Mad Max Furiosa prequel- Anya Taylor Joy and Chris Hemsworth

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Tbf, the title of the movie is Furiosa with the (a mad max saga) or whatever, not Mad Max: Furiosa. I don’t think people give a shyt about Mad Max as a character so I do not think the movies have to be centered around him. The world building Miller has done with the mad max universe is so good; why limit the story to Max? The trailers and marketing for this film was abysmal, I also do agree the length of time between Fury road and Furiosa didn’t help the situation

Because nobody gives a shyt about Furiosa. We want to see Max and his adventures.

Once they said this wasn't a Mad Max movie I decided I'd catch it on streaming.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
i didn't understand why furiosa was messing with them dudes bikes in the beginning but then i understood that its because they don't want to share that green place.....greedy ass mfkas:hhh: People trying to survive in that dystopian world and they keeping all that to theyself...it was cool to share everything at the end of fury road movie when they bodied immortan joe, but now they casually bodying 4 dudes so they will never mention the place name.

Also look at Chris Hemsworth....Hollywood talks all this "inner beauty is what counts" and they made him look like an actual Troll....atleast give an ugly guy a chance for a role:mjlol:

It was enjoyable though.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Havent finished it yet, but have really enjoyed what ive watched so far. Was initially put off by some of the bad cgi in the beginning after coming from all the practical effects fury road had, but soon forgot about it and am really enjoying it for the over the top action movie that it is now.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Just got back from seeing this. This went hard. Movie wastes no time getting right into the main conflict. Takes a little time for Anya to show up as her child counterpart got a decent amount of screen time. When Furiosa grows up she aint about the BS. Chick was out for revenge and was putting dudes down. Anya definitely did her thing. I saw a few movies with her, and I'll be checking out more of her stuff.

Dementus was a trip came on screen like he was Jesus. Man was all over the place later on, he didn't know if he wanted to have good strategy or fuc up. You can tell Hemsworth had fun with the role.

Movie didn't feel like 2 1/2 hours to me, went by fast. I enjoyed it. I liked it better than Kingdom of Apes.

I have to watch Fury Road again.

One thing about prequels is you already know how its going to end.

Way better the planet of the mid

I have to rewatch fury road I haven’t seen it 9 years

I forgot all about the movie I remember being fire when it seen it theaters

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
This movie was great. If you loved Fury Road, just watch this! It's great. The acting is great. The characters are over the top and amazingly portrayed. Hemsworth brought it and played a great over the top character. As goofy as it may sound, he's a mix of a pro wrestler, rock star and a cult leader! I don't really know how to nail it down. This dude would fit perfectly in Robocop, Mortal Kombat, a comic book movie, etc...

The choice of staying with Furiosa in stages of her life was cool. It answers the questions "how did she survive in this hell, how did she keep from getting assaulted, how did she get her rank," etc. I like how she avoided....that situation.

I don't want to do a spoiler section but I'm guessing since this movie isn't making money then no one is going to see it. So soft spoiler if you care.

The driver before Furiosa. I had to do a double take on him. I was like, "are they dubbing his voice?" And he just goes full Australian accent just like Gibson. He was damned good. He felt like a mentor when he realized this was someone...pure, or as pure as the wasteland could produce. Resourceful, ruthless, tactical, etc.

People complaining about the CGI, you really got to get over yourselves. It's 2024 it ain't going away.

The action was top notch. The driving, the shooting, the battles, gore, all of it is worth seeing.

Like I said, if you like Fury Road, watch this movie, it's great.

Preach

To be honest I didn’t notice the bad cgi

The flash on one hand that shyt was wack !!

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Finally got around to seeing this.... :wow:

what the fuq.... this shyt was beautiful. I didn't think it could be better than Fury Road but they fukking did it. The thing about Fury Road is it was really just Wacky Races but incredibly well done. Here we got to really live in Furiosa's decisions and her trials. The world was more fleshed out and we got to see more companions on both sides interact with the main characters.

The energy of the movie is just insane. What I loved the most about the action was the cold and brutal efficiency of the kills. Like it's not about survival chances or threat levels, I just need to get you out the paint and this is what I need to do now. Everything didn't need to be explained, it's mad max world... just live in it.

Lastly, the boy Hemsworth went stupid. He def channeled Heath Ledger Joker here. The final face off with him and old girl was pins and needles. Like this is really what vengeance gets you, on both sides of the coin. Just two people out in the desert bearing the weight of their own choices. The bug eyed chick had her moments but she aint coming close to Charlize... they understood that though and gave her limited screen time. Idk it's like... she's best when she doesnt talk like in the Witch. & how you let a little girl out act you for 45 minutes..smh.

As well, I really feel it's the best expression of Mad Max. The older movies just couldn't express action in this way. Shame the movie isn't doing well but I mean it's never been as hot as the first film. Miller got everything he needed to get out on this one, so if this is the end of the line it's a perfect send off. I gotta rewatch Fury Road tomorrow to compare but this tops it for me just a little rn. Movie of the year so far.

Facts

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Finally saw this and I understand now why this shyt flopped.

Biggest complaints:

Took way too long for Furiosa to enter the movie. Almost an hour of this chick as a child and during that time you get strange scenes and horrible cgi. Some of the worst effects of a major movie I've ever seen. That entire first hour could've been trimmed down by 30 minutes.

There are a few cool action scenes but nothing on the level of FR. Dementus was decent but dude also just seemed out of place. Also thought the ending was anti climactic.

Very underwhelming. 5/10

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Finally saw this and I understand now why this shyt flopped.

Biggest complaints:

Took way too long for Furiosa to enter the movie. Almost an hour of this chick as a child and during that time you get strange scenes and horrible cgi. Some of the worst effects of a major movie I've ever seen. That entire first hour could've been trimmed down by 30 minutes.

There are a few cool action scenes but nothing on the level of FR. Dementus was decent but dude also just seemed out of place. Also thought the ending was anti climactic.

Very underwhelming. 5/10
Yea this was pretty bad IMO. This didn't make any sense at all. The bad CGI took me out immediately. Took way too long for her to become an adult and get the story going. Even the guy who first drove the War Rig looked fake and fraudulent. He was too clean and underwear model looking to even be in this movie. Dementus character was another one that didnt really make sense. I mean I get he was ultimately trying to take over The Citadel but the way he went about it was just stupid and the ending was so ehhh. Made him into a tree.....really. This was a 4/10 for me and that's only b/c I did like some of the action scenes but after a while your eye sees how bad the CGI is and it just takes you out.

Last edited: