Anybody's parents decide their not leaving you anything? I think my mama decided that today cause I'm not a believer

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most of the time it ain't a decision or option they die and you stuck having to bury them.

Me and my pops had a falling out a few years back. I say me and my pops because I'm the one with the issue. He's doing everything in his power to quell things but I'm on my own shyt. My brothers, my lady want me to squash it but I'm just doing me. My pops has his own business, owns his house, his cars, and 2 other houses. So he has shyt to pass on.

I told him I don't want or need anything from him. Which I don't but turning down assets is a stupid thing to do. I got brothers he can give that shyt too. They see and talk to him all the time. He's getting up there in age and I know from a mans perspective he doesn't want to die with one of his seeds upset at him. My brothers and my lady tell me all the time if he dies and I don't have my shyt resolved then I'ma be messed up.

Right now it is what it is. Life is life.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Damn OP.

I started going to church with Momz when I came home several years ago.

Every Sunday. Not cause of religion, because of her. Also, I have so much respect for the Black Church as concerns music and Civil Rights.

Black Gospel is the root and beating heart of all American music. This new shyt (post mid 2000s) has almost no real music in it, but the Black Church is the root of all Soul, Rock, Country, R and B, and Hip Hop.

And the ancestors kept the faith THROUGH SLAVERY and Jim Crow. They changed this crazy world. The Black Church made it so we have the little freedom that we have now

Like OP I am a historian and scientist. I doubt Jesus was an actual person. But I don't challenge the believers anymore. I sing and shout with them.

Is freeing to let go of your "belief" (or lack thereof) and just celebrate with those who celebrate.

I worship Black Jesus. Even though I think it might be imaginary. What's real is the generations of people who use that symbolism to maintain through this horror we call America.
That’s the political and societal power of the Black Church that many want to ignore. Even if one isn’t a Believer, you should understand and respect the power of the church.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Update: She said that wasn't the reason. Just that she wanted to enjoy her final years and I honestly understand that. She sacrificed a lot raising us plus my cousin, plus my niece and a whole bunch of shyt in between that made it stressful
Just dance around the topic or lie:yeshrug:

I believe but I deeeeeeefinitely don’t believe everything the church says. The people who run/head these faith traditions are definitely keeping some truths from us.
In the end all I can control is my belief, faith and actions. 🤷🏾‍♀️
But I don’t put any priests, pastors, bishops, etc on a pedestal because they give into temptation and do wild shyt when no one is looking. Half of them don’t even believe to be honest.
This isn't possible lol I started questioning shyt AT bible class 15 years ago and for a minute, it was a discussiom until I asked her to stop cause I always felt horrible disappointing her hopes. NOW I'm at a stage where I'm basically willing to "play the game" for the future wife and kids

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
Most of the time it ain't a decision or option they die and you stuck having to bury them.

Me and my pops had a falling out a few years back. I say me and my pops because I'm the one with the issue. He's doing everything in his power to quell things but I'm on my own shyt. My brothers, my lady want me to squash it but I'm just doing me. My pops has his own business, owns his house, his cars, and 2 other houses. So he has shyt to pass on.

I told him I don't want or need anything from him. Which I don't but turning down assets is a stupid thing to do. I got brothers he can give that shyt too. They see and talk to him all the time. He's getting up there in age and I know from a mans perspective he doesn't want to die with one of his seeds upset at him. My brothers and my lady tell me all the time if he dies and I don't have my shyt resolved then I'ma be messed up.

Right now it is what it is. Life is life.

Damn if he is extending an olive branch and wasn't a deadbeat, why don't you wanna work it out with him?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn if he is extending an olive branch and wasn't a deadbeat, why don't you wanna work it out with him?
We just bumped heads and I had to do things my way. Which admittedly is and was the hard way. But shyt was always done. I was hardheaded and I figured out ways to reach my goals and deadlines on my own without reaching out without understanding that I always had his support. So by the time he finally broke and was like "I got you, whatever you need, whenever you need it I'm here" I already felt like I didn't need him or anyone else.

