Mad Max Furiosa prequel- Anya Taylor Joy and Chris Hemsworth

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
This movie was great. If you loved Fury Road, just watch this! It's great. The acting is great. The characters are over the top and amazingly portrayed. Hemsworth brought it and played a great over the top character. As goofy as it may sound, he's a mix of a pro wrestler, rock star and a cult leader! I don't really know how to nail it down. This dude would fit perfectly in Robocop, Mortal Kombat, a comic book movie, etc...

The choice of staying with Furiosa in stages of her life was cool. It answers the questions "how did she survive in this hell, how did she keep from getting assaulted, how did she get her rank," etc. I like how she avoided....that situation.

I don't want to do a spoiler section but I'm guessing since this movie isn't making money then no one is going to see it. So soft spoiler if you care.

The driver before Furiosa. I had to do a double take on him. I was like, "are they dubbing his voice?" And he just goes full Australian accent just like Gibson. He was damned good. He felt like a mentor when he realized this was someone...pure, or as pure as the wasteland could produce. Resourceful, ruthless, tactical, etc.

People complaining about the CGI, you really got to get over yourselves. It's 2024 it ain't going away.

The action was top notch. The driving, the shooting, the battles, gore, all of it is worth seeing.

Like I said, if you like Fury Road, watch this movie, it's great.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I never had any interest in this film. I also recognize that this movie wasn’t for me though because I didn’t like Fury Road either.

I think the larger issue that Hollywood and these Theater owners haven’t recognized yet though is, by and large, the movie going experience is pretty shytty now. There’s next to no staff in a lot of places, no rules being enforced, and it’s expensive as fukk. Not to mention you run the very high risk of dealing with everything I just mentioned, only to see a movie that turns out to be absolute garbage. People, as consumers, are doing what they’re supposed to do and voting with their wallets. The decision makers and suits are just late to the party. Like they always are.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I think the larger issue that Hollywood and these Theater owners haven’t recognized yet though is, by and large, the movie going experience is pretty shytty now. There’s next to no staff in a lot of places, no rules being enforced, and it’s expensive as fukk. Not to mention you run the very high risk of dealing with everything I just mentioned, only to see a movie that turns out to be absolute garbage. People, as consumers, are doing what they’re supposed to do and voting with their wallets. The decision makers and suits are just late to the party. Like they always are.
yeah. it's crazy one of the theaters around here had like 3 different area/points for concession, but now only one of them are open. the traffic died down considerably

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
yeah. it's crazy one of the theaters around here had like 3 different area/points for concession, but now only one of them are open. the traffic died down considerably
Them late 90s early 00s days of 3 concession stands with multiple aisles all full :wow:

The only times it looks even remotely like that now is the annual $3 movie day or whatever it is. I didn't even have time for concessions it was so packed

Like Scott mendelson always says. People don't go to the movies just to go to the movies anymore. Too many other entertainment options

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just got back from seeing this in IMAX. Not as strong as Fury Road, but that is a hard bar to clear. Still thought this was really good and worth seeing on the big screen. A lot of car carnage in the wasteland, with some thrilling sequences. You could tell Chris Hemsworth had a lot of fun in his role.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i regretted not watching fury road in a theater

what a great movie this was, more substance then fury road. how cute, they put that bullied aussy kid in the movie as a war boy.

not sure why its bombing at the theater but it was done great, my only disappointment was the lack of lines for joe but of course the real one died so they have to limit his speaking lines.

5 out of 5

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Glad I saw this at the theater. This woulda looked terrible on the monitor.

I'm usually not one of them "CGI was terrible" - but damn if it wasn't noticeable.

Spoilers

Chess Girl - She's not in it for liek 45 minutes. Instead it's her as a girl. And like was said above, zero sympathy for her. Had she just listened to her folks, none of this would have happened.

Thor without the Hammer - He was a villain in that ensemble movie, playing a Charles Manson type dude. He's okay in it. Just hamming it up.

I'm not into Mad Max lore at all - but all of them were fine, disgusting, gross out, special needs, disabled, perverted...It's like I can see the type of dude in my mind that likes this stuff. He's even a little off among Comic Book Nerds.

You go see this movie for the stunts and crazy machines.
The credits had them throw in some footage from the last movie - and that was a big mistake imo. Shows how lacking the CIG was.

But

Oil Rig Run was like whoa... Worth the ticket price, imo.

Everything else was just kinda okay.

Using the Double Toasted Scoring system
  • some ol bs
  • rental
  • matinee
  • full price
  • better than sex
Matinee

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Finally got around to seeing this.... :wow:

what the fuq.... this shyt was beautiful. I didn't think it could be better than Fury Road but they fukking did it. The thing about Fury Road is it was really just Wacky Races but incredibly well done. Here we got to really live in Furiosa's decisions and her trials. The world was more fleshed out and we got to see more companions on both sides interact with the main characters.

The energy of the movie is just insane. What I loved the most about the action was the cold and brutal efficiency of the kills. Like it's not about survival chances or threat levels, I just need to get you out the paint and this is what I need to do now. Everything didn't need to be explained, it's mad max world... just live in it.

Lastly, the boy Hemsworth went stupid. He def channeled Heath Ledger Joker here. The final face off with him and old girl was pins and needles. Like this is really what vengeance gets you, on both sides of the coin. Just two people out in the desert bearing the weight of their own choices. The bug eyed chick had her moments but she aint coming close to Charlize... they understood that though and gave her limited screen time. Idk it's like... she's best when she doesnt talk like in the Witch. & how you let a little girl out act you for 45 minutes..smh.

As well, I really feel it's the best expression of Mad Max. The older movies just couldn't express action in this way. Shame the movie isn't doing well but I mean it's never been as hot as the first film. Miller got everything he needed to get out on this one, so if this is the end of the line it's a perfect send off. I gotta rewatch Fury Road tomorrow to compare but this tops it for me just a little rn. Movie of the year so far.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Hard to get behind this petulant child character.

That is responsible for all the shyt she went through.
Another one of these female characters that is not a hero.
Where the audience is supposed to give a fukk about the main character being a petulant child.
Plus have stockholm syndrome.
that does not warrant a major story.
or franchise to Revolve around. While never ever being anywhere near the main hero the franchise is about. Not to mention..

The whatever her fukk'n name character. Taking precedence over Tina Turner character origin. Makes no fukkin sense whatsoever. Plus has no significance to the franchise whatsoever. While also never giving any background. As to how we arose to this world in 1981 with road warrior.

fukk this character.

fukk this racist direction.

fukk Mel Gibson for being racist and ruining a legendary one of a ki d high quality franchise.

fukk this being in Australia. That the black character tuna Turner played was never explained.

Yet we have to sit through two movies of this petulant female child character. Who is a fukk up and not anywhere near a legendary female character in lore.

fukk this character.

Watch it on cam.

fukk this movie.

Art Barr

Gimme:

Lady Jaye
Scarlett
Cover girl
Leia
Ariel from thundarr
Newt
Ripley
Storm in Claremont continuity
Tela
The real she ra : not that lesbian bullshyt that again undermines rhe main hero. When we already went through this. As to why heman needs to be relaunched again.

I grew up with incredible Female hero character.

fukk these petulant weak female characters. They keep trying to make into a main character. When they are a fukkin petulant pos kid turned pos adult.
Who still never accept accountability for being a fukk up. Yet because they are a kid. We supposed to say oh no. fukk that. As a kid if you were petulant and a fukk up. Who got caught. No one fukked with you. You not about to make me care about some pos kid. Now a pos adult.
Who undermines being a hero.
Yet we supposed to rally behind. this pos villain obsessed stockholm war wife weak minded female bytch of a character.

fukk this movie.

fukk Mel Gibson
fukk aussie for being racist to black people.
fukk the Oscar's. For never giving just due to actual films and dope movies and actors. That legacy Oscar are giving out for the Oscar being fukk up and awarding legacy Oscar for their fukk ups.

Again.. fukk this movie.

fukk this movie.

We can go into detail.

As i am ready to table anyone.
giving this weak ass villian obsessed war wife ass movie.
a positive review.

fukk this movie.

fukk you.
if you like this movie.

Art Barr

Last edited: