kanye has literally carried hip hop and rap music on his back for the past 10 years

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he's a great producer, but you guys tend to take it a little too far on this forum.:whoa:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
he's a great producer, but you guys tend to take it a little too far on this forum.:whoa:

bruh, he's given all of these albums that range from classic to great :whew:.... there's really no exaggeration here :yeshrug:

2013KanyeWestAlbums_Blog_240613.jpg

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
*gets up*
*walks over to microphone*
*clears throat*

No.

*sits back down*

Mr.Plan B

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanys the truth bunch of tuff guys act like you can't bump knaye then a Lil bit chill trap music . God you ppl suck wish I had the skill to work with kanye since I can go from chance the rapper to kanye to game to some 90s mobb deep then back to so hall & oats. (If that how you say there name.

Matter fact how can you fukk bois pick over music then say you know what good music is.

nikka and don't you fukking say you from the hood and you don't understand there music stfu I am also matter fact I did not care for any other music other the hip hop till 11 grade. Sad fact is you nikka don't know shyt. Stick to being smart dumb nikkaz

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol, theres no denying what he's done but chill with the over the top dikkriding

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye has done a lot in terms of bringing balance to Hip Hop. There was a point before College Dropout that you wouldn't hear a song like "All Falls Down" or "Jesus Walks" getting as much play as a club record or a street record. He's also done a lot in terms of pushing the music forward with albums like Late Registration.

Beyond that point, I think Kanye's done a lot of trend-hopping himself. After Late Registration, Kanye was jumping on a few bandwagons himself. With Graduation, it was the stadium sound which that particular sound was basically his version of T.I.'s "What You Know About That". He even got DJ Toomp to produce records for that album. Even more prevalent is him jumping on the "featuring T-Pain" and "featuring Lil' Wayne" trend that dominated 2006-2009. Then in 2008, he started using auto-tune after it was already trendy with T-Pain blowing up and even more trendy when Wayne started using it.

IMO, it just seems like it became the norm or the cool thing to label anything he does as "classic", "ground breaking" or "envelope pushing". I see it as the same thing that Wayne did when calling himself the "best rapper alive". Kanye attached such titles to himself ("ground breaking", "high end art", "envelope pushing) to the point of saying that a critic wasn't credible unless they praised his music as such. As much as people say, "Well, the media hates Kanye", he still gets glowing reviews from them. Music writers have propelled Kanye into a realm that they haven't done for any other rapper. He's heralded as the most important artists in music and some have gone as far as to place his albums over all time greats of any genre.

With that said, I feel like My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was Kanye bucking trends and him really doing him. I don't think it was a Top 10 album, all time of any genre that it was made out to be, but it's a great album nonetheless. Even Watch The Throne had it's moments. I still don't think much of Cruel Summer or Yeezus.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
OP you cool, but damn this thread is terrible...

Kanye's first 2 albums were cool, but you stanning his corny recent shyt

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
OP you cool, but damn this thread is terrible...

Kanye's first 2 albums were cool, but you stanning his corny recent shyt

i respect your opinion and you cool as well but you really ain't like none of his albums after college dropout and late registration?

graduation was great and 808's and heartbreaks was an experimental album that was nice. then he came right back with my beautiful dark twisted fantasy :ohlawd:

now i get why most didn't like the yeezus album because that album went so far left field that i don't think many were prepare for it. however i've liked it since i first heard a few months back. i think it was kanye once again showin' how he evolves with his music and finds new ways of expressin' and reinventin' himself through new sounds etc

JermaineTR

O.G.
Daps
Reppin
Istanbul
Never been a fan of kanye, he always been soft to me and hiphop doesnt need soft nikkas. nikka talking about some outerspace shyt in his lyrics. nikka u aint no philosopher, u from fukking chicago. Smh

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is the best rap album of the decade.

Kanye is an all around artist who likes to experiment with different genres of music and make it into something that is technically hip-hop.

Ye is an artist and at that, he's one of the most creative artists in the mainstream, period.

That and the fact that Ye can afford much better production and is also one of the greatest hip-hop producers of all time.

Plus the fact that Ye is one of the few people in music who understands the power of collaboration when it comes to making a project.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Look at all the hate Ye gets. Same nikkas that ride Drizzy like he's the greatest thing since Jay.