Mad Max Furiosa prequel- Anya Taylor Joy and Chris Hemsworth

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
This is a tricky question.

People have problems with the "anti woke" side of the Internet, but there's an inherent overlap stemming from the fact that a lot of people share their complaints but don't want to be seen agreeing with them(understandably so)
:mjlol:Bruhs was riding hard for that she-hulk show. So they wouldn’t be labeled anti woke lol.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This is a tricky question.

People have problems with the "anti woke" side of the Internet, but there's an inherent overlap stemming from the fact that a lot of people share their complaints but don't want to be seen agreeing with them(understandably so)

The irony of this movie flopping is Mad Max Fury Road started this wave of female characters attempting to replace popular male protagonists. This was a minor complaint when Fury Road was out but it got a pass because the movie was so good

Throughout this past decade we've had multiple attempts at franchises being hijacked by "new strong female" counterparts . That shyt has ruined Star Wars, ruined the MCU, produced a terrible Matrix movie, and on and on. Whenever nikkas express their issues with this they get gaslit with the "Y'all hate women" incels rhetoric. The "anti woke" movement blowing up like it has is a direct response to the gaslighting

I've heard from a lot of people that Furiosa is good. I'll take their word for it. But the issue is the previous decade of crying wolf with all the bad female led vehicles that nikkas were being pressured into liking. Now they've ran everyone away:manny:

Even using the Mad Max name can be seen as a slap in the face when Fury Road was hardly a Max movie and now you have Furiosa with no Max at all. Nikkas ain't going for the bait and switch anymore
I said before I couldn't even enjoy fury road because the bait and switch made me mentally check out during the movie

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I saw it this yesterday morning and it was great. Moreso then being an origin story, I think it shows how the people in Mad Max's world simply exist. They're all defined by the jobs they do, or their levels of savagery. The only parts I didn't like were those filled obvious CGI. They don't need that in a Mad Max world. I think this will find an audience later.

When I think about it, I wonder why it took so long for George Miller to open up the world. I once read that he'd been working on Furiosa for a long time. Of course there was the 4th Mel Gibson movie from late 90s that kept getting delayed, before being scrapped, but he could've pivoted there and just expanded on the universe.

And Chris Hensworth kills it. He's really excelling as a character actor, once the suits noticed he wasn't a blockbuster leading man.

Last edited:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Man fukk this movie :russ:
A revenge flick is suppose to make you feel sympathy for the lead character
Furiosa brought all this shyt on to herself:dead:
they wrong for that great value mad max:skip:
I was confused as fukk as to if he was a father figure to her or lover:skip:
shyt was mad ambiguous :skip:
Then actual Max just chilling on a cliff eating Chinese food:dead:

I did like how Anya captured Charlize voice at the end but she was pretty wasted
Chris doing his best Momoa impression from FFX:russ:
And shoehorning his wife in the beginning :Kd:
I see why people not feeling it
The prequel makes Furiosa look like a brat and totally kills her vague origin story in Fury Road:francis:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Man fukk this movie :russ:
A revenge flick is suppose to make you feel sympathy for the lead character
Furiosa brought all this shyt on to herself:dead:
they wrong for that great value mad max:skip:
I was confused as fukk as to if he was a father figure to her or lover:skip:
shyt was mad ambiguous :skip:
Then actual Max just chilling on a cliff eating Chinese food:dead:

I did like how Anya captured Charlize voice at the end but she was pretty wasted
Chris doing his best Momoa impression from FFX:russ:
And shoehorning his wife in the beginning :Kd:
I see why people not feeling it
The prequel makes Furiosa look like a brat and totally kills her vague origin story in Fury Road:francis:

Ain't no good guys in Mad Max's world. There are just different levels of savagery. Hell, Max ain't even a hero.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Ain't no good guys in Mad Max's world. There are just different levels of savagery. Hell, Max ain't even a hero.
That’s understood but this ain’t that
Fury Road made her origin story seem to be more in line with the first Mad Max
Max wasn’t some savage like that
The world made him that way and according to Hemsworth the same
Furiosa brought all this shyt on herself
From being precocious, obviously not listening to her people and mother, not listening to little bit when she said it’s time to go
Even with Kirklands best Mad Max
This was a terrible origin story
Ain’t no way around it
Even with The Last Of Us
We know the story and characters aren’t good but it’s the back story that gets us
Ambiguity is in the original story
There is absolutely nothing redeemable about her character
I felt no need to root for her even if she was “bad”
If you like it
I love it :francis: :Kd: :manny:

Last edited: