Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
92050513-7ecb-4f6e-9e0d-3e7bcede09a2-xboxeco_playeratthecenter_928_1920x1080_jpg.jpg

Help us find a Sony or Nintendo device in the Microsoft circle of life.

More from Trill Phil

Phil Spencer on exclusivity, monetisation and game development

The long game doesn't involve Sony or Nintendo with the exception of GAAS games like Fallout 76.

I had this feeling or belief that we were underinvesting and I was head of first-party, so I felt it directly. I wanted to invest more, and we weren't able to. So when I got into this job, I needed to put the business in a good space while getting the support of the company. And then we built a business model that prioritised investing in content knowing that we would have to invest early and wait a while for those investments to pay off.

The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so? But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.

Little Carmine Lupertazzi ass boy

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Microsoft would be dumbasses to single handily neglect the ENTIRE sony player base...:mjlol: just being petty asf...

No they wouldn't. They own the company now. One of the goal for them is to sell Xboxes. And most people aren't tech savvy enough nor have the cash to shell out for a PC that will be able to run future games well.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
No they wouldn't. They own the company now. One of the goal for them is to sell Xboxes. And most people aren't tech savvy enough nor have the cash to shell out for a PC that will be able to run future games well.

you say that but...:patrice: whats the point of exclusivity if they cant even get a name to their system popping.. people was already confuse when they was made for pre-order...:russ: I swear if they fukk this up...

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
you say that but...:patrice: whats the point of exclusivity if they cant even get a name to their system popping.. people was already confuse when they was made for pre-order...:russ: I swear if they fukk this up...

If they fukk up (which is damn near impossible) then they write it off and sell the company. Microsoft has $136b cash on hand. They'll be fine however this goes.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Only games i will truly miss from this acquisition are Arkane games and the new starfield.

I feel like elderscrolls kind of got outdone by the witcher but since BioWare shyt the bed we do need a new space rpg series

Just so evidence shows i never held out hope for multiplatform releases :mjpls: