Looking Back At It...106&Park Had Some fukkery...LMAO

Daps
Hits = Tom Green Show

Rap City = Yo MTV raps

106 = TRL (and the concept of retiring videos that kept getting love)

Lets not forget...BET had a habit of jacking the same show concepts from MTV.

I remember the debate about how 106 was getting more ratings over TRL only because 106 was at 6 pm and more people were at home by that time unlike TRL which would air earlier in the day.

You know eventually 106 just overtook TRL because it was inevitable . I would say TRLs heyday was 98 - Whenever Carson Left. If I had to compare peaks though it has to be TRL. Logistically it was amazing in the sense of it was happening live in the middle of Times Square. Kids seemed genuinely excited to be there but the icing on the cake was when they would pan outside and see all the fans on the street. Then they would go across the street to Virgin to sign autographs. The bigger the artist the more fans on the street. The energy was palpable. Em, Britney, *NSYNC, Backstreet, Jigga, Juvey etc

MTV not only made being an artist seem cool but the fan experience was top notch. It was my goal to be inside for a taping of TRL but no dice

How about this...Remember how busy MTV used to get for New Years Eve?? I promise you they would start recording at like 7 and go to like 1! You didn’t really realize how crazy they used to get with it until years later where they would only do like an hour special to the point where I don’t even think they do shot at all for New Years anymore

Times Change

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
You know eventually 106 just overtook TRL because it was inevitable . I would say TRLs heyday was 98 - Whenever Carson Left. If I had to compare peaks though it has to be TRL. Logistically it was amazing in the sense of it was happening live in the middle of Times Square. Kids seemed genuinely excited to be there but the icing on the cake was when they would pan outside and see all the fans on the street. Then they would go across the street to Virgin to sign autographs. The bigger the artist the more fans on the street. The energy was palpable. Em, Britney, *NSYNC, Backstreet, Jigga, Juvey etc

MTV not only made being an artist seem cool but the fan experience was top notch. It was my goal to be inside for a taping of TRL but no dice

How about this...Remember how busy MTV used to get for New Years Eve?? I promise you they would start recording at like 7 and go to like 1! You didn’t really realize how crazy they used to get with it until years later where they would only do like an hour special to the point where I don’t even think they do shot at all for New Years anymore

Times Change

Sonny Creems

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These were the days brehs after school it was 106&Park, Rap City, Toonami, TRL and at night you had Making Da Band and Real World/Road Rules Challenge bringing the fukkery

Who remembers College Hill? Last episode I watched some girl and a gay dude were fighting on a boat :deadmanny:
Yooooooo I remember one season there was a girl named Peaches and a cornball named Jon that used to go at it on the regular. Peaches was the first person I ever heard utter the phrase "Keep my naaaaame out ya mouth" all while Jon kept saying "Peaches, Peaches, Peaches, Peaches":pachaha:
Or shyt, remember when it was US vs Virgin Islands? The most annoying bytch on there got into it with one of the VI chicks (who I was hoping would give her that work) but that snooty bytch got the best of her with a stiletto AND VI shorty got kicked out the house:mjcry:.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yeah,your story is facts...

I saw him do that with some of the "Bruhs" and get embarrassed in public on The Plot..

He rarely comes around like that now.

Oooooh!!!! Please tell me what happened!!:russ:

Yea I NEVER see him at the plots no more.... I ain’t know something happened! I may have to ask one of my 2 former roommates. One is an Alpha the other a Q, but I never really heard them say nothing..... tho my Q roommate is kinda like “fukk Terrence J” but never went into details

:mjlol:

Martha

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
The time B2K broke up and that got one of them dudes to call up there and he spilled the beans about Chris Stokes.

I think O went solo and all hell broke loose LMAO
It could be the same one, but i remember them being there. i think it was raz b, he was like "chris stoke raped us" shyt got quiet and aj and free are looking like :merchant:.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
not fukkery but dope battle and the judges expression was great (swizz, jim jones, styles p , jadakiss)

cant find the video now but Bizzy was just randomly in the crowd one time and they asked him if he wanted to be on the show he said no he just there to watch or something like that:russ:

Edit:

found it in my files:

Bizzy Bone- 106 & Park [Jan. 2005]

fury da gawd!

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
In 03 or 04 they dedicated an entire episode to Ja Rule where he was being interview by Farrakkan.

The hosts after AJ & Free (Forgot their names) one episode the male host kept passive aggressively insulting the female host.

EDIT^^^ I found video of the second one

Worst part about it was, he kept saying the email address wrong every time he said it.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
When Hammer came on there after 9/11 to premier one of the corniest rap songs of all time. They played it that day and never again :mjlol:
"U-S-A! U-S-AYYYEEYAAA!":deadmanny:

And Rosci's whole steez was fraudulent. Who remembers the pre-106 video of her on some reality show sounding like Kourtney Kardashian instead of that fake NY accent she used on the show?

Last edited:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It could be the same one, but i remember them being there. i think it was raz b, he was like "chris stoke raped us" shyt got quiet and aj and free are looking like :merchant:.
I think I found a small clip of this the other day from that lady who does her own documentaries on people in entertainment I will see if I can find it lol.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I posted that on Youtube in 2011 and they took the first part down around 2016 and the 2nd part a few weeks ago:snoop:

Yeah I got all his 106 appearances and it was always his running joke to bring something that Free "left" at his crib.

I got nearly every valid guest episode from its premiere (I got the debut episode from the Apollo which was basically a concert) up until 2005-ish.

That's my video of Lil Wayne & Birdman kissing. They actually did the same thing on 106. I taped every TV appearance they had and it's on one of em. I randomly stumbled on the Rap City one and didn't notice it til a comment said it.

Here's a clip of a audience member dissing Avant's New Joint

Cam'ron showing off his Pradas and talking about leaving Rocafella

It's harder to post 106 videos on Youtube becauze they send cophright notices, often years later.

Dailymotion or vimeo are alternatives