Little Mermaid tanks in both China and South Korea amid a racist backlash over the casting of #HalleBailey in the role of Ariel

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
And yet nobody wants to talk about it. They'd rather focus entirely on white supremacy, as if we aren't watching an even more anti-black group constantly gain more and more power. In this country and abroad.
I don’t think people are prepared to discuss post-European anti black racism that’s about to take place under Asians and Latin Americans.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
And yet nobody wants to talk about it. They'd rather focus entirely on white supremacy, as if we aren't watching an even more anti-black group constantly gain more and more power. In this country and abroad.
Latinos and Asians anti blackness goes unnoticed by the media

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
China and Korea are the worst. Anytime I hear about some racist shyt going on it’s always one of them.

In my defense, I already have both.
Could’ve sold the unopened ones
JoyousFlickeringIcterinewarbler-size_restricted.gif

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Chinese state media has also egged on such reactions.

In an editorial published a day before the film’s debut in China, state-run tabloid Global Times said it had “caused a debate about representation in entertainment and highlighted the challenges of adapting beloved, traditional tales.”

The publication also suggested Disney’s decision to cast Bailey was part of a wider effort to include minorities in studio productions, and be seen as “politically correct.”

“The controversy surrounding Disney’s forced inclusion of minorities in classic films is not about racism, but its lazy and irresponsible storytelling strategy,” it said, echoing views expressed on social media in China, Japan and South Korea.

To hell with everybody who holds these views. I don't know how so many non-white people can be so fukking brainwashed.