George Miller has perfected his craft

Best performance of Hemsworth career

It flopped because Maga cacs wont support a movie they deem to be “DEI”

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So was this a good movie??:patrice: reviews are mixed asf...

Reviews are not mixed

IMG-6428.jpg

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
This is a tricky question.

People have problems with the "anti woke" side of the Internet, but there's an inherent overlap stemming from the fact that a lot of people share their complaints but don't want to be seen agreeing with them(understandably so)

The irony of this movie flopping is Mad Max Fury Road started this wave of female characters attempting to replace popular male protagonists. This was a minor complaint when Fury Road was out but it got a pass because the movie was so good

Throughout this past decade we've had multiple attempts at franchises being hijacked by "new strong female" counterparts . That shyt has ruined Star Wars, ruined the MCU, produced a terrible Matrix movie, and on and on. Whenever nikkas express their issues with this they get gaslit with the "Y'all hate women" incels rhetoric. The "anti woke" movement blowing up like it has is a direct response to the gaslighting

I've heard from a lot of people that Furiosa is good. I'll take their word for it. But the issue is the previous decade of crying wolf with all the bad female led vehicles that nikkas were being pressured into liking. Now they've ran everyone away:manny:

Even using the Mad Max name can be seen as a slap in the face when Fury Road was hardly a Max movie and now you have Furiosa with no Max at all. Nikkas ain't going for the bait and switch anymore
Ruined Oceans

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Helmsworth stole the show as the villain. I forgot how good he could act and his lines at the end were some of his best work.

This movie also has some of the best action sequences i've seen in a while.

I'm not surprised at the box office. People are broke and it's not like Mad Max has a huge audience clamoring for a new movie.

This was a good movie but Hollywood needs new ideas. Most of the original fans are in retirement homes now and making the protagonist a woman is not exactly a fresh idea that's gonna set it apart or bring in a younger audience.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Helmsworth stole the show as the villain. I forgot how good he could act and his lines at the end were some of his best work.

This movie also has some of the best action sequences i've seen in a while.

I'm not surprised at the box office. People are broke and it's not like Mad Max has a huge audience clamoring for a new movie.

This was a good movie but Hollywood needs new ideas. Most of the original fans are in retirement homes now and making the protagonist a woman is not exactly a fresh idea that's gonna set it apart or bring in a younger audience.

Were people not broke two months ago when everyone saw Dune 2 and Godzilla x Kong? That has nothing to do with it.

Outside of the first Mad Max film which was a major success, the series hasn't been a box office smash. Fury Road lost money despite making more than its budget. I'm kind of surprised this film was even made, although I'm certainly glad it was. I just don't think audiences care much and it wasn't a sexy movie so people opted to wait for streaming. The setting is so dirty/dire, there isn't much romance, no big bankable stars...I don't think it's shocking that it didn't do well.

Really good movie, prob gonna be better than most of the action movies people end up supporting at theaters in the coming months.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Movie was marketed heavily but people were just like, no thanks. It happens. Biggest surprise of the year so far as far as flops go.

I still wanna see it but in all honesty it could wait. Everyone is basically saying yeah it's good but it's no fury road. Which I was hoping it would be on par with, even tho that might not be realistic however I'm not trying to pay to see a movie that doesn't live up to the previous film.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Movie was marketed heavily but people were just like, no thanks. It happens. Biggest surprise of the year so far as far as flops go.

I still wanna see it but in all honesty it could wait. Everyone is basically saying yeah it's good but it's no fury road. Which I was hoping it would be on par with, even tho that might not be realistic however I'm not trying to pay to see a movie that doesn't live up to the previous film.
Not about the amount of marketing it’s about the quality. This was an abject marketing failure by the studio.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I didnt care for Fury Road because Max was a fan in his own shyt.

Also more movies where barely any nikkas exist in the future
Max is like that in Road Warrior though. He walks into a situation that has nothing to do with him then he literally tries to "nope" right out of his own sequel. :pachaha:

In Road Warrior, he just wanted some gas and to keep it moving. That's it...but it's a movie. So he has to "hero."

————

And for the no black people part, the Mad Max universe takes place in Australia! We would literally have to cross a bone dry radioactive PACIFIC OCEAN to get to the Mad Max world. Why the fukk would we do that? :bryan: