kanye has literally carried hip hop and rap music on his back for the past 10 years

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Wayne is more influential than Kanye. Just look around the game...all the most prominent artist from Kendrick to Drake to Thug has credited Wayne as their main influence. Auto - tune rap is now a thing in rap. That says a lot to me
Yes where would hip hop in 2014 be without p*ssy metaphors and the use of the word nikka in every line. :skip:

Let's not forget him dikk riding random teams and players.

Or the whole skate board thing.

Yeah this guy has definitely done more good for hip hop than Kanye.

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
He top five all time and one of the best artist of any genre and he still got plenty more classics left in him

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
actually the big boss man & MMG have indeed been carrying mainstream hip-hop for a good 4 years now.
bill still hasn't went plat though, drake and kanye has a better claim to running hip hop then he has.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
bill still hasn't went plat though, drake and kanye has a better claim to running hip hop then he has.

since when did sales equate to running hip-hop?

the lines are too blurred now. and yall wonder why rap fell off.

yall got me in here going to bat for a dude that i dont even like.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
since when did sales equate to running hip-hop?

the lines are too blurred now. and yall wonder why rap fell off.

yall got me in here going to bat for a dude that i dont even like.
what criteria are you basing this on?

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Lesbianas, the only thing that happened was a separation between the genre into a mainstream "Pop Hop" mass production line type brand and regular Rap music and it's more traditional sub-genres. The pop shyt is much more exposed and has a stronger backing which has the game where it's at today. It's like the Rap game as it was is under siege like Gaza waiting to die.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Wayne is more influential than Kanye. Just look around the game...all the most prominent artist from Kendrick to Drake to Thug has credited Wayne as their main influence. Auto - tune rap is now a thing in rap. That says a lot to me

:comeon: show me the receipts nikka. I wanna see where they said that at. Cause in this article right here Drake says Ye is the biggest influence on his sound (which is obvious if you listen to his music): http://www.mtv.com/news/1612262/drake-says-kanye-west-is-the-most-influential-person-on-his-sound/

So :camby: with that bullshyt nikka.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
what criteria are you basing this on?

:what:

Lesbianas, the only thing that happened was a separation between the genre into a mainstream "Pop Hop" mass production line type brand and regular Rap music and it's more traditional sub-genres. The pop shyt is much more exposed and has a stronger backing which has the game where it's at today. It's like the Rap game as it was is under siege like Gaza waiting to die.

lol @ lesbianas.:laugh: i didnt even catch it at first.

and this is correct. the funny thing is that kanye is at the forefront of the pop charge. but let the OP tell it..........:whistle:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Everything Kanye has done for the culture has been done before by others in regards to fashion, pop etc. But he did help to update it and bring it to a new generation of young fans.

Midrash

All Star
Daps
If you don't think this track is frosty then you never were truly a fan of rap and hip hop. This is some RZA-esque dopeness! Kanye West graced ya'll ungrateful nikkas with pure excellence.:pacspit:

This dude spent over 3 million dollars to create a gourmet hip hop classic and ya'll trashy nikkas are in the expensive ass restaurant complaining about how there's no McDoubles or dollar Ice Teas. :aicmon:

Step your game up! Especially for some of you older cats who should be setting an example. Instead you want to act dusty and basic AF like a two dolla gutter hoe ordering chicken fingers and cherry coke at an upscale NYC restaurant. Black excellence and luxury rap is about excellence and high class while Kanye West is one of the only few rappers left who brings it still.
:camby:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
even rakim, the greatest emcee of all time, gave kanye his props and mentioned how "jesus walks" is one of his favorite kanye songs :wow:

interviewer: What separates Kanye from both Jay and Nas is that he's making his own beats.

rakim: "Right. I love Kanye for that. Being a producer, making beats, and being a rapper. He does it all. Now, sometimes somebody can give you a credible track. But when you're searching for records or samples, only you know in your mind, in your intuition or your first instincts, what you need. When you hear that record, there's no denying it—"Oh my God, I've got to sample this." And he has that situation where he's lucky enough to love rhyming but can make his own beats, and that's like the perfect match. When he plays a record, his mind is on it right away.

So, being able to do that and the way he does it, Kanye is not afraid to reach. If you listen to his work, he did a lot of different type of music. He is not scared to just go where the track takes him. Like, "Jesus Walks" is one of my favorite Kanye songs. To this day, that song comes on, and I want to turn it all the way up. I don't want nobody to talk to me. I just want to enjoy that track, you know what I mean?

A lot of tracks he does, he's not afraid to go out the box where a lot of rappers might say, "Oh, I'mma do my 16 bars." Kanye just does whatever the track tells him to do—and that comes from being a rapper and being a producer at the same time."

interveiwer: Kanye thinks his music means something, and that intensity that he brings gets him into trouble.

rakim: "At the end of the day, you've really got to appreciate an artist that's really outspoken and feels like his music can change the world. Don't even go to the studio if you don't think that your music's going to do something. You're wasting your time and my time.

You feel that in the award shows stuff where Kanye has these episodes, right? It's because he's passionate. If a lot of us don't take it that serious, then it's not going to be serious no more. People say, "That was his opinion, but he was so passionate about it," like that's bad. You've got to say, "Well, really?" We need that. We need the media to know that some of us are really passionate about music."

link to full article

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/04/rakim-we-need-a-few-more-kanyes/256243/