Looking Back At It...106&Park Had Some fukkery...LMAO

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I don't remember the reason they gave as to why they had to leave, I just noticed that the complexions of all the hosts on BET seemed to get lighter after that. :usure:

AJ and Free eventually gave way to Terrence and Rocsi :usure:

Jacqui Reed on BET News was replaced by that lightskinned chick with the English accent :usure:

They got Cita's World, the Caribbean music slot on the weekends, that fine chick that did the top 5 themed video countdowns, and that dude who came on before Rap City the fukk outta there :usure:

Yeah I'm reaching, but that stuck out to me a lot.
Thats not why they didnt have host to replace AJ and free initially. For like a year Tigga and Julisa filled in then they had that big American Idol like contest to pick the replacement host. Sharon Carpenter came way later and she has been on so many networks has nothing to do with her light skin lol.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I always notice how none of the '106 Hits' of this era get any love these days.. I'm talking about NONE.. All these throwback stations and shyt popped up the last few years and they all got the same generic ass 'songs cacs are familiar with' playlists.. fukk you mean to tell me there ain't no space for IMX first time in 2019? Nappy Roots Po Folks probably ain't got played on a station besides MTVJams in yeeeears... Them honkeys tryna rewrite history, up to nikkas to preserve they culture if they intend to let the next generation experience the greatness we did..

Its been like that.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I don't remember the reason they gave as to why they had to leave

There were several reasons given for them leaving:

- Free and one of the higher ups had a disagreement (it was speculated that it was over Free's verse on the remix to the Ying Yang Twins "Whisper Song"). They appeared on the show and talked about the remix, so I don't know. Apparently, AJ sides with Free and he got the axe too

- BET wanted younger hosts

- I also remember a rumor about Cam getting them fired (I think it was Cam, but the rumor became a punchline)

SlimOG

Pro
Daps
I remember that. Before then ppl would NEVER keep it a buck about the new joint but whoever that was opened the floodgates. I remember some knockoff 50 Cent Wanksta looking video premiered and the dude they asked about it after was like "I wasn't feelin it. This dude tryna be 50. There's only one 50:ufdup:" :pachaha:
That was way early red cafe when he was signed to trackmasters lol i saw that episode.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That was way early red cafe when he was signed to trackmasters lol i saw that episode.
Lol I dont remember this but I remember when he was in that group I think it was called Tha Franchise or something like that.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
What Red Cafe song was this, cuz the first time I heard him was this

and I always thought this song was dope

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Only Red Cafe I stay listening to are Funeral Service Music and Tonight, and those aren’t even his songs :pachaha:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Minus them always playing the same video was a good show. I loved freestyle Friday member when lala was the dj

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Minus them always playing the same video was a good show. I loved freestyle Friday member when lala was the dj
I do remember her djing but I remember her mostly doing it on another show on bet just cant remember the name of it.

Eza

King Shiit
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Lol I dont remember this but I remember when he was in that group I think it was called Tha Franchise or something like that.

LOL you just fukked me up, I never knew that was a group, I used to fukk with that song 'Duck Down' tough...

Had a freestyle over iz that yo chick I used to fukk with hard back in the day too..

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LOL you just fukked me up, I never knew that was a group, I used to fukk with that song 'Duck Down' tough...

Had a freestyle over iz that yo chick I used to fukk with hard back in the day too..
I use to like this song on the first violator album thats how I remember it lol.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
ja rule murder reigns premiere and the audience member they asked was like
giphy.gif
:dead: Classic