Little Mermaid tanks in both China and South Korea amid a racist backlash over the casting of #HalleBailey in the role of Ariel

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Stupid fakkit. You just want black people go be on some servant shyt. Not seen not heard shyt.

Out here losing your mind over a fictional story.

Nasty stuff
Wanting black people to be self sufficient means I want them to be under servitude? My nikka you are definitely a product of George Bushes no child left behind policy, you have to be, you’ve definitely shown your incapable of articulate thought

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
In what way is casting a black actress as Ariel “irresponsible”?

It’s not as if her skin color or ethnicity is integral to the story…
I want a story about mami wata not a white mermaid some how switched into black face
@GrindtooFilthy

Is right, it is laziness. Aren't mermaids of white origin anyway?

Black Panther was an original. That's what we need, more original. Sometimes it works, Idris Elba was the perfect James Bond. Other times, it's sloppy and obviously catering

You feel me, we have enough stories across the diaspora to have our own original stories. nikkas think our creativity some how ends only in music and that there is none in literature or visual artistry

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@GrindtooFilthy

Black Panther was an original. That's what we need, more original. Sometimes it works, Idris Elba was the perfect James Bond. Other times, it's sloppy and obviously catering

What do you mean by white origon?

Daps
@GrindtooFilthy

black panther was made by a white guy. We need an icon movie.

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
I don't know why everyone on the internet has to be intellectually dishonest. People weren't mad at him for saying it won't hit a billie, people were mad at him for being a loser crying "woe is me" about his shyt not getting a sequel and saying that this undoubtedly would. If you can't see the racist undertones of what he was saying then you're a bozo

Well, they both ain't getting no sequel. :russ:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What do you mean? They are 100% right

“The controversy surrounding Disney’s forced inclusion of minorities in classic films is not about racism, but its lazy and irresponsible storytelling strategy,”

This is lazy, race swapping original characters just to have some kind of forced inclusion is lazy writing.

Give us original characters with original stories
Both things can happen, especially in an industry where production and distribution is still overwhelmingly controlled by non-Black people. If Black actors want to push to open up casting for these roles, I'm not going to get mad at them. I'm definitely not going to start parroting those disingenuous ass tropes about lazy writing or "forced" inclusion. And it's not like those original character/stories are going to do well over there either, because that's not what this is about. And before you mention Black Panther like it's some kind of gotcha. It's not an original character and its creator is white. It's also a Marvel property that was released over there during the MCU boom period.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Daps

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
This is taught in every film school’s business class.

Movies with black leads aren’t marketed the same in Asian markets and you are almost guaranteed to make less over there.

Our values are not their values. They only know the stereotypes we export.