PS4: 20.06
Xbone: 17.92

Europe (including UK)
PS4: 22.35
Xbone: 7.72

Japan
PS4: 4.49
Xbone: 0.08 (!)

Rest of the world (and Asia, excluding Japan)
PS4: 9.49
Xbone: 3.2

Xbox didnt even sell a million units in Asia :yeshrug: the biggest difference is Europe easily with a nonexistent market for Xbox in Asia ... my point still stands
at least you tried to come with some sort of logic though I respect that a little. The other whole point is calling console sales a "war" that's where you look super clownish
you could take the retro sega's and nintendos and still call that shyt a W money wise ... if you are only focused on someone elses money that shyt is wild weirdo territory:wow: sony will always have international fanbase that's the whole point of the weirdo fandom in the first place. When you see cornball comic con shyt you see awkward kids FROM AMERICA dressed up like Asian video game characters. They dont do that shyt out there dressed like American shyt :heh: The fandom will always be one sided towards international play. I dont know how you figured saying America is the "war" and the rest of the world can catch up.... America will never be the leader in gaming. That also proves exactly what i've been saying about microsoft anyways... they had the budget and just jumped into this shyt for the residual ... for them to take the 360 ... and then be that close for last generation is jokes in itself.

so realistically for you to have no point in saying "Asia doesn't fukk with Sony like that" and basing bullshyt on "USA is the battleground" because majority of systems are sold here.... what's the point since both consoles basically sold 20 million here regardless. How is that a L for anyone? :wtf: Imagine selling 17 million and sony sells 20 million and you're like ...."I guess I lost" :mjlol: nikka that is a huge fukking win for both companies. Why direct your own angle on an argument, for the prosperous side and ignore the fact that Xbox doesnt even sell a million at all in Japan :hhh: "asia doesnt fukk with sony like that"
fetchimage
You went thru all that and you had it wrong from jump, because I'm not the guy saying Microsoft lost. That's a Sony stance because they sold more. So we agree on that :handshake:

Now the America is not the main battleground and it's about Europe you're saying?; Well that's a new one, but if you look at your own numbers you see America still sold more systems than Europe so you're little brother till proven otherwise. And the cosplay speech, that's some @Fatboi1 type shyt. We don't stroll like that on the greener side :stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember when Microsoft bought Rare and the salt was tremendous then. Like, there are some really hurt people when it comes to this topic that makes the Rare purchase pale in comparison.

Everyone used to talk their shyt, now they realized that Microsoft isn't here to bullshyt no more, nikkas rocking the :mjcry:

Just buy an Xbox, PC or stream on mobile. Multiple ways to play. All of this angst reads like entitlement.
That's anti-consumer bro. It locks out people on Playstation devices. My grandma only has money to preorder one console and shyt. :troll:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
That's anti-consumer bro. It locks out people on Playstation devices. My grandma only has money to preorder one console and shyt. :troll:

:russ:

Breh, Nintendo used to get all of the final fantasy games, dragon quests, maddens, licensed games like james bond, spiderman, batman, etc. Now, they don't get any of the mainline ones. They have legit reason to be mad. This is small in the grand scheme of things.

I don't get into the anti-consumer shyt because I buy all of them. I'm fortunate, yes, but when I was growing up and mom would only get me one console, I wasn't crying about why Sega wouldn't bring Sonic on my Super Nintendo. Gamers can be too entitled at times.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
I understand people having their biases and especially for Sony since they're clearly the biggest brand in gaming and have had a lot of success in the market. But my goodnes...there are a lot of people showing their ass after this acquisition. Just looking around social media with my free time this weekend and many of the arguments I'm seeing dont even make sense.

1. Microsoft is leaving money on the table by having these games exclusive
- They arent exclusive and people were clowining Microsoft for putting their games on PC. You can even play their games on your phone now too. I also guess we gotta get at Nintendo and Sony for keeping games exclusive on their platforms too...oh wait.

