I've decided I'm not signing the birth certificate. What now? (I gave up...)

Daps
I cant believe you actually feel guilty for not signing a birth certificate for a cheating heaux. You better hope that kid isnt yours she is about to make your life hell. The fact she threatened abortion and wants you to sign blindly tells me she suspects its not yours anyway.

Unemployed GM

All Star
Daps
I'm here for laughs about it at this point but I also have questions. Is there any way I can be forced to list myself in the future? Am I wrong for feeling guilty? Should I still try to be in the child's life?

The scenario is fukked up, obviously. Timeline wise, I'm somewhat sure the kid is mine but I can't gamble with this. I also wanted the kid and thought she did, too. This woman threatened to get an abortion and once that window closed, she decided to share that she was being shared. Multiple ex boyfriends, old high school flame and her manager. Not to mention some of my so called "friends". At least one.

Not all while she was pregnant but apparently throughout our relationship which has been a little less than 2 years. We broken up now and I'm moving in a month, hopefully less.

During that discussion about moving, she asked if I would still go to appointments and be there for the birth. I said I'd do whatever I can work permitting as a duty to my potential kid. I thought that was more than nice.

She said if I show up I have to sign the birth certificate. I made it clear I won't be doing that without a DNA test. Her ultimatum was that if I don't plan to sign, I don't need to be there for anything including the birth.

Nah, fukk all that. If I'm not 100 percent sure, I'm not signing shyt. So here we are.
nikka get a DNA test. You just gonna alienate the mother which will cause you problems in the future.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
As a woman, could you still be with a man that wanted to get a DNA test even if you weren’t doing bull, but he wanted to make sure?

Yes, 1000%. I'm all for transparency. It wouldn't offend me, I have nothing to be offended about. I get why some women would feel like "oh he doesn't trust me" but he has a right to know if that's his child.

Last edited:

ForeverLurking

Posts as a Service
Daps
Reppin
The Place Where Dreams Go To Die
I'm here for laughs about it at this point but I also have questions. Is there any way I can be forced to list myself in the future? Am I wrong for feeling guilty? Should I still try to be in the child's life?

The scenario is fukked up, obviously. Timeline wise, I'm somewhat sure the kid is mine but I can't gamble with this. I also wanted the kid and thought she did, too. This woman threatened to get an abortion and once that window closed, she decided to share that she was being shared. Multiple ex boyfriends, old high school flame and her manager. Not to mention some of my so called "friends". At least one.

Not all while she was pregnant but apparently throughout our relationship which has been a little less than 2 years. We broken up now and I'm moving in a month, hopefully less.

During that discussion about moving, she asked if I would still go to appointments and be there for the birth. I said I'd do whatever I can work permitting as a duty to my potential kid. I thought that was more than nice.

She said if I show up I have to sign the birth certificate. I made it clear I won't be doing that without a DNA test. Her ultimatum was that if I don't plan to sign, I don't need to be there for anything including the birth.

Nah, fukk all that. If I'm not 100 percent sure, I'm not signing shyt. So here we are.
I'm sorry but :mjlol:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Don't sign, start shredding mail and keep all important documents (anything with your SSN) in a safe deposit box. (You may want to start renting a PO Box)

Does this woman have a job? Can she take care of the baby by herself? I suggest getting a paternity test before she has the chance to put your name on anything. Desperate women do desperate things and all she needs is your name, address and SSN.

You didn't ask me but I could especially if we aren't married. Seeing family and friends getting screwed over I would want my partner to have that reassurance. I'm a firm believer that paternity tests should be offered at the hospital for unwed parents.
Yes, 1000%. I'm all for transparency. It wouldn't offend me, I have nothing to be offended about. I get why some women would feel like "oh he doesn't trust me" but he has a right to know if that's his child.

There’s still hope in the world.

:wow: :wow:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's all bad. I was starting a new job and she argued with me until 6am so I'd be tired or have to call out. This is the third time she's done this. She just wants me to be a bum or something. It's an insane amount of toxicity.

It's control. Does she understand the implications of having the father of her child being unemployed? But then again that would be something she could hang over your head/constantly argue about. Part of me wants this child not to be yours so you can leave Scott free but based on the way she's carrying on I feel like you are fukked. Sorry friend.

Please update this thread once the princess makes her grand entrance and you find out :hug:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You should ask about getting a DNA test at birth. That means you have to attend the birth, but you don’t have to sign anything. It’s just a cheek swab. Better to learn the truth early.