Millennials leaving Chicago in droves

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
What u saying , sounds real good and been mentioned all the time

But blacks in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi parts of North Carolina are living worse than blacks in New York or Chicago...

U go online and see these negros yelling Atlanta this Atlanta that, we eating good

But I saw a different story with this video.. I know it’s like 8 years old, but I thought folks was Eating good in ATL

Only certain states and metros have benefit from the rise of the Sunbelt. The Gulf/Delta has largely not benefited and thus is not a huge magnet for migrants

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I advise black folks stopped running and start doing better in the city u in and make better decisions..

Many black folks rather in nyc, la or Chicago or anywhere up north run down south and still be living like shyt...

I’m not saying if u have a opportunity to move to another city and u have the job line up then by all means do it.....but if u broke in Cincinnati and u run down to Atlanta without nothing lined up, then u just broke in Atlanta

I get what you are saying, but what some of you folks don't seem to comprehend is that Black folks are not running down South. Their families are literally from the South. This is not some fad. It has been happening for a long time and just like half of all African Americans moved from the South to the North; it appears that a significant number of them are literally moving back from the North to the South. Another thing that I don't understand is why people keep bringing up Atlanta. The South is more than Atlanta. There is Nashville, Charlotte, Memphis, Richmond, Birmingham, Charlottesville, Orlando, Tampa, Raleigh, Charleston, etc.; but I guess if people don't travel anywhere else in the South, but Atlanta; then I guess that Atlanta is all that they know.

Great Migration | African-American history
After nearly 100 years, Great Migration begins reversal

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
everyone moving to the south.:wow:

as we should. quiet as kept i think everyone is going to regions where their ace is the majority or more significant

Cost of living outside of the south and Midwest is outrageous and only benefits the wealthy. When you spend over 80% of your check on bills, people get discouraged.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I went to Loyola for three days, hit the :martin: and left. :hubie:

Them Italian beef sandwiches be overrated af :scusthov:

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
I love chicago but I do want to experience living some place else for 6months-1year.

I ultimately want to have properties here, in the south and on the west coast.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
It's too cold and still somewhat expensive.

I went to Northwestern for grad school and after that I had to live in the burbs but I really wanted to live in the West or South loop. I had a few friends living that River North high rise life. :damn: nikkas was paying out the ASS for the lifestyle. It's also not cost effective have a car in Chicago. I could go on and on. It's a dope city in the summer but that's it.