• They're both fakkits

Votes: 24 6.6%

• Total voters

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Son, I know who I am as a person. I don't need to listen to music about religion, or god (shyt I don't believe in) or some other ethnocentric bullshyt that gets beaten to death (and i'm a minority myself) to validate the type of music I listen to.

Yall keep pushing this revolutionary wannabe rebel type dudes as if they're better than artists that make good music for good music's sake.

I watch the news. I read books. I have degrees. I'm informed. Ain't shyt Kendrick is telling me about the real world. Thats the problem with these "conscious" dudes who think their high-school level grasp of how the world works is going to persuade me into accepting their music.

You think Kendrick was spitting shyt on Hiiipower? WORD? You felt moved by that? Cause he dropped malcolm and martin in the track?

Music is entertainment to me first and foremost. If its not doing that FIRST, then fukk a message.

If Kendrick is impressing you so much, you're probably losing in real life seeing as there is so much you really don't understand.

If you first learned about the Palestinian conflict from Lupe fiasco, you've got a LONG road ahead of you.
Who are some of your favourite rappers or albums?
You're pretty much shytting on 90% of legends in this post weather you realize it or not.
I've played songs like money trees, poetic justic, maad city, bytch don't kill my vibe around mates including chicks that probably only listen to the radio and they loved most of those songs. Than again I don't hang around corny fakkits like you :childplease:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Drake gonna be the "Jay-Z" of this generation. K. Dot gonna be the "Nas", i thought J. Cole was gonna fill that role but, Kendrick does it a shytload better.

People keep saying eventually Drake gonna tire himself out but, it's been 4 years and this nikka is still as hot as he was in 2009. You may not like the nikka but, bytches do. And so do your boys, eventhough they front like they dont around you :mjpls: He gonna be around for a while :manny:

and K.Dot.....im so impressed with dude. I stereotyped dude as a rappin ass rappin nikka on Section 80 (i heard HiiiPower & another joint & aint pay him no mind anymore) but, with GKMC he surprised me :dwillhuh: to have that much lyrical talent but, still be able to make shyt to cruise to on a hot summer day :dwillhuh: He understands what alot of these rappin ass nikkas will never grasp :salute:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
You dudes need to stop, Drake isn't fukking with this

Only made this thread cause these two are going to be the main ones for the next few years watch. Kendrick is for hipsters? :heh: whose Drake for? They represent the main two directions hip-hop is gonna go in.

Last edited by a moderator:

STUFF

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what I don't understand.

Why do dudes say this stuff?

I mean damn you either like him or you dont. Why you gotta qualify it?

You think it makes you stand out by throwing in a shot too?

The dude makes music for YOU to consume. Kendrick could be a bytch in real life but ya'll should just judge the music for what it is.

Because people criticize him for being soft and pretty, what I'm saying is neither of those things matter he still has the game on lock down.

You trying to stand out by dissecting everyone's posts?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

If we're measuring creativity by subject matter, this is the same shyt

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
this @Napoleon dude is talking so much shyt. I can understand how somebody could think Drake is better but the way you're justifying it is disingenuous.

kendrick's voice may be an acquired taste but Drake couldn't in his wildest dreams come up with a song as conceptually interesting as Cartoons and Cereal or Sing About Me. To say that Drake's better with concepts is beyond laughable.

I don't have to be a Christian to appreciate Michelangelo's frescos in the Sistine Chapel, so why would somebody have to be a Christian to appreciate the artistry that goes into crafting a richly textured story that holds water and draws you into the narrative?

I roll my eyes at the thought of people naive enough to feel as if their intelligence is being insulted by "conscious rappers" (such a bullshyt way of demarcating art) when all they're really hearing is a singular perspective. If you're so smart and secure in yourself with your degrees and shyt then separate the sentiment from the dogma and appreciate that for what it is.

And no shade to Drake but the fact that he chooses to sing often doesn't change the fact that he's a distinctly sub-par singer. That it confines him to the use of simple melodies means his hooks are catchy but it's not something I would consider a strength.

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this @Napoleon dude is talking so much shyt. I can understand how somebody could think Drake is better but the way you're justifying it is disingenuous.

kendrick's voice may be an acquired taste but Drake couldn't in his wildest dreams come up with a song as conceptually interesting as Cartoons and Cereal or Sing About Me. To say that Drake's better with concepts is beyond laughable.

I don't have to be a Christian to appreciate Michelangelo's frescos in the Sistine Chapel, so why would somebody have to be a Christian to appreciate the artistry that goes into crafting a richly textured story that holds water and draws you into the narrative?

I roll my eyes at the thought of people naive enough to feel as if their intelligence is being insulted by "conscious rappers" (such a bullshyt way of demarcating art) when all they're really hearing is a singular perspective. If you're so smart and secure in yourself with your degrees and shyt then separate the sentiment from the dogma and appreciate that for what it is.

And no shade to Drake but the fact that he chooses to sing often doesn't change the fact that he's a distinctly sub-par singer. That it confines him to the use of simple melodies means his hooks are catchy but it's not something I would consider a strength.

post of the thread :whew:

i'm a big fan of drake as well, i just prefer kendrick overall. i'm sure when the next drake solo drops, i'ma check for it and likely enjoy it. :manny:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Kendrick is a better rapper and songmaker. Drake being able to sing probably gives him the nod at artist
you must use the word "sing" very loosely

i really just can't get intpo Drake for whatever reason. i been had So Far Gone and didn't understand the hype. same with Ross, i don't see the appeal at all