for the two sexes, that’s why they can be raised in the same environment and there still be a huge achievement gap
like the prison pipeline. Like I said.

But you don't want to accept this reasoning. Is it because you feel that comparing black female success to black male success would have a huge asterisk next to it? Do you think black boys are inherently more criminal? Obviously, black women aren't being handed anything like white people are. Black women earn each and every one of those doctorates, that's not what is being argued here. We're discussing why black males who come from the exact same environments and cultures aren't becoming doctors at the same rate. And a huge part of that is black boys are targeted and groomed for prison.

It's like people need to feel like they something on equal footing with everybody. We can say black women are achieving and say that black boy are targeted for prison at the same time. Nobody is accusing black women of being handed anything.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
like the prison pipeline. Like I said.

But you don't want to accept this reasoning. Is it because you feel that comparing black female success to black male success would have a huge asterisk next to it? Do you think black boys are inherently more criminal? Obviously, black women aren't being handed anything like white people are. Black women earn each and every one of those doctorates, that's not what is being argued here. We're discussing why black males who come from the exact same environments and cultures aren't becoming doctors at the same rate. And a huge part of that is black boys are targeted and groomed for prison.

It's like people need to feel like they something on equal footing with everybody. We can say black women are achieving and say that black boy are targeted for prison at the same time. Nobody is accusing black women of being handed anything.
No one said they’re not targeted, that’s one part of the equation, but you seem not to be able to admit that there are also destructive behaviors and negative values that black males choose to engage in and aspire to at higher rates than black girls in their same environments. You can turn a blind eye to it, I won’t, as I witnessed it firsthand while growing up. Not every black boy who didn’t achieve failed because of targeting, some chose to “be about that life” when they had every opportunity not to be.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
No one said they’re not targeted, that’s one part of the equation, but you seem not to be able to admit that there are also destructive behaviors and negative values that black males choose to engage in and aspire to at higher rates than black girls in their same environments. You can turn a blind eye to it, I won’t, as I witnessed it firsthand while growing up. Not every black boy who didn’t achieve failed because of targeting, some chose to “be about that life” when they had every opportunity not to be.
how are you quantifying these rates of destructive behaviors? I can quantify prison targeting. Hell we can even look at how often black men are exonerated for crimes they didn't commit. black men literally end up in prison for being black men. And at the end of the day, you know that there's a certain leap you have to make to get to your argument. You and I both know that part that you're leaping over is notion that black men are genetically inclined to be criminals, but you know you can't really say that so you're jumping past that. Since we come from the same backgrounds we should be achieving at the same pace, we should have the same set of morals, we should have the same culture. Why aren't black women going to prison at the same rates?

And i'll repeat there are equal amounts of destructive and degenerate routes for black women to go down. And just like you rattled off that "be about that life" stuff, women are out here "gettin the bag" and trying to become the twerk team star. but they aren't being targeted at the same rates for their degenerate attributes. I noticed you want address that. There are also non degenerate routes besides school that black women can choose. The biggest quantifiable difference is incarceration.

bye.