Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So there is a sale on PSN "big in Japan" that sale showcases the main reasons Sony has me always checking in at some point with there system.

There is just nothing like that on Nintendo or Xbox consoles

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
So there is a sale on PSN "big in Japan" that sale showcases the main reasons Sony has me always checking in at some point with there system.

There is just nothing like that on Nintendo or Xbox consoles
What’s good on there? I heard Tales of Berseria is pretty good, what else?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What’s good on there? I heard Tales of Berseria is pretty good, what else?

Hmm as far as exclusives, to me playing Japanese games what's good is really preferential more so than most other games.

There are some generic anime Japanese games I love ( like JoJo's) that I'm sure others would give like a 5 out of 10 lol.

75 percent of that list is multi plat but the 25 percent or so that isn't ranges from meh to great.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony continues to acquire developers to bolster Worldwide Studios roster - VG247

sony should continue focusIng on creating new IPs, not buying studios:troll:

spiderman should go back to being multiplat, we’ve had spiderman games on other consoles for decades:troll:
Sony acquired Insomniac, Sony didn't acquire the Spider-Man IP. Spider-Man's IP rights(video-game) is still owned by Marvel.

Marvel just made a deal with Sony for them to make a Marvel game and Spider-Man was chosen. Spider-Man's past games were published by Activision and even recently he's appeared in other games such as Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the Switch.
hqdefault.jpg

Does Sony own the video game rights to Spider-Man?

Insomniac being acquired is like Playground games being acquired where the studio pretty much only made games on one platform. The few titles Insomniac made outside of Playstation were a few mobile titles and a flopped multiplatform games(Fuse).

Sunset Overdrive is really the only "lost" here if they ever choose to make a sequel but hey "Nobody is forcing you to not invest into Sony's ecosystem" :troll:'
Jokes aside, there's never going to be ONE platform where every possible game you want will be released on.

Last edited:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Your link and what you're saying is at odds. Sony acquired Insomniac, Sony didn't acquire the Spider-Man IP. Spider-Man's IP rights(video-game) is still owned by Marvel. Marvel just made a deal with Sony for them to make a Marvel game and Spider-Man was chosen. Spider-Man's past games were published by Activision and even recently he's appeared in other games such as Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the Switch.
hqdefault.jpg

Does Sony own the video game rights to Spider-Man?

Insomniac being acquired is like Playground games being acquired where the studio pretty much only made games on one platform. The few titles Insomniac made outside of Playstation were a few mobile titles and a flopped multiplatform games(Fuse). Sunset Overdrive is really the only "lost" here if they ever choose to make a sequel but hey "Nobody is forcing you to not invest into Sony's ecosystem" :troll:
Exactly. Which is why im gettin a ps5 and selling my ps4. Thats the whole point. You guys argue all day about exclusive this and exclusive that, its good when one compny does it but bad when another company does it, bla bla bla.

sony buys studios to make em games. Microsoft just bought studios to make em games.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've played a lot of them, let me correct myself lol.
Dishonered 1, 2, Death of the ousider
Doom, Doom 2020 (title escapes)
Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder scrolls online
Rage 1 & 2 etc.
Fallout 3, 4, New Vegas & 76 as well the older titles Fallout 1 &2.
I fukk with bethesda pretty heavy though.
I've only played Dishonored and I had it on PC. From what I played it was solid af.

This move doesn't impact me because I didn't really play any of these games, but it's still a big move regardless because a lot of gamers fukk with those titles.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. Which is why im gettin a ps5 and selling my ps4. Thats the whole point. You guys argue all day about exclusive this and exclusive that, its good when one compny does it but bad when another company does it, bla bla bla.

sony buys studios to make em games. Microsoft just bought studios to make em games.
But that's exactly what everyone is doing here, including those saying "Just invest in Xbox bro."

The example you used was different since Spider-Man is not Sony owned(game rights) and Bethesda is a whole publisher, not a sole studio.