• Kendrick Lamar

Votes: 238 65.0%
  • They're both fakkits

Votes: 24 6.6%

• Total voters

Binary

Banned
Daps
Kendrick, but I'll listen to Drake as well. I prefer Kenny's subject matter.

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Like I said b4..do not and I repeat do not count on the coli to side with Drake in a poll like this because like I said in other thread...Drake hate is akin to Jay hate

The-coli are underdog stans and hate those at the top and use skewed reasoning to to justify their hate

:yeshrug:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Kendrick Lamar has done something on his FIRST try that Drake has yet to do on two tries, and that's drop a bonfide classic album. So Kendrick Lamar has my vote

:what: You can't be serious. The is no such thing as a bona fide classic in music.

All classics are personal classics.

It depends on whether you prefer pop music or traditional hip hop... They are both great at what they do..

Drake doesn't make traditional hiphop :wtf:

this @Napoleon dude is talking so much shyt. I can understand how somebody could think Drake is better but the way you're justifying it is disingenuous.

kendrick's voice may be an acquired taste but Drake couldn't in his wildest dreams come up with a song as conceptually interesting as Cartoons and Cereal or Sing About Me. To say that Drake's better with concepts is beyond laughable.

I don't have to be a Christian to appreciate Michelangelo's frescos in the Sistine Chapel, so why would somebody have to be a Christian to appreciate the artistry that goes into crafting a richly textured story that holds water and draws you into the narrative?

I roll my eyes at the thought of people naive enough to feel as if their intelligence is being insulted by "conscious rappers" (such a bullshyt way of demarcating art) when all they're really hearing is a singular perspective. If you're so smart and secure in yourself with your degrees and shyt then separate the sentiment from the dogma and appreciate that for what it is.

And no shade to Drake but the fact that he chooses to sing often doesn't change the fact that he's a distinctly sub-par singer. That it confines him to the use of simple melodies means his hooks are catchy but it's not something I would consider a strength.

:laff:
you must use the word "sing" very loosely

i really just can't get intpo Drake for whatever reason. i been had So Far Gone and didn't understand the hype. same with Ross, i don't see the appeal at all

:stopitslime: you have Wutang AVI, no one takes your opinion on hiphop seriously
Y'all want to explain how Drake is a "more complete" artist?

:dwillhuh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunshi

Reboot Coming…
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
kendrick is good but his music is not for me..

overall drake is a better.....they not even in the same lane

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps
Kendrick already has two classics

Drake is boring, a fakkit and simp that makes music for :wrist:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Kendrick is the better purer rapper as far as spitting and lyrics. But Drake is the more well rounded of the two, with the hooks, the singing and the commercial appeal.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't really wanna hear a album from either one of these nikkas but Drake is clearly the better rapper,can't really dispute the nikka got quotable lines and verses.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kendrick as a rapper eclipses Drake in every capacity.

Men Lie, Women Lie, Numbers don't.

K. Dot >>>> Drizzy Drake

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:what: You can't be serious. The is no such thing as a bona fide classic in music.

All classics are personal classics.

Drake doesn't make traditional hiphop :wtf:

:laff:

:stopitslime: you have Wutang AVI, no one takes your opinion on hiphop seriously

:dwillhuh:

Oh, okay you have nothing to say. Thought as much. Drake is more "diverse" than Kendrick in that he can sing and makes club songs but he's not really anymore complete as an ARTIST. Kendrick has covered a lot of ground artistically since OD.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Oh, okay you have nothing to say. Thought as much. Drake is more "diverse" than Kendrick in that he can sing and makes club songs but he's not really anymore complete as an ARTIST. Kendrick has covered a lot of ground artistically since OD.

Man, I hate his y'all act like K.Dot is some great lyricist. K.dot ain't no fukking Jay z or Nas

Drake is a better rap, makes better songs, better hooks and has better production.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
I like Kendrick more but the answer is Drake. I would never cop a Drake album and have no problem admitting he is the better artist.
Though its funny watching some of you lying on here. All the classic talk on here is lame btw. Good music is good music.

B-Wonders

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel 'Take Care' is a mad underrated album. Drizzy perfected his signature sound/vibe with this album. The replay value of the album is crazy as I still throw this on from time to time. The second half of the album is :wow:....The Real Her, Look What You've Done, and The Ride :ohlawd:

The only weak track on the album is the one with Nicki and even that one ain't that bad. Most of y'all will disagree, but with 'Take Care', Drizzy dropped one of the more enjoyable albums in a long time.

Hate aside, y'all have to admit that Drizzy is the most versatile artist in the game today; he can make introspective tracks, he can make tracks for women, and there's no doubt he can make club tracks. There is a reason why he is on so many features, and he never sounds out of place. For this reason, I believe Drizzy is ahead of Kendrick, and Kendrick is cool in my books.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
:smugfavre:

Going into 2013 who do you think is gonna take the crown

if i read this before i voted, i wouldve just exited the thread.

the day that either one of these rappers takes a crown will be the day that somebody pisses on hip-hop's already dead corpse.

a better description would be "whos the king of the industry plants". now in regards to that crown, i voted for drake.