Little Mermaid tanks in both China and South Korea amid a racist backlash over the casting of #HalleBailey in the role of Ariel

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Again you are counting yourself out before even giving yourself a chance, when a solid black IP pops out then maybe you can talk but as right now everything has just been a copy of western shyt in black face. If that’s your steeze cool but that’s honestly low hanging fruit
I'm not counting myself out, I know a "black" IP would take huge effort to be successful here in America. I also know that chinks would be less likely to watch it in China, Korea, or whatever. We already have the evidence from all these pre-existing franchises.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Man I don’t give a fukk it is LAZY, it’s like when a bytch gives you some “here nikka damn” p*ssy

If that’s your steeze cool but some of us actually have standards, I know you love low hanging fruit. keep the rest of us out your trash taste buds
:deadrose: The accuracy tho!

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
No surprise from Ching Chong China. All of those filthy chinks can choke on bat juice. In other news, the world hates blacks. Details at 11.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I don’t think people are prepared to discuss post-European anti black racism that’s about to take place under Asians and Latin Americans.
They really aint....
:mjpls:
I've been calling out anti-black white adjacent "model minorities" for a hot minute. They gonna continue the legacy of white supremacy. Not end it like Black People would.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Daps
What do you mean? They are 100% right

“The controversy surrounding Disney’s forced inclusion of minorities in classic films is not about racism, but its lazy and irresponsible storytelling strategy,”

This is lazy, race swapping original characters just to have some kind of forced inclusion is lazy writing.

Give us original characters with original stories

In what way is casting a black actress as Ariel “irresponsible”?

It’s not as if her skin color or ethnicity is integral to the story…

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Again you are counting yourself out before even giving yourself a chance, when a solid black IP pops out then maybe you can talk but as right now everything has just been a copy of western shyt in black face. If that’s your steeze cool but that’s honestly low hanging fruit

You sound like an idiot

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
What do you mean? They are 100% right

“The controversy surrounding Disney’s forced inclusion of minorities in classic films is not about racism, but its lazy and irresponsible storytelling strategy,”

This is lazy, race swapping original characters just to have some kind of forced inclusion is lazy writing.

Give us original characters with original stories

Stupid fakkit. You just want black people go be on some servant shyt. Not seen not heard shyt.

Out here losing your mind over a fictional story.

Nasty stuff

Fill Collins

I didn't mean to verge!
Daps
I'm supposed to be mad a bunch of foreigners who don't even like their own people didn't watch the Little thumb-in-the-ass Mermaid? :mindblown:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
In what way is casting a black actress as Ariel “irresponsible”?

It’s not as if her skin color or ethnicity is integral to the story…

Stupid fakkit. You just want black people go be on some servant shyt. Not seen not heard shyt.

Out here losing your mind over a fictional story.

Nasty stuff

@GrindtooFilthy

Is right, it is laziness. Aren't mermaids of white origin anyway?

Black Panther was an original. That's what we need, more original. Sometimes it works, Idris Elba was the perfect James Bond. Other times, it's sloppy and obviously catering