2. Monopoly
- Not even going to go into details on this one. If you truly believe ths then you are just ignorant.

3. Keeping these games exclusive means long time fans wont get to play them - Nobody is forcing these consumers to not invest in the Xbox ecosystem or a PC. And there are PLENTY of IP that have gone from being associated with one of the Big 3 then moved on to the other. And Microsoft doesnt owe consumers anything. If you want to play software from these studios then you know what you gotta do.

4. Game Pass is devaluing software and there is no way it's profitable
- This is pretty bulshyt too since MS will still allow you to buy these games at retail or Amazon. They still need to justify that price tag for people who dont want to invest in Game Pass. Also, I grew up poor so my family had to rent games a lot. I guess I just have a different perspective on this because Game Pass makes playing video games a lot more accessible for those who would otherwise not be able to invest in these games due to that high price tag and other groups of ppl like college kids. And yea let's tell a company that is worth a trillion dollars how to spend their cash lmao.

5. Microsoft runs studios into the ground - You could say this about other companies too if we're being honest:
- Retro Studios - Made Metroid Prime 1-3 then fell the fukk off imo. Nothing but 2D platformers and assisting with making Mario Kart games in the last decade. They wouldn't even be a notable studio if they weren't the only Western studio for Nintendo. Next Level Games>>>Retro Studios imo. :hubie: And if you think otherwise then feel free to prove me wrong.

- SIE Japan Studio - The only Sony studio I check for and they havent done shyt all gen imo. Let's be real here. Their most notable games are remasters and co-developing VR games that nobody gives a damn about. :hubie:

6. This acquisition is different because Sony builds up the studio before buying them - Let's not do this. Naughty Dog was a notable studio when they were making games for Activision and Insomniac was literally making notable Xbox exclusives at the beginning of this gen.

We got to just keep it 100 and say people were talking out their ass and have to eat crow now.:francis: I know MS felt good when they locked in this deal but after this week they probably feel like they hit the lottery and the price of the ticket was well worth it :mjgrin:....and none of these studios have even released a game yet. You win some and you lose some...and Sony loyalists got to hold that L on this one.:yeshrug:You hate to see it...

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I understand people having their biases and especially for Sony since they're clearly the biggest brand in gaming and have had a lot of success in the market. But my goodnes...there are a lot of people showing their ass after this acquisition. Just looking around social media with my free time this weekend and many of the arguments I'm seeing dont even make sense.

1. Microsoft is leaving money on the table by having these games exclusive
- They arent exclusive and people were clowining Microsoft for putting their games on PC. You can even play their games on your phone now too. I also guess we gotta get at Nintendo and Sony for keeping games exclusive on their platforms too...oh wait.

2. Monopoly
- Not even going to go into details on this one. If you truly believe ths then you are just ignorant.

3. Keeping these games exclusive means long time fans wont get to play them - Nobody is forcing these consumers to not invest in the Xbox ecosystem or a PC. And there are PLENTY of IP that have gone from being associated with one of the Big 3 then moved on to the other. And Microsoft doesnt owe consumers anything. If you want to play software from these studios then you know what you gotta do.

4. Game Pass is devaluing software and there is no way it's profitable
- This is pretty bulshyt too since MS will still allow you to buy these games at retail or Amazon. They still need to justify that price tag for people who dont want to invest in Game Pass. Also, I grew up poor so my family had to rent games a lot. I guess I just have a different perspective on this because Game Pass makes playing video games a lot more accessible for those who would otherwise not be able to invest in these games due to that high price tag and other groups of ppl like college kids. And yea let's tell a company that is worth a trillion dollars how to spend their cash lmao.

5. Microsoft runs studios into the ground - You could say this about other companies too if we're being honest:
- Retro Studios - Made Metroid Prime 1-3 then fell the fukk off imo. Nothing but 2D platformers and assisting with making Mario Kart games in the last decade. They wouldn't even be a notable studio if they weren't the only Western studio for Nintendo. Next Level Games>>>Retro Studios imo. :hubie: And if you think otherwise then feel free to prove me wrong.

- SIE Japan Studio - The only Sony studio I check for and they havent done shyt all gen imo. Let's be real here. Their most notable games are remasters and co-developing VR games that nobody gives a damn about. :hubie:

6. This acquisition is different because Sony builds up the studio before buying them - Let's not do this. Naughty Dog was a notable studio when they were making games for Activision and Insomniac was literally making notable Xbox exclusives at the beginning of this gen.

We got to just keep it 100 and say people were talking out their ass and have to eat crow now.:francis: I know MS felt good when they locked in this deal but after this week they probably feel like they hit the lottery and the price of the ticket was well worth it :mjgrin:....and none of these studios have even released a game yet. You win some and you lose some...and Sony loyalists got to hold that L on this one.:yeshrug:You hate to see it...

This is a bit untrue so I'm not sure if you're being honest.

1. Microsoft is leaving money on the table by having these games exclusive - They arent exclusive and people were clowining Microsoft for putting their games on PC.
Throughout this entire gen MSFT pretty much continued on with the Halo/Gears/Forza development. No gamepass+ identical library= "Lol PC?". They were still competing with Sony in terms of hardware sold so them putting games on PC was backwards in the beginning of the gen. They started going through their "we're not competing with Sony" phase around 2017 when they realized Sony pretty much had this lane mastered.

You say SIE Japan studio has done nothing all gen yet this gen they've co-developed The Last Guardian, Bloodborne, Gravity Rush 2, SOTC, and Demon's Souls. All great to excellent games. The Astrobot VR game was one of their best and highest rated games.

"Let's not do this. Naughty Dog was a notable studio when they were making games for Activision":dahell:

No, let's do this. They developed 4 Crash games exclusively for PS1 under Activision. After that they were acquired by Sony.

"Insomniac was literally making notable Xbox exclusives at the beginning of this gen." :deadmanny:

They made one game for Xbox breh. That's it! The rest of their "notable" games were PS2~PS4 games namely in the Ratchet series and 3 Resistance games for the PS3. They were not this third party develop churning out title after title for other platforms so that's wrong.

The example you named was pretty weak.

Retro studios developed Metroid Prime 1~3 and a collection for the Wii. They then made Donkey Kong Country and Mario Kart Wii.

If we compare this to the studios that was in MSFT's hand since the early Xbox days, they pretty much had a trifecta of games by their mainline studios.

Bungie-Halo. They didn't do anything else but Halo(At the time understandable.) If Bungie was grabbed they probably wouldn't have even made Destiny yet.

Epic Games-Gears studio

Turn 10-Forza Series.

Compared to Sony they let their devs develop different IPS every gen.
People can say "But there's X amount of Uncharted games!"
Except there's a new IP as well with a new one most likely being made this upcoming gen.

"But God of War tho."
You can sort of make a case for God of War but they at least changed up the series completely with the reboot.

Plus factor in other studios making new IP's and the "run studios into the ground" argument doesn't hold up as well for other platform makers. MSFT seems to be changing now but prior to today MSFT earned their Halo/Gears/Forza reputation.

Last edited:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
This is a bit untrue so I'm not sure if you're being honest.

Throughout this entire gen MSFT pretty much continued on with the Halo/Gears/Forza development. No gamepass+ identical library= "Lol PC?". They were still competing with Sony in terms of hardware sold so them putting games on PC was backwards in the beginning of the gen. They started going through their "we're not competing with Sony" phase around 2017 when they realized Sony pretty much had this lane mastered.

You say SIE Japan studio has done nothing all gen yet this gen they've co-developed The Last Guardian, Bloodborne, Gravity Rush 2, SOTC, and Demon's Souls. All great to excellent games. The Astrobot VR game was one of their best and highest rated games.

