I've decided I'm not signing the birth certificate. What now? (I gave up...)

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If your ex-lover is as crazy and chaotic as you have been ascribing here for months, what will happen if you completely leave and then leave your daughter to her mother 100%? Do you sincerely think she will be safe?
Safe, sure. But that isn't the point.

I'm the one that isn't safe here. She threatens to call the cops for things like me picking up my excess/residual mail, after she invited me over to get it.

She says she needs to run an errand for an hour. It will turn into 10-12 hours.

She hates my kid IMHO and is only using her as a weapon to fukk up my life.

And because I didn't sign, here's the thing. She let me see the baby when it works for her but if I request, then she reminds me I don't have the legal right to anything.

This lets me know that even if I did sign, she will continue to manipulate and try to leverage instead of actually co-parent.

What happen? Never stop fighting for your daughter. She needs your presence and influence in her life. Never let no one get in the way of that.

It's too many lies. People say document everything but it's too much. The emails don't match the texts don't match the phone Convo or the irl interaction.

At this point it's been more time documenting stuff than I do actually giving a shyt about my daughter. And all that get a lawyer stuff is just way too much money. I don't have enough money to go to court all the time.

And at this point it's so much yelling and screaming and bullshyt that somebody's actually about to go to jail. And I can guarantee you that it's going to be me. So I'm walking away I don't care anymore. fukk that bytch

lib123

All Star
Daps
Thread makes me happy I'm infertile.

Dumb nikkas still getting finessed by ratchets.

michael-jordan-pool.gif
Condom manufacturers should seriously hire guys like OP and have them share their stories as commercials.

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I've still been toughing it out but things have gotten a lot better!

I've reserved all commentary and feelings and just focus on my kid and like some kind of miracle, everyone else seems to have chilled out.

A caution by account, even if you are right, you don't gain much by trying to take someone else to task. Through action, I just got tired of the bs enough to just forgive. Don't read to much into that. Just forgive.

shyt ain't perfect but beef on this level don't stop til someone concedes. On God SWT, be the bigger person and don't let em see you sweat. My life is jacked up still but that's life. In contrast, now the girl want me back because she sees what I'm made of.

And before Ramadan I wanna quote Slick Rick.

Treat em like a prostitute. No offense to the stand up, solid, dope ass women out there.

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Have you signed it yet? :mjtf:
Nope. I know my rights and I don't have to sign til she's 21 in my state. In which case, if I'm in arrears, I would owe that money to my daughter and not her mom.

I doubt she'll take it to court because I bust down the whole bird, so to speak. I spend 3-4 days a week with my daughter. That's 50 percent custody. I haven't paid for all her needs but I'm about 40 percent on that, despite the skruggle and skrife.

I'm aiming for her first birthday so I have room to breathe. But I also know if I reached out, my folks would get me on the papers in case something medical or tragic happens.

See the thread title. I'm not signing until it works for me and that's my point as a man. Dudes get automatically roped in while a woman can do whatever. And in this case, she was for the streets. So I'm exercising my right to the full extent of the law while peacing it up and being (surprisingly to even myself) a really good dad and a great father.

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Did you ever get a DNA test OP?
I did. The kid is mine so I'm just getting my shyt together for whatever coming legal battles, potential or not. I still haven't signed but I spend a lot of time with her.

Not signing has given me less rights but a lot of leverage because I til I do, the ball is in my court. bytch gets outta pocket, she gotta go to court which I'm fine with.

But now she's seemed to have calmed down a bit, though she still acts like a bytch. She salty I have this leverage, too. So I'm just gonna do it at my own pace. Baby is healthy and still looks exactly like me. So even if I would be a deadbeat, which I never would, her mama still gotta stare me in the face everyday and remember how her whorish ways got her wherever she at. And she ain't down bad she certainly ain't up.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
You have verified that the child is yours through DNA and yet you still do not want to officially claim the child. Your reason being you want leverage over the mother?

Is all of what I stated above correct? If so, are you really on here stating that your need to have leverage over the woman is more important than actually having full rights to your child to make sure it is raised as well as possible and is prepared for the future? The child is yours, you know this, so why are you shirking your full responsibility to that child?

You are already too late when it comes to the mother. If she was for the streets as you said, you messed up messing with her in the first place. You messed up a second time having sex with her without protection being used by you and her. Now that the child is here, it is time for you to actually be a grown man and take care of that child.

Seeing some guys dap you up on your choice to use your child as pawn in your attempts to control its mother is very telling to me about their true mentality if they do not see anything wrong with that.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So even if I would be a deadbeat, which I never would, her mama still gotta stare me in the face everyday and remember how her whorish ways got her wherever she at.
I'm not tryin to piss in your Cheerios but remember what time it is.

Don't put it past the broad to become passive aggressive toward her own child, especially if she looks like you, just to somehow get back at you. Short temper, short tolerances, all out abuse. :snoop: there's videos of women abusive there kids on video because they hate their kids dad.just because you're good doesn't mean she always is.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Stories like this make me literally afraid to have children with the wrong woman. I feel for you, brother.
No matter how tough life has gotten for me, I thank God everyday I didn’t knock up some dusty ho. To me, that’s worse than doing prison time. I wouldn’t wish it on my worse enemy.