Millennials leaving Chicago in droves

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
I moved to Chicago two years ago from Minneapolis. It’s definitely a hustle and bustle city, but if you’re college educated and have a good work history there’s emerging opportunities in the tech sector that are lucrative.

But yeah, cost of living is high so I can understand how young people feel that squeeze and would look towards greener pastures.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
At least it's not expensive like Chicago(although gentrification is changing that downtown). At least you can live somewhat.

Not necessarily..... If you gone have a car the insurance rates are $1000+ if you live in Detroit (Wayne County). No jobs in the city, unless you're going to work downtown. Most neighborhoods look like shyt due to abandoned homes. If you do find a good neighborhood in the city be read to pay $1000+.

No way I'm paying $800 - 1200 to live in Detroit.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
To be honest the white folks I have met who moved to the south live in random ass cac places. At least the blacks I know often move close to one of the major southern cities.

I’ve also been to Charleston, SC which is filled with white people from Ohio and Michigan.
Them Cacs done RUINED Charleston

Midwest and UpNorth Cacs are taken over the South :snoop:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Chicago can't be that bad. How can you create a better life if you leaving behind a place that can be built up? Cali, Miami, ATL, and New York all sound crowded as hell with crazy high living costs. Texas don't want y'all

Chicago seems relatively cheap for what you get. City life, a couple nice Beaches, good food and venues, etc.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
No wonder in the last 5 years Houston has become a weirdo haven. All the loser mellenias moving here smh

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do Blue states have housing/affordability issues?
Is this a rhetorical question?

Blue states are by far more in demand than red states.

Red states are either standstill (Mississippi) or most of their growth comes from their blue counties (Atlanta for example in red Georgia).
higher taxes/property taxes too. because more services are offered, and gov employees are promised more

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

NAH

THE SO CALLED TOURISTS PLACES
ARE CHEAP AS fukk COMPARED TO NYC/LA

:devil:
:evil:

All these people trying to live in the heart of downtown Chicago and expecting it to be cheap. Don't make no sense.

Now if you told me the suburbs was expensive then I'd understand. Are Chicago Suburbs expensive? shyt you could live in Joliet which is 45 minutes easy and go to the city every weekend.