I've rarely been in a position to even ask for help and if I do need anything I'll look for outside sources before I call on anyone. One day going to work like a decade ago my alternator died and I was on the side of the interstate. I could've called my lady and she could've picked me up, took me to work, took me home, took me to the car shop, anything. I just called a tow truck, waited 2 hrs on the side of the road, and rode shotgun in the tow truck to the car shop, waited 2 hrs got a new alternator and went to work late. I don't even think my lady knows that happened. I'm pretty sure I havent told her. It broke, I got it fixed, I went to work, not a big deal in my eyes.

It's a combination of listening to my pops as he raised me to be independent. I saved up a bunch of checks bought my own first car. Saved up for my own spot and moved out after graduation and even at that time he told me "you're welcome to stay at home and I'll pay for your college too". I was like "nope". Didn't want anyone doing me any favors.

So just hardheaded and stubborn. I don't have beef with him. I'm just stuck in my ways and have been for 20 some odd years. And it's too late for me to accept the graces that Ive always had or was offered because had I did then I'd be a lot further in life than I am now. But that's the life of a man sometimes. There's a lot of unpacking for us to do or at least me. He doesn't quite know my side of it. But I've told him, my brothers, my lady in just going through life, doing what I gotta do.

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
We just bumped heads and I had to do things my way. Which admittedly is and was the hard way. But shyt was always done. I was hardheaded and I figured out ways to reach my goals and deadlines on my own without reaching out without understanding that I always had his support. So by the time he finally broke and was like "I got you, whatever you need, whenever you need it I'm here" I already felt like I didn't need him or anyone else.

I've rarely been in a position to even ask for help and if I do need anything I'll look for outside sources before I call on anyone. One day going to work like a decade ago my alternator died and I was on the side of the interstate. I could've called my lady and she could've picked me up, took me to work, took me home, took me to the car shop, anything. I just called a tow truck, waited 2 hrs on the side of the road, and rode shotgun in the tow truck to the car shop, waited 2 hrs got a new alternator and went to work late. I don't even think my lady knows that happened. I'm pretty sure I havent told her. It broke, I got it fixed, I went to work, not a big deal in my eyes.

It's a combination of listening to my pops as he raised me to be independent. I saved up a bunch of checks bought my own first car. Saved up for my own spot and moved out after graduation and even at that time he told me "you're welcome to stay at home and I'll pay for your college too". I was like "nope". Didn't want anyone doing me any favors.

So just hardheaded and stubborn. I don't have beef with him. I'm just stuck in my ways and have been for 20 some odd years. And it's too late for me to accept the graces that Ive always had or was offered because had I did then I'd be a lot further in life than I am now. But that's the life of a man sometimes. There's a lot of unpacking for us to do or at least me. He doesn't quite know my side of it. But I've told him, my brothers, my lady in just going through life, doing what I gotta do.

I get where you coming from.

But it sounds like he would be proud of you. You never know anyone's situation but I wouldn't let my pride get in the way of a positive situation.

Like I said idk you and your family but I wish y'all the best. This coming from someone who barely has any family.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
My grandmother left her estate to my mom but years before she passed, she wrote a letter to her children. In her will she said one of my uncles was to get nothing. He was a lifelong fukk up and he put my grandparents through so much. She paid his child support for 18 years, constantly bailed him out of jail when she could, he stol from her, etc. He basically got his Inheritance while she was living.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get where you coming from.

But it sounds like he would be proud of you. You never know anyone's situation but I wouldn't let my pride get in the way of a positive situation.

Like I said idk you and your family but I wish y'all the best. This coming from someone who barely has any family.

It's hard out there. My lady's dad died when she was 13 (heart attack). That's one of the reasons she's so close to mine.

Pretty much all my friends parents were either separated, some remarried. I can only count on half of one hand my close friends who had both of their parents together.

My mom and pops were together until she passed. I was 21 and pretty much a ghost. Was going to school working full time and part time so I didn't really have time. For anything. Just grinding.

My brothers are both like 10 years and older than me so we have different lives. shyt both of them (1 for sure) was out of the house when I was growing up.

Life is weird. Regardless of your situation or perception of it you got to make it work. There's easy ways and hard ways. I prefer the hard way (based on my lifestyle choices). I try to make it easier for every else though. I've bailed out friends, driven across the country to help them move back home, given them a place to stay. Deep down knowing if it comes down to it I probably don't have the strength to ask them for help or assistance if I need it. Id rather figure it out on my own or fail.