"Let's not do this. Naughty Dog was a notable studio when they were making games for Activision":dahell:

No, let's do this. They developed 4 Crash games exclusively for PS1 under Activision. After that they were acquired by Sony.

"Insomniac was literally making notable Xbox exclusives at the beginning of this gen." :deadmanny:

They made one game for Xbox breh. That's it! The rest of their "notable" games were PS2~PS4 games namely in the Ratchet series and 3 Resistance games for the PS3. They were not this third party develop churning out title after title for other platforms so that's wrong.

The example you named was pretty weak.

Retro studios developed Metroid Prime 1~3 and a collection for the Wii. They then made Donkey Kong Country and Mario Kart Wii.

If we compare this to the studios that was in MSFT's hand since the early Xbox days, they pretty much had a trifecta of games by their mainline studios.

Bungie-Halo. They didn't do anything else but Halo(At the time understandable.) If Bungie was grabbed they probably wouldn't have even made Destiny yet.

Epic Games-Gears studio

Turn 10-Forza Series.

Compared to Sony they let their devs develop different IPS every gen.
People can say "But there's X amount of Uncharted games!"
Except there's a new IP as well with a new one most likely being made this upcoming gen.

"But God of War tho."
You can sort of make a case for God of War but they at least changed up the series completely with the reboot.

Plus factor in other studios making new IP's and the "run studios into the ground" argument doesn't hold up as well for other platform makers. MSFT seems to be changing now but prior to today MSFT earned their Halo/Gears/Forza reputation.
Sorry breh but you whining about this on here earlier this week let me know where you stand with this deal. :yeshrug:I'm pretty sure you're a self-labeled Sony stan too so why should I entertain a bias opinion on this subject? At the end of the day you're going top do what stans do.

Also, MS literally has a deal with EA on Gamepass. Do Sony stans and people who are against this deal really think they couldn't do a deal similar to that with Zenimax? And most of Bethesda's software were going to come to Microsoft's platform regardless. They clearly dropped the bag for exclusives so I'm not sure why people are holding out hope for these games to be multiplat. But like I said earlier, people are clouded by bias. :francis: Bethesda will fulfill any contractual agreements that are already on the table then they will be Xbox/PC moving forward. People will just have to deal with it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sorry breh but you whining about this on here earlier this week let me know where you stand with this deal. :yeshrug:I'm pretty sure you're a self-labeled Sony stan too so why should I entertain a bias opinion on this subject? At the end of the day you're going top do what stans do.
This isn't really my opinion, I was more so elucidating on the points you were making. I wasn't whining, I was pointing out some people who only seemed to be happy about this due to their favorite company making the deal. Whining would be accurate if I was some huge Fallout or Skyrim fan who relies on someone else to purchase consoles for me and now may miss out on these games.

Also, MS literally has a deal with EA on Gamepass. Do Sony stans and people who are against this deal really think they couldn't do a deal similar to that with Zenimax? And most of Bethesda's software were going to come to Microsoft's platform regardless. They clearly dropped the bag for exclusives so I'm not sure why people are holding out hope for these games to be multiplat. But like I said earlier, people are clouded by bias. :francis: Bethesda will fulfill any contractual agreements that are already on the table then they will be Xbox/PC moving forward. People will just have to deal with it.
Me personally I couldn't care less about this deal as I don't game exclusively on one platform, I have all the major platforms so I can play whatever I want to play. I think the reason some folks are saying that these titles may still come to PS4/5 because some of them were already in the works and were obligated to before this acquisition so the fruit of this deal may not really amount to much until years later.

I prefer Sony no doubt but I always said that the reason Xbox seemed so lackluster this gen to a lot of people was that it pretty much had little to no exclusives nor compelling reasons for someone to buy an Xbox and the one or two games they did have could've been played on PC if you really wanted to. It was like if you had a PS4 and you were happy with it, the Xbox wasn't that much different.

The BC+gamepass started to really make it stand out and it's for the better. A console with barely any exclusives and the few being the same old same old made for a console that only catered to Xbox enthusiasts.

Now though they seem like they will have a lot of titles coming out in the future and for someone who may not game on PC you can't go wrong with the Series X in addition to the PS5.

Plus Gamepass is much better now. People like to say "Y'all clowned Xbox" but you can't honestly look at Xbox right now and say it was the same in 2013~2020.

Game pass started really getting some big hits in the past year or so and with this acquisition will have even more day 1.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
You bodied yourself breh. Move on....

Anyway, my brother and I were talking about this deal earlier today and we both agreed that console warriors that prefer Sony and only plan on buying 1 box better be hoping this deal doesn't work out for MS. Because if it does, and given what MS just bought, we could be heading to a point where you could have a legit discussion that Sony has the weakest 1st party software of the Big 3 despite the strides they made at the end of the PS3 era and PS4. Depending on your preferences of course.

MS also has Game Pass and a cheaper way to play games, a cheaper entry price with Series S, the ability to play their software on different platforms without waiting for late ports, a stronger console, more software studios making games, and what many gamers consider to be a superior online experience with Xbox Live. How did we get here?:patrice:

I'm still going to buy a 5 for anime games and jrpgs. I even think Playstation is the bigger brand and the 5 is pretty much guaranteed to sell well. But it will be interesting to see how the market reacts to MS this gen given these atypical moves they've been making.

Still need to address that marketing though. I can't even remember the last MS conference or presentation that I thought was done well and that is kind of a big deal so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
If xbox can get some of the good jrpgs to put their games in the ecosystem would be a game changer. If they can get like persona, trails of cold steel, dragon quest, and the other main ones to consistently bring their games to the xbox I wouldnt need a ps5 really.

Badmon

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cap City
I've only played 2 of those games; Evil Within and Doom.

You can keep those titles xbots :heh:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've played a lot of them, let me correct myself lol.
Dishonered 1, 2, Death of the ousider
Doom, Doom 2020 (title escapes)
Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder scrolls online
Rage 1 & 2 etc.
Fallout 3, 4, New Vegas & 76 as well the older titles Fallout 1 &2.
I fukk with bethesda pretty heavy though.

Last edited:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
People are celebrating this shyt? When Sony stans say Microsoft needs more exclusives, we mean they need to create new and exciting IPs to wow their loyal fans, as Sony has been doing for years. Not buy up franchises other people have created and that we’ve all been playing since childhood. This is truly some American shyt, throwing money at a problem and hoping it works. This subforum’s dikkriding of Phil Spencer remains to be the strangest thing on all subforums of the Coli :snoop:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People are celebrating this shyt? When Sony stans say Microsoft needs more exclusives, we mean they need to create new and exciting IPs to wow their loyal fans, as Sony has been doing for years. Not buy up franchises other people have created and that we’ve all been playing since childhood. This is truly some American shyt, throwing money at a problem and hoping it works. This subforum’s dikkriding of Phil Spencer remains to be the strangest thing on all subforums of the Coli :snoop:
Sony continues to acquire developers to bolster Worldwide Studios roster - VG247
Sony recently announced its intention to continue acquiring major studios to work on its first-party games as part of the Sony Worldwide Studios roster.

The news comes from a recently filed corporate report, which also includes details on the company’s intention to port more of its first-party games to PC following the commercial successes of Death Stranding and Horizon: Zero Dawn on Steam.

According to the report, “Sony Interactive Entertainment continues to invest in, or acquire, firms with abundant creativity and cutting-edge technologies to build up Worldwide Studios, an association of first-party title production studios.”
sony should continue focusIng on creating new IPs, not buying studios:troll:

spiderman should go back to being multiplat, we’ve had spiderman games on other consoles for decades:troll: