kanye has literally carried hip hop and rap music on his back for the past 10 years

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Low key, i've never seen a rapper in my life who's fans go to Orwellian lengths to tell people that this rapper has accomplished a lot.

Like seriously, even Jay-Z fans don't attempt to conjure up pretentious ass novels explaining how Shawn Knowles has positioned himself as the rap Prometheus and has used his intricate rhymes of a drug dealers past blended perfectly with arrogant tales of exploits known only to a select few in the hip hop aristocracy....All while being completely cognizant of a wealthy black mans plight to straddle and relate the culture that bred him,yet live a life that's light years away from the vivid stories told by one of American musics most renown orators.

You are trying to discredit him with these platitudes....

Like it or not. Kanye caused a seismic shift in hiphop...whether that's good or bad is all relative...

That hardcore hypermasculine gangster image is being used today to justify the unlawful killing of black youth

As for Childish Gambino :deseanha: best album of 2013

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of truth being spoken in this thread :whew:

Without Kanye we would never have Dipset,blueprint, commons best album, his first to undeniable classics :blessed:

Then he single handedly killed that movement and the overthuggificagion of the 2000's that almost killed hip hop as an art form :blessed:

Kanye is the generations Y's GOAT ain't no doubt about it :blessed:

People seem to forget Kanye broke this dude too.....

f6ed17c470f7fd2b07982776528b93a7.jpg

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster

The funny thing is that when i agree with a friend on something and i reply with that Dr.Trevis "Basically" voice... it always goes unnoticed because
nobody knows what the fukk i'm doing that voice for.

Sometimes i'll catch myself saying it in my head at random.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
The funny thing is that when i agree with a friend on something and i reply with that Dr.Trevis "Basically" voice... it always goes unnoticed because
nobody knows what the fukk i'm doing that voice for.

Sometimes i'll catch myself saying it in my head at random.

me too! :myman:

there's a lot of songs i do that with, random quotes and all, lol

b@squ1@t

I AM THE GOLDEN GOD
Daps
i LITERALLY just carpeted and then dominated the toilet

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wayne is more influential than Kanye. Just look around the game...all the most prominent artist from Kendrick to Drake to Thug has credited Wayne as their main influence. Auto - tune rap is now a thing in rap. That says a lot to me