• They're both fakkits

Votes: 24 6.6%

• Total voters

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So albums aren't selling as well. There's more factors to that than just young people not buying everything. Concerts are still doing big business so people are supporting. These current rappers aren't broke as fukk or anything so someone must be paying them.

Ya but record labels are reporting record low profits.

This mainstream rappers won't be much without their media outlets. They won't be famous without the label.

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I still think y'all gen crave a tru plat mc.

U just ain't got it yet. I don't think drake is a real mc or rnb artist. Doctors his voice too much and ppl repeatdly say he sucks live.

Hope a better artist comes out for yall o. Cuz most youngins cool.

Well tbh I started bumpin hip hop durin the mid 90's so I got my artists

But ya I see what u mean...but lets not downplay Drake like he isnt a true MC
The nikka can spit..and I dnt mean on some "he's alright sht" I mean that nikka can seriously write music very very well.
Sure he sings sometimes but dont let that cloud the fact that this generation fukks with Drake on some rhyming sht.

Trust me when I say..when the vets(Jay Em etc.) die out, Drake will be the top dawg MC for this generation

Nikkaz like Asap and Kdot are on the comeup...we need to see if their run aint just a mere "artist of the season run".

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The nikka can spit..and I dnt mean on some "he's alright sht" I mean that nikka can seriously write music very very well.
Sure he sings sometimes but dont let that cloud the fact that this generation fukks with Drake on some rhyming sht.

Trust me when I say..Drake is the top dawg MC for this generation

Nikkaz like Asap and Kdot are on the comeup...we need to see if their run aint just a mere "artist of the season run".

He don't have the experience of a real mc. Can't cypher or battle. Got sh1ted on by em on forever. Em wasn't even close to his best then. I don't think he's a good rapper. He's just popular. He is not an mc. Not to me anyway. Maybe to this new gen who is impressed by success more than skill.

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
He don't have the experience of a real mc. Can't cypher or battle. Got sh1ted on by em on forever. Em wasn't even close to his best then. I don't think he's a good rapper. He's just popular. He is not an mc. Not to me anyway. Maybe to this new gen who is impressed by success more than skill.

See I can always expect this backhanded insult from fans such as urself.
Lets be real here...u cant possibly be reliable in this discussion because ur too out of touch of today's hip hop and the certain MC criteria to succeed in this generation.

Drake's voice is:scusthov: to me but people seem to fukk with it so I can discredit him for it
Drake's flow is very fine tuned and his writing is always sprinkled with seamless cleverness...and his verses always produces quotables for this generation

Now onto the subject of subject matter..some may argue he isnt really deep and what not but hey u got ur preferences but the people feel Drake's introspective rhymes on women, the price of fame, and etc.

Drake's ear for beats is also really good and his albums are always put together nicely, his mixtapes also

Now I dnt think I have to even speak on features
Everytime dat nikka hop on something his mic presence and bars blows everyone's out the water

So lets not try and downplay drake and this generation with this :flabbynsick: notion that he's only at this pinnacle in his career because "the people only care about success".
Trust me..Drake is a real MC who respects his forefathers..lets not try and sht on the young bol and clap for em :obama:

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
Drake was on funk flex with a touch phone scrolling through the lyrics he wrote with his phones keyboard.
and got lost in the text while on the mic. :usure:

then after, said he was freestyling.

:heh:

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps

Trust me when I say..when the vets(Jay Em etc.) die out, Drake will be the top dawg MC for this generation

I'm not looking to downplay Drake as a rapper but if you look at his 5 top 10 charting singles, 2 don't involve any rap at all, (Find Your Love, Take Care) 2 were bolstered by the strength of their features (Make Me Proud, Forever) and the other was his breakout song, (Best I Ever Had).

His rapping isn't the source of his mainstream appeal, his pop sensibilities are what helped him crossover and he's likely to stick to his guns.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Ya but record labels are reporting record low profits.

This mainstream rappers won't be much without their media outlets. They won't be famous without the label.
The label system is just archaic in the digital age. Instead of trying to adjust to what music is becoming all they've done is bring in these 360 deals and persecute everyone but themselves for failings.

There's a blueprint for independent success and it's been shown in a few artist. Of course being on a major will always result in bigger exposure but either way if you're a quality act like Kendrick most of the time you can make money these days. Guys like Chief Keef or whoever will flop because people are starting to see through what these labels have been doing for decades.

You can't just get a deal these days and go plat but if one has quality they can make a long career for themselves.

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See I can always expect this backhanded insult from fans such as urself.
Lets be real here...u cant possibly be reliable in this discussion because ur too out of touch of today's hip hop and the certain MC criteria to succeed in this generation.

Drake's voice is:scusthov: to me but people seem to fukk with it so I can discredit him for it
Drake's flow is very fine tuned and his writing is always sprinkled with seamless cleverness...and his verses always produces quotables for this generation

Now onto the subject of subject matter..some may argue he isnt really deep and what not but hey u got ur preferences but the people feel Drake's introspective rhymes on women, the price of fame, and etc.

Drake's ear for beats is also really good and his albums are always put together nicely, his mixtapes also

Now I dnt think I have to even speak on features
Everytime dat nikka hop on something his mic presence and bars blows everyone's out the water

So lets not try and downplay drake and this generation with this :flabbynsick: notion that he's only at this pinnacle in his career because "the people only care about success".
Trust me..Drake is a real MC who respects his forefathers..lets not try and sht on the young bol and clap for em :obama:

We can disagree. I am not saying he is not popular or not an idol to u young ppl. I just don't think he got mc chops. His success ain't even that special. I don't think he is doing as well as labeled had hoped.

ItzDaKiing

Freedom
Daps
Kendrick is the better rapper.
Drake is the better songwriter/artist

Akademiks

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Easily Drake.

5 years from now. Take care will still be seen as a classic. No one will remember GKMC

Take Care > GKMC > >>>> Thank me Later

Drake run this year in music post album >>> Kendrick run .. while Kendrick was in album cycle

stop this wack debate. stans just drawing lines in the sand and arguing.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Drake already has the power to break artists in. Look wat Drake was able to do with the weeknd. Kendrick hasn't reached that level yet.

If you were a underground artist, who would you rather have on a track? Drake or Kendrick?

If you were a upcoming A&R or CEO, who would u rather sign? Kendrick or Drake?

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
After GKMC i'd have to say Kendrick.

I think Drake needs a real executive producer for his albums. Before i'd have said Drake is the better artist but he's not and I think this is because K.Dot has Dre in his ear. GKMC has great songs and great music and it's better than any Drake album.

Furthermore, the songs are about different things but have a linear thread. A lot of Drake's songs are about the same thing. Over 2 albums Drake has rapped about the same thing. He wants to be with a chick, it's not going to work out, they're both young and learning so maybe it can work out, oh and he loves strippers so it won't.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Drake already has the power to break artists in. Look wat Drake was able to do with the weeknd. Kendrick hasn't reached that level yet.

If you were a underground artist, who would you rather have on a track? Drake or Kendrick?

If you were a upcoming A&R or CEO, who would u rather sign? Kendrick or Drake?
Sorry breh, what does this have to do with being the better artist?

Giving Drake credit for breaking the Weeknd is like giving Dame/Jay credit for breaking Kanye. It was a blessing but their success was built off they're own back.