kanye has literally carried hip hop and rap music on his back for the past 10 years

eerieBell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da Magnolia
Kanye has pretty stellar discography regardless of what you think of him, even tho I think he's ten times better producer than he's rapper but yeah...he is one of those nikkas who can make mediocre line sound good when he says it...he's not much of a technical rapper but he can flow when he wants to, just listen to Drive Slow, Last Call or Dark Fantasy...I mean that's the cat who produced Lucifer, Be

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I think it goes like this
1. Kanye the smart, "hipster" hiphop movement, dope auto-tune raps, always challenging rappers and musicians overall to do their best, come with something fresh, keep it real hiphop and on.

2. Lil Wayne the ignorant yet funny/witty, auto-tune raps, being a junkie, the tattoos, the not giving a fukk, the gayness etc.

3. Jeezy/Ross/Gucci/T.I. that trap, 808s, strip clubs, make it rain and all that.

4. Jay/Puff, balling on another level, not so much musical influence lately.
The new generation
1. Drake and Kendricks influence has not yet spread imo, Drakes has somewhat spread but it's more an extension of Kanye; i.e. all these suburb kids that are nice with it like Chance, Logic, Weeknd etc. While these b-level rappers like Meek look up to the way he pulls broads, makes money and radio hits but not necessarily his albums.
Kendrick has not really influenced anyone except challenging nikkas to be better and smarter rappers, both him and J. Cole.

2. ASAP Rocky, among the normal middle class major city young dudes all over the world his influence is strong, fashion wise and what people value as "cool".
Is really setting trends with this whole hipster thing, being different and urban at the same time, being an ill rapper but still playing around with fukkboy shyt like those Skrillex or Rihanna joints.

3. Sad but true, he might just be an extension of Weezy but that fukking retard Chief Keef has been really influential out there.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
from his solo albums to the singles, songs, and albums he's produced and or been involved in for other artists of the last 10 years as well :whew:

i've spoke on it before... him bein' the best hip hop artist since 04' and all, here

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/kanye-west-been-the-best-artist-in-all-of-hip-hop-since-04.204430/

but ye' has literally kept it hip hop to the fullest by not conformin' and givin' in and bein' placed inside of a box, he don't follow trends, he sets them. that's what hip hop and rap it ain't been a more intriguin', interestin', and inspirin' artist in all of hip hop since ye been on the scene. his level of creativity and vision in music is miles, valleys and peaks ahead of everyone else

i'm also convinced kanye ain't got not a one weak or horrible album in his catalog. in fact, his catalog is one of the greatest. i know a lot of people didn't care for too much for the yeezus album, however i think that'll be one of those albums that'll take some time to appreciate because it was so far left of everythin' else at the time. but i hear the brilliance in it.

kanye is just in another realm and or space than all these other rappers, he keeps people guessin' what his next move will be musically :wow:
Op with that goat posting :blessed:

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
A lot of truth being spoken in this thread :whew:

Without Kanye we would never have Dipset,blueprint, commons best album, his first to undeniable classics :blessed:

Then he single handedly killed that movement and the overthuggificagion of the 2000's that almost killed hip hop as an art form :blessed:

Kanye is the generations Y's GOAT ain't no doubt about it :blessed:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He definitely is one of the best of the 21st century.
College Dropout, Graduation, Late Registration, 808s and Heartbreak, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and Yeezus are all good albums, some of the best in the last decade. And you all seem to be forgetting his production, which has been superb since the beginning of his career. He brings something new to the table with each album, the same could not be said of any other rapper out right now. I wouldn't say he's carried all of hip-hop throughout his career, but he has carried a portion, and there really isn't an artist who could take his place.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kanye is a dope producer, them soul samples is beautiful, but why yall (mostly because he convinced yall to do so) have lifted him to such an iconic status is beyond me, but okay. dude don't even write his own raps, come on. kanye didn't open up a completely new lane image wise tho, his image is what made him an icon, imo, he made it okay to be a bird ass nikka

Last edited:

LOOPY

All Star
Daps
lol at Kanye "broadening' hip hops subject matter. What the fukk are these new nikkas rapping about that is so endearing? Girl problems, getting drunk, and getting high :aicmon:

Bullshyt. Kanye aint done shyt for this culture but make is more susceptible to hipsters and soft people. Shoot, lyrical, personal and political content were done better back in the hood days anyways.

Nas, Mos Def ,DMX , 2pac,Kweli,Tribe >>>>