kanye has literally carried hip hop and rap music on his back for the past 10 years

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
so....what you're saying is Mike Dean, Jeff Basker etc. and Lupe, Rhymefest etc. have literally carried hip hop in the last 10 years?

no :stopitslime:

those guys are very talented and gifted individuals, however it is kanye's artistic expression, vision and creativity that makes his music and albums in particular what they are. kanye knows who to get for what he needs done for a particular thing or 2 that he can't do himself. that's called bein' smart if one ain't capable of doin' it themselves. but that doesn't change the fact that it's still his vision, it just means he had someone assist him with what he wanted to do. but kanye's still the ringleader and "bandleader" of the show. sure, in recent years he's been more and more about collaboratin' with a team of producers however it's still kanye callin' the shots and sayin' what's what and what's not

mike dean and jeff basker are primarily producers so i'll refrain from askin' where they college dropout, late registration albums etc. but where is rhymefest's and lupe's college dropout, late registration, graduation, 808's albums etc? i ain't sayin' those guys ain't talented because they are, but where are there classic and groundbreakin' albums to prove that they have carried hip hop the last 10 years? :comeon:

just because kanye collaborates with other songwriters and producers sometimes doesn't take away from his brilliance and talent. let's not act like the brother can't produce on his own and write on his own now :camby:

Last edited:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
So I have kanye to thank for the worst era in Hip Hop history? I'd personally also give credit to camel and wanye for helping to usher in this era, but yeah I guess you could say kanye has been one of the foremost perpetrators when it comes to the emasculation and degradation of the rap game. :ehh:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
If you look at where hip hop was in 2004, and where it's at in 2014....He's responsible for a large amount of awful shyt

- fakkitry in the name of fashion
- pseudo-intellectualism
- fake-revolutionary only when it comes to trying to start a promo run for an album
- the agenda to castrate the black male in every way possible
- Childish Gambino

He makes great music, but don't get beside yourself with delusional shyt like this.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
So I have kanye to thank for the worst era in Hip Hop history? I'd personally also give credit to camel and wanye for helping to usher in this era, but yeah I guess you could say kanye has been one of the foremost perpetrators when it comes to the emasculation and degradation of the rap game. :ehh:

naw man, hip hop and rap as a movement became a hot pile of shyt in the late 90's. it had fallen off before kanye became popular and a well known artist. but since he's been in the game for the last 10 years, he's been the best artist in hip hop and rap music

his catalog of albums, guest features and songs produced by him prove that. bruh is talented :wow:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
If you look at where hip hop was in 2004, and where it's at in 2014....He's responsible for a large amount of awful shyt

- pseudo-intellectualism
- fake-revolutionary only when it comes to trying to start a promo run for an album
- Childish Gambino

He makes great music, but don't get beside yourself with delusional shyt like this.

Personally I think he's trash aside from some shyt off CD and LR. I think he's benefitted hugely from his image to where people just get this idea he's some musical savant or some genius. He's just a Hollywood wreck that everyone can't keep their eyes off of. What's the shyt kanstans say whenever something bad happens to this nikka? "Oh this is gonna be some classic material yall.:ohlawd:" as if bytchin about trivial shyt over weirdo beats that only a bunch of drunk, coked up cacs in Prague could dance to is some high form of Hip Hop artistry. The bar has gone so low its no point even being mad about it. :ld:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps

- pseudo-intellectualism
- Childish Gambino

-hip hop always been bout fashion. russell simmons, phat farm, maybe? :comeon:
-kanye always been on to speak his mind and approach topics with some sense, even when he rants
-his passionate about what he believes in and he's stern in his beliefs
- naw, he's just doin' him and bein' himself. not every brother is a "super thug".
- oh come on now :mjlol:

Krispy

#FreeBigLurch
Daps
Reppin
UK
Hip Hop had to evolve and Kanye was a main factor in the evolution. Some may find that a negative as they did grow up in the 90s but for me Kanye and Hip Hop is getting stronger and he's one of the best. My Dark Twisted Fantasy was one the GOAT albums

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Low key, i've never seen a rapper in my life who's fans go to Orwellian lengths to tell people that this rapper has accomplished a lot.

Like seriously, even Jay-Z fans don't attempt to conjure up pretentious ass novels explaining how Shawn Knowles has positioned himself as the rap Prometheus and has used his intricate rhymes of a drug dealers past blended perfectly with arrogant tales of exploits known only to a select few in the hip hop aristocracy....All while being completely cognizant of a wealthy black mans plight to straddle and relate the culture that bred him,yet live a life that's light years away from the vivid stories told by one of American musics most renown orators.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Low key, i've never seen a rapper in my life who's fans go to Orwellian lengths to tell people that this rapper has accomplished a lot.

Like seriously, even Jay-Z fans don't attempt to conjure up pretentious ass novels explaining how Shawn Knowles has positioned himself as the rap Prometheus and has used his intricate rhymes of a drug dealers past blended perfectly with arrogant tales of exploits known only to a select few in the hip hop aristocracy....All while being completely cognizant of a wealthy black mans plight to straddle and relate the culture that bred him,yet live a life that's light years away from the vivid stories told by one of American musics most renown orators.

Well kanye gave life to the hipster cockroaches of this generation that are gentrifying and bringing their wackness to cities across America so I guess its only right to see such a level of pretentiousness and delusion. He pretty much represents everything wrong with our generation at the moment.