Mad Max Furiosa prequel- Anya Taylor Joy and Chris Hemsworth

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Glad I saw this at the theater. This woulda looked terrible on the monitor.

I'm usually not one of them "CGI was terrible" - but damn if it wasn't noticeable.

Spoilers

Chess Girl - She's not in it for liek 45 minutes. Instead it's her as a girl. And like was said above, zero sympathy for her. Had she just listened to her folks, none of this would have happened.

Thor without the Hammer - He was a villain in that ensemble movie, playing a Charles Manson type dude. He's okay in it. Just hamming it up.

I'm not into Mad Max lore at all - but all of them were fine, disgusting, gross out, special needs, disabled, perverted...It's like I can see the type of dude in my mind that likes this stuff. He's even a little off among Comic Book Nerds.

You go see this movie for the stunts and crazy machines.
The credits had them throw in some footage from the last movie - and that was a big mistake imo. Shows how lacking the CIG was.

But

Oil Rig Run was like whoa... Worth the ticket price, imo.

Everything else was just kinda okay.

Using the Double Toasted Scoring system
  • some ol bs
  • rental
  • matinee
  • full price
  • better than sex
Matinee

This is a fukk up.

Meets Farrah Abrams slash hot poker rating system.
This is the same shyt.
Hasbro had to learn the hardway on. By cuck'n out Duke. Then making a whole movie about fukk up falcon. When we want a movie.
about flint and lady Jaye.

Yet you give us a flint repaint. Who ain't a second in command.
Yet is related to duke

who is not on shyt as leader. When the best lead. Is already proven on screen in flint.

fukk this movie.

we been through this shyt before.

That whomever is behind.
approving these films. Is the same level of idiocy.
that ruined previous booms.

fukk this movie.
Plus this shyt racist as all fukk.

As why are we watching what's her face. Have a max character movie and majn focus. When it makes more sense. For this to be a black woman. Who was Tina turner's character and the encounter with a max like character.

This shyt so racist and bullshyt.

fukk this movie.
All you had to do to save mad max.

Was make this the origin story of the Tina Turner character.

Instead.
We stuck on a rig. With this petulant child.
turned war wife stockholm syndrome style adult.

fukk this movie.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Fury Road is up there. Definitely Mount Rushmore of post 90s actions films.
Wouldn't be mad if someone had it top 4 all time. For me it's maybe just outside my top 5.

I watch it all the time tho. My daughter loves that movie. She's 10.

I hope you giving your daughter.
some better female hero.
to watch to offset

this petulant child turned pos adult.

Like maybe storm fights nanny.
To grt reduced to a child with gambit and saves rhe day in xcutioner song better.

Some Ariel from thundarr
Willey kit
Cheetara
Lady Jaye
Cover girl
Scarlett
Claudia from robotech
Newt
Ripley
The female raider in connan
Red Sonya
The female in white in mad max

Please show her some females.
who about some shyt.
not this what's her face chick.

Like please even it out.

As this style.
of female pos character is the fukk'n pitts.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Saw the first trailer ahead of Dune 2 in the theater and it didn't look any better than it looked on youtube. The green screen and CGI stuff is super jarring compared to the first film. Obviously there was cgi in Fury Road but the amount of practical effects, real vehicles, real stunts etc really elevated that film. It felt like something we haven't seen in a LONG time. Whereas Furiosa looks like the typical modern cgi-fest. Maybe I'm wrong. Doubting George Miller is usually a bad idea. But boy am I concerned.

fukk this movie.

fukk dune and all their bytchmade nerd fans.

Trying to bully people.
into liking that parkour desert bullshyt film too.

Art Barr

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Yeah looking at the comments I'm gonna skip this one. Hollywood is on some bullshyt, fukking up dope ass movie franchises over and over.

They fukked up Alien, Predator, Terminator, Mad Max, Matrix, they will fukk up Gladiator with the new upcoming movie cause Ridley Scott sucks nowadays. And so on and so on.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah looking at the comments I'm gonna skip this one. Hollywood is on some bullshyt, fukking up dope ass movie franchises over and over.

They fukked up Alien, Predator, Terminator, Mad Max, Matrix, they will fukk up Gladiator with the new upcoming movie cause Ridley Scott sucks nowadays. And so on and so on.
Alien and mad max are controlled by there creators though
:why:

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
liked it for the most part but i can see why it flopped. i dont watch dat gambit but apparently the show runners thought anna's star power could lead this to the promise land. hemsworth was good but at the end of the day, you made a mad max film about mad maxine. and 9 years after the last installment. you cant go a decade in between films that arent enormous franchises and expect similar results, especially when the characters arent familiar. even avatar & top gun kept the central characters consistent.

this will age alot better than the majority of big budget flops, but it still flopped and it only has its writers and casting to blame.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Mad Max movie but starring a woman instead of Max. Flops

Hollywood not yet picking up on the pattern, but the audience for these types of films are still majority male.
I see people blaming this flop on a lot of very specific things—at the end of the day the only reason this flopped is a marketing failure. This isn’t a “let’s do an all female ghostbusters movie!” Or a “let’s do an all female oceans movie!” Miller has wanted to make Furiosa for decades and she was arguably the main character in Fury Road. This wasn’t a marketing studio led gimmick to make a female mad max.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I see people blaming this flop on a lot of very specific things—at the end of the day the only reason this flopped is a marketing failure. This isn’t a “let’s do an all female ghostbusters movie!” Or a “let’s do an all female oceans movie!” Miller has wanted to make Furiosa for decades and she was arguably the main character in Fury Road. This wasn’t a marketing studio led gimmick to make a female mad max.
Result is that same. this is franchise that should be centered around Max. its in the name.
Like doing a John Wick movie with John as the side character or not even in the movie.
or a jame bond movie without 007

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Result is that same. this is franchise that should be centered around Max. its in the name.
Like doing a John Wick movie with John as the side character or not even in the movie.
or a jame bond movie without 007
Tbf, the title of the movie is Furiosa with the (a mad max saga) or whatever, not Mad Max: Furiosa. I don’t think people give a shyt about Mad Max as a character so I do not think the movies have to be centered around him. The world building Miller has done with the mad max universe is so good; why limit the story to Max? The trailers and marketing for this film was abysmal, I also do agree the length of time between Fury road and Furiosa didn’t help the situation

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Tbf, the title of the movie is Furiosa with the (a mad max saga) or whatever, not Mad Max: Furiosa. I don’t think people give a shyt about Mad Max as a character so I do not think the movies have to be centered around him. The world building Miller has done with the mad max universe is so good; why limit the story to Max? The trailers and marketing for this film was abysmal, I also do agree the length of time between Fury road and Furiosa didn’t help the situation
I think if they did care more about Max, these movies would sell more. Thats what the studio needs to work on. building up Max popularity. because without it the franchise as a whole isn't as popular
Know for a fact if Mel Gibson hadn't done his racist rants they'd be focusing on him in these movies

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I think if they did care more about Max, these movies would sell more. Thats what the studio needs to work on. building up Max popularity. because without it the franchise as a whole isn't as popular
Know for a fact if Mel Gibson hadn't done his racist rants they'd be focusing on him in these movies
I think you’re probably correct, I’m just not sure if Miller really had interest in proceeding with Mad Max as a character further than what he has, considering Tom Hardy would’ve easily filled Gibson’s shoes.