Looking Back At It...106&Park Had Some fukkery...LMAO

stave

Superstar
Daps

man I remember when artists used to actually perform their songs live on TV. 106 was really good for this with black artists. This was how we knew who had real talent.

Damn shame this doesn't happen now. Revolt is the closest thing we have to what BET was but I don't see live performances on there. I like the channel though.

Unrelated but Keisha Chante was bad. 106 kept having some decent female hosts

1) Free
2) Julissa
3) Keisha
4) Rocsi

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
man I remember when artists used to actually perform their songs live on TV. 106 was really good for this with black artists. This was how we knew who had real talent.

Damn shame this doesn't happen now. Revolt is the closest thing we have to what BET was but I don't see live performances on there. I like the channel though.

Unrelated but Keisha Chante was bad. 106 kept having some decent female hosts

1) Free
2) Julissa
3) Keisha
4) Rocsi
Viacom buying Bet really slowly changed the network for the worse smh.

Last edited:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember this interview like it was yesterday didn't fully understand the dynamics of the roc but I knew Jay and Cam could not stand each other could feel the heat coming off that couch lol.

where are y'all getting this from:gucci:

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always notice how none of the '106 Hits' of this era get any love these days.. I'm talking about NONE.. All these throwback stations and shyt popped up the last few years and they all got the same generic ass 'songs cacs are familiar with' playlists.. fukk you mean to tell me there ain't no space for IMX first time in 2019? Nappy Roots Po Folks probably ain't got played on a station besides MTVJams in yeeeears... Them honkeys tryna rewrite history, up to nikkas to preserve they culture if they intend to let the next generation experience the greatness we did..

Was about to post something similar to this, I find it odd as hell that Viacom put the clamps on these shows.

Daps
I could be wrong, but Terrence was going in on Rocsi around the time it came out that she broke up Lisa Raye's marriage and there were other rumors flying around about her. Rocsi and Terrence would always throw little friendly shots, but that day, it went way left.

What was really funny about her walk off was Terrence was still throwing shots after she walked off that day. He was acting like it was his show. I think she took a few days off. When she came back, he apologized and chalked it up to him feeling himself too much.

Lmao Terrance was like bytch you out here breaking homes but cant take a joke?

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
Terrence J kinda a fukk boy.

I went to A&T with him. I wasnt really "cool" with him like that but we have mutual friends.... good friends at that and of course seen each other around the way. BET blew his head up.

I remember the last time I saw him, was during our homecoming...

After the club, a lot of peeps met up at this Waffle House that everyone use to kick it at. I'm in there with again some of the "mutual" friends. Then he walks in with his crew (some other Aggies and friends of our mutual friends). Everyone showing love dapping each other up and he was trynna big time cats and was acting boosie like he was too good for the Waffle House. Like I saw cats that used to be his boys try to walk up to him on some "man whats up my G" and he had a "fukk you, get away from me" vibe.

Which cats was like "oh word"

Martha
Yeah,your story is facts...

I saw him do that with some of the "Bruhs" and get embarrassed in public on The Plot..

He rarely comes around like that now.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hits

Rap city

BET had some nice programming back then

Hits = Tom Green Show

Rap City = Yo MTV raps

106 = TRL (and the concept of retiring videos that kept getting love)

Lets not forget...BET had a habit of jacking the same show concepts from MTV.

I remember the debate about how 106 was getting more ratings over TRL only because 106 was at 6 pm and more people were at home by that time unlike TRL which would air earlier in the day.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
AJ and Terrance J always been cornballs to me. Used to watch strictly for Free and Rocsi.

I remember EI by Nelly got #1 so many times they had to retire that shyt. Bow Wow had a few like that too.
You didn't fukk with tigga and julissa?