Microsoft has closed a number of Bethesda studios, Redfall maker Arkane Austin, HiFi Rush dev Tango Gameworks, and more... Update: More cuts coming

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
As i said in the first post the game was never gonna be a huge seller.

They have trends and metrics to go on. I’m sure it was never expected to be huge, which is why it could meet or exceed expectations but still not be a big seller.

When it’s time to cut costs and consolidate resources, these are the first games to go. Bethesda is printing money with fallout 76, Elder scrolls online etc. Makes all the sense in the world to consolidate resources on those games like them.

If it’s gonna take 200 mill and 6 years to make a game, Investors want those games to be a lot less risky. Tied to a popular franchise or IP, or sure fire gaming trend. HiFi is a hard sell to investors.

:wow:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess I’m a “Sony Stan” because I haven’t fukked with Xbox since the 360, but in reality I’m a just a gamer. the crazy part about all of this is there’s literally I assume millions of other gamers like me just waiting and watching when the time comes for Xbox to pull us back in with dope ass games. Game Pass is a sweet deal but their glory days of banger after banger don’t seem to be coming back

Not saying what they offer now isn’t good but what Forza, Halo and whatever else just doesn’t cut it looking from the outside. When they had Gears 1-3, KTOR, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden, Left 4 Dead, Otogi ect. I could go on, they were lit but the last 2 console generations been straight desolate

Hopefully one day with the studios they got, the dope games comeback

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
And that make money and expand the brand…..

should be the rest of the sentence.

HiFi flopped on playstation while the other games flourished.

No company gone keep pursuing some shyt like that.
Should I believe what you think he should say, or the quote directly from Mr. Booty?

:manny:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I guess I’m a “Sony Stan” because I haven’t fukked with Xbox since the 360, but in reality I’m a just a gamer. the crazy part about all of this is there’s literally I assume millions of other gamers like me just waiting and watching when the time comes for Xbox to pull us back in with dope ass games. Game Pass is a sweet deal but their glory days of banger after banger don’t seem to be coming back

Not saying what they offer now isn’t good but what Forza, Halo and whatever else just doesn’t cut it looking from the outside. When they had Gears 1-3, KTOR, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden, Left 4 Dead, Otogi ect. I could go on, they were lit but the last 2 console generations been straight desolate

We've all been saying this, but if you don't praise everything xbox does, well, welcome to team "Sony Stan"

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that make money and expand the brand…..

should be the rest of the sentence.

HiFi flopped on playstation while the other games flourished.

No company gone keep pursuing some shyt like that.
Hifi flopped because when it’s was released imo. You may not have been interested but from January till now, there was Persona, Like a Drgaon. Granblue, Helldivers, Final Fantasy, Unicorn Overlord, Dragons Dogma, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Sandland and whatever.

I personally bought 6 of those games and for Xbox to drop HiFi in the middle of all that was just taking ol yeller out back and shooting the poor sap in the head

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You should believe the actions of literally every game publisher on earth :ehh:
First it was Xbox is different they don't worry about sales anymore because of gamepass, look at the players played!

Now it's Xbox is having the same issues as everyone else.

I wonder why they decided to change course.

:sas2:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
First it was Xbox is different they don't worry about sales anymore because of gamepass, look at the players played!
Apparently hifi doesn’t have lots of players in gamepass either

There’s no change of course.

Everyone is looking for engagement. Hifi didn’t drive engagement on multiple platforms with multiple delivery methods.

The game was rejected by the market. I’m not sure why you continue to play dumb about it

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Hifi flopped because when it’s was released imo. You may not have been interested but from January till now, there was Persona, Like a Drgaon. Granblue, Helldivers, Final Fantasy, Unicorn Overlord, Dragons Dogma, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Sandland and whatever.

I personally bought 6 of those games and for Xbox to drop HiFi in the middle of all that was just taking ol yeller out back and shooting the poor sap in the head
Maybe, but i don’t think so.

So many games releasing these days. All games are competing for people’s time.

We saw hifi release on playstation with other xbox ports. All of those ports sold well. Hifi did not.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I'm a game Stan 1st.

But Xbox how far I give me the both value and options to play my game as a console gamer 1st.

I've always been a big Xbox fan because of the tech and ecosystem, but back in the 360 days the Xbox was dope but they essentially just had 3rd party exclusives or timed exclusives on top of gears/halo which wasn't even really profitable to do back then.

If Microsoft was buying up and locking titles exclusively to Xbox right now like they were then people would be having a fit.

When they announced Tomb raider was going to be exclusive on the xb1. I remember the Internet BLOWING up about MS throwing money around and taking a title that was multiplatform and getting it as a exclusive. How it hurts the publisher and gamers, until shortly later they said it was a time-exclusive to try to calm the masses and people still was just as mad :mjlol:

Fast forward to 2024 and it's the same rhetoric MS throwing they money destroying the industry and screwing gamers.

Meanwhile Sony locking up former multiplatform titles and announced games with absolutely no backlash

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Apparently hifi doesn’t have lots of players in gamepass either

There’s no change of course.

Everyone is looking for engagement. Hifi didn’t drive engagement on multiple platforms with multiple delivery methods.

The game was rejected by the market. I’m not sure why you continue to play dumb about it

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Sales still matter :dahell:

No one said sales don't matter anymore, like I said gamepass is a sale. So sales matter.

Hardware sales won't matter as much if they reach certain goals with gamepass subs.

But hardware will also always matter.

:smh: