Millennials leaving Chicago in droves

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
It's too cold and still somewhat expensive.

I went to Northwestern for grad school and after that I had to live in the burbs but I really wanted to live in the West or South loop. I had a few friends living that River North high rise life. :damn: nikkas was paying out the ASS for the lifestyle. It's also not cost effective have a car in Chicago. I could go on and on. It's a dope city in the summer but that's it.
Exactly what I pay in Uber’s I could’ve gotten a car 3x over but if I buy one where the fukk am I gonna park it?:mjcry:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I understand where both @King Poetic and @Cadillac coming from. Seems Cadillac is looking at it from a political point of view.

Thing is though you got places Mississippi which is one of the blackest states % wise and still a red state which means Cac laws are in full affect.

Are white people even fleeing the south?

Cause I know a lot of whites/Dominicans/Ricans in NY for example who have made moves to North Carolina

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
I understand where both @King Poetic and @Cadillac coming from. Seems Cadillac is looking at it from a political point of view.

Thing is though you got places Mississippi which is one of the blackest states % wise and still a red state which means Cac laws are in full affect.

Are white people even fleeing the south?

Cause I know a lot of whites/Dominicans/Ricans in NY for example who have made moves to North Carolina
Ugh I wish they stay up north stop trying to live around AfrAms

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Ugh I wish they stay up north stop trying to live around AfrAms

To be honest the white folks I have met who moved to the south live in random ass cac places. At least the blacks I know often move close to one of the major southern cities.

I’ve also been to Charleston, SC which is filled with white people from Ohio and Michigan.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Why do Blue states have housing/affordability issues?

They are more open minded, so they attract more people and businesses to their lifestyle resulting in a greater concentration of people.
Red states tend to be in the South etc where the States are poor and struggle to keep their young let alone invite new people in.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
They are more open minded, so they attract more people and businesses to their lifestyle resulting in a greater concentration of people.
Red states tend to be in the South etc where the States are poor and struggle to keep their young let alone invite new people in.

Its An overpopulation issue in most blue states have to the lack of availability of land. Even cities in red states like Houston, Atlanta, Dallas, Charolette, and so on are having population problems with congestion of traffic and rising rent/mortgage problems.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Its An overpopulation issue in most blue states have to the lack of availability of land. Even cities in red states like Houston, Atlanta, Dallas, Charolette, and so on are having population problems with congestion of traffic and rising rent/mortgage problems.

Large metropolitan cities like Houston yes. But there's a lot of open space out there.
No young person with a future is moving to Birmingham, Al or Lil' Rock, Ak..:mjlol:

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People been leaving Michigan since the end of the 2000's. To live in Michigan is ridiculous. Don't even get me started on living in the city of Detroit. Been here all my life & tired of it.

At least it's not expensive like Chicago(although gentrification is changing that downtown). At least you can live somewhat.