I've decided I'm not signing the birth certificate. What now? (I gave up...)

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Here's how it's going

So at this point I'm with my daughter about 5 days a week (honestly more), paying for about 75% of all expenses. Got a decent job and finished moving to a better apartment in the middle of next month. Things are going a lot better!

I had a project to work on out of state so I was gone for about a week or so. When I came back the check was basically begging me to take over baby duty 24/7.

It's not exactly a walk in the park but I'm definitely doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

Now here are some fun facts.

One of the dudes that she cheated on me with died in the hospital. It was not pleasant at all. She told me about it and all I said was rip. But she keeps bringing it up and I had to finally tell her to fall back I don't really want to have a conversation about that.

She finally asked me if I'm happy that the dude is dead. I just remain completely silent.

Ever since then she's been trying her hardest to actually get back with me sexually. Like there's no end to the toxicity LOL.

She went from telling me that I'll never be around my kid and that I'm this crazy messed up person to now being mad when I'm not around and wanting to jump in bed with me. I just ignore it. I've been using the gray rock method that people use. to deal with narcissists.

I've been keeping on my personal business to myself and playing everything close to the chest. But I did file the declaration of paternity, so that takes about 60 days to kick in legally.

At first she was cool with it but lately she's been upset and even "threatened" me with 100% custody. I mean that in the sense that I would have full custody.

It's this type of erratic stuff that's going to have me going to court.

Sidebar: not sure where some of the clowns in here are thinking I'm trying to duck something lmao. I did the DNA myself six months ago. She asked me to leave ie kicked me out so I left. All the while I was gone, just sent baby stuff via Amazon.

It appears she thought her man was gonna replace me as a father but of course, that didn't happen. So now she doesn't have the income to fully care for the kids, mines or her previous ones.

So now it's a whole new set of pitfalls because she wants to mix our previous relationship with the parenting relationship since everyone else lamed out.

Overall, I'm just focused on staying focused because that seems to be working best for my kid and me.

And honestly I do too much but at least I'm aware. Like I'll go see or pick up my daughter, and her mom will ask if I can take out the trash or do some other task.

So I do it. For a fee. :yeshrug: if I feel like it.

Fun times!
Put yourself on child support for a set amount

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Here's how it's going

So at this point I'm with my daughter about 5 days a week (honestly more), paying for about 75% of all expenses. Got a decent job and finished moving to a better apartment in the middle of next month. Things are going a lot better!

I had a project to work on out of state so I was gone for about a week or so. When I came back the check was basically begging me to take over baby duty 24/7.

It's not exactly a walk in the park but I'm definitely doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

Now here are some fun facts.

One of the dudes that she cheated on me with died in the hospital. It was not pleasant at all. She told me about it and all I said was rip. But she keeps bringing it up and I had to finally tell her to fall back I don't really want to have a conversation about that.

She finally asked me if I'm happy that the dude is dead. I just remain completely silent.

Ever since then she's been trying her hardest to actually get back with me sexually. Like there's no end to the toxicity LOL.

She went from telling me that I'll never be around my kid and that I'm this crazy messed up person to now being mad when I'm not around and wanting to jump in bed with me. I just ignore it. I've been using the gray rock method that people use. to deal with narcissists.

I've been keeping on my personal business to myself and playing everything close to the chest. But I did file the declaration of paternity, so that takes about 60 days to kick in legally.

At first she was cool with it but lately she's been upset and even "threatened" me with 100% custody. I mean that in the sense that I would have full custody.

It's this type of erratic stuff that's going to have me going to court.

Sidebar: not sure where some of the clowns in here are thinking I'm trying to duck something lmao. I did the DNA myself six months ago. She asked me to leave ie kicked me out so I left. All the while I was gone, just sent baby stuff via Amazon.

It appears she thought her man was gonna replace me as a father but of course, that didn't happen. So now she doesn't have the income to fully care for the kids, mines or her previous ones.

So now it's a whole new set of pitfalls because she wants to mix our previous relationship with the parenting relationship since everyone else lamed out.

Overall, I'm just focused on staying focused because that seems to be working best for my kid and me.

And honestly I do too much but at least I'm aware. Like I'll go see or pick up my daughter, and her mom will ask if I can take out the trash or do some other task.

So I do it. For a fee. :yeshrug: if I feel like it.

Fun times!

If you get full custody....you should tell her
giphy.gif

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I got my job, housing, and other stuff set up. Made an appointment to sign and she bailed twice. She insists I take her to court to prove paternity, even after the test.

My child was sick and she refused to come meet me to get the baby's medicine. Medicine that she could not afford. She refuses all clothes and food. So I fell all the way back. Like, ok. Bet.

I worry and pray for my daughter every day. But as promised, the better I do the more difficult she decides to be.

I'm just gonna let it play out but the shyt sucks.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
I got my job, housing, and other stuff set up. Made an appointment to sign and she bailed twice. She insists I take her to court to prove paternity, even after the test.

My child was sick and she refused to come meet me to get the baby's medicine. Medicine that she could not afford. She refuses all clothes and food. So I fell all the way back. Like, ok. Bet.

I worry and pray for my daughter every day. But as promised, the better I do the more difficult she decides to be.

Seems like she hoping court zaddy will really stick they hands deep in your pocket. Just make sure you save all correspondence showing her acting irresponsibly toward the child. If you have a support system around you keep them informed and when she jumps stupid in court have your lawyer prepared to file for full custody showing your proof of negligence. Have her ass passing you support.

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Seems like she hoping court zaddy will really stick they hands deep in your pocket. Just make sure you save all correspondence showing her acting irresponsibly toward the child. If you have a support system around you keep them informed and when she jumps stupid in court have your lawyer prepared to file for full custody showing your proof of negligence. Have her ass passing you support.
Facts. I just hate the waiting game and missing bonding time with my kid. But I've been pretty focused on self compassion in the meantime. Lots of working out, reconnecting with friends and family, reading, eating right for the most part.

I hate to view it like a battle but it is. All I really want is for this part to be done before the kid realizes there was even a fight.

It still baffles me that after all this, when it comes time for me to sign then she suddenly doesn't want me to.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Get your little girl man

moorfeus

Pro
Daps
If you 100% know the child is yours and know that your ex is not going to provide the best environment for her why not file for custody? Prove paternity, file for custody and then put her on child support. If you have a child, a daughter at that, why fall back and watch her life get screwed up?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
If you 100% know the child is yours and know that your ex is not going to provide the best environment for her why not file for custody? Prove paternity, file for custody and then put her on child support. If you have a child, a daughter at that, why fall back and watch her life get screwed up?
You act like it's that easy bro. Anyone who has actually had to deal with family court will tell you that a man can show all the evidence in the world that he has a better situation and is more stable and they will still put the child with the mother. It isn't that simple.