Microsoft has closed a number of Bethesda studios, Redfall maker Arkane Austin, HiFi Rush dev Tango Gameworks, and more... Update: More cuts coming

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You missing the forest for the trees. Xbots, as a collective, were praising HFR. Maybe you didn't fukk with the game like that for some reason, it doesn't matter.

There's no downplaying this though. :ufdup:

No one is crying over whoever made Redfail getting bushed. They had their shot and they blew it.

Tango was trending upwards tho. What's the culture MS trying to build with this brand?
Who is this “collective”??

The game was out on Xbox, Steam, and then Playstation and still couldn’t find an audience. The playstation release was probably the last straw. The game just wasn’t appealing to a broad enough audience to justify continued investment.

As for tango. They’ve only ever released middling to flops despite their fandom on forums. Evil within 1 and 2 didn’t make much money. Ghostwire was a flop. Hifi got attention from reviewers but did not catch on with the people actually buying and playing games.

Nobody is investing “for the culture” Sony did the same thing with the gravity rush developers.

Gravity rush was a critical hit, with people on forums talking about how great it was. It sold like shyt, sony closed the studio. That’s how business works :manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
5WlJOXr.jpeg

Alanah PAWG spittin

Outside her titties, I don't GAF about her or her opinions.

Don't know if this has been posted

That was a given.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
If I worked at Ninja Theory I would be updating my resume right now...

I don’t know whose idea it was to invest so much time and money on a 5 hours playable movie but the studio is the one who is gonna pay when it bombs.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This puts that Xbox Buying Bethesda thread in a whole new light, these nikkaz cheered for their own destruction :mjlol:
they wrong every damn time and still keeping the faith.

exactly why I'm glad this "war" is over. It hasn't been one for a decade now. :snooze: