I've decided I'm not signing the birth certificate. What now? (I gave up...)

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You have verified that the child is yours through DNA and yet you still do not want to officially claim the child. Your reason being you want leverage over the mother?

Is all of what I stated above correct? If so, are you really on here stating that your need to have leverage over the woman is more important than actually having full rights to your child to make sure it is raised as well as possible and is prepared for the future? The child is yours, you know this, so why are you shirking your full responsibility to that child?

You are already too late when it comes to the mother. If she was for the streets as you said, you messed up messing with her in the first place. You messed up a second time having sex with her without protection being used by you and her. Now that the child is here, it is time for you to actually be a grown man and take care of that child.

Seeing some guys dap you up on your choice to use your child as pawn in your attempts to control its mother is very telling to me about their true mentality if they do not see anything wrong with that.

Breh...take care of your daughter, sign the paperwork or you are gonna destroy an innocent girl....

Get full-custody if you can!

If you don't want to deal with the mom, fine. But using your child as a bargaining chip is not ok. Sign the birth certificate and be a proper father.

Im not delaying anything and I'm here in every single way, every single day. :mjlol:

The leverage is inherent to the situation, not part of a plan. Lol. I'm gonna move into my apartment and that should be enough to be secure if and when she wants to start a custody battle. I never said I had a need for it, I simply see how it's beneficial at this time.

The whole legal process is not free or even cheap, so please miss me with how fast I need to do this. It needs to be done CORRECTLY more importantly than anything.

This person gets angry and threatens me with custody battles all the time. In order for that to happen, a court admissable DNA test must happen, then she has to file for whatever rights she wants. I'm not gonna just blindly walk into that shyt.

And again, in the meantime, I spend more than 75 percent of time with my daughter and pay for about half of her needs. Also got my insurance coming thru to cover her.

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm not tryin to piss in your Cheerios but remember what time it is.

Don't put it past the broad to become passive aggressive toward her own child, especially if she looks like you, just to somehow get back at you. Short temper, short tolerances, all out abuse. :snoop: there's videos of women abusive there kids on video because they hate their kids dad.just because you're good doesn't mean she always is.
Oh, I'm going to be on the straight and narrow and all that jazz and possibly file for full custody 50/50 is automatic as soon as I sign.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Im not delaying anything and I'm here in every single way, every single day. :mjlol:

The leverage is inherent to the situation, not part of a plan. Lol. I'm gonna move into my apartment and that should be enough to be secure if and when she wants to start a custody battle. I never said I had a need for it, I simply see how it's beneficial at this time.

The whole legal process is not free or even cheap, so please miss me with how fast I need to do this. It needs to be done CORRECTLY more importantly than anything.

This person gets angry and threatens me with custody battles all the time. In order for that to happen, a court admissable DNA test must happen, then she has to file for whatever rights she wants. I'm not gonna just blindly walk into that shyt.

And again, in the meantime, I spend more than 75 percent of time with my daughter and pay for about half of her needs. Also got my insurance coming thru to cover her.
Is she on public assistance of any sort? If so YOU have to pay that back and interest is mounting.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Not anymore. And she was on that because of her other kids. I don't think it will be a problem.
You need to double check that because as soon as you sign the birth certificate you are liable for any assistance she receives while having custody of the child. I would do it as soon as possible because interest is building.

Why would she get off of public assistance when she now has an additional mouth to feed and there is no official record of you contributing to the household? Seem unlikely and stupid to do so.

I think you're calling victory way too soon. Your baby momma drama is just getting started and if/when she does file you could be liable for back child support. Things don't magical start to matter when you sign the birth certificate. I hope you are keeping good records.

If I were you I would start the legal process NOW. You thinking you have a win at this point is folly. You have 18 more years of this. You should tighten up instead of celebrating a victory you haven't won.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
You need to double check that because as soon as you sign the birth certificate you are liable for any assistance she receives while having custody of the child. I would do it as soon as possible because interest is building.

Why would she get off of public assistance when she now has an additional mouth to feed and there is no official record of you contributing to the household? Seem unlikely and stupid to do so.

I think you're calling victory way too soon. Your baby momma drama is just getting started and if/when she does file you could be liable for back child support. Things don't magical start to matter when you sign the birth certificate. I hope you are keeping good records.

If I were you I would start the legal process NOW. You thinking you have a win at this point is folly. You have 18 more years of this. You should tighten up instead of celebrating a victory you haven't won.
I was thinking of having kids some time soon, but imma still wait.

:lupe: :lupe:

lib123

All Star
Daps
No matter how tough life has gotten for me, I thank God everyday I didn’t knock up some dusty ho. To me, that’s worse than doing prison time. I wouldn’t wish it on my worse enemy.

I don't know about it being worse than prison time. But it truly sounds like a nightmare.

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem

She makes too much bread. That's why it ended. She never got anything for my kid. But I'll look into it

Also, I'm not really looking at this as victory or even competition.

I also highly doubt I'd be in arrears and I do have receipts for everything I purchase. And how often I'm around.

Overall, I'm just saying I'm not insanely stressed because I already know how bad it can possibly be. That's the only potential victory here.

Like, unless she says something, my kid doesn't know shyt. As far as she's concerned she has two loving parents :yeshrug:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
She makes too much bread. That's why it ended. She never got anything for my kid. But I'll look into it

Also, I'm not really looking at this as victory or even competition.

I also highly doubt I'd be in arrears and I do have receipts for everything I purchase. And how often I'm around.

Overall, I'm just saying I'm not insanely stressed because I already know how bad it can possibly be. That's the only potential victory here.

Like, unless she says something, my kid doesn't know shyt. As far as she's concerned she has two loving parents :yeshrug:
Good luck breh

Daps
op just bush this thread and get a lawyer cuz a lot of posters and yourself don't know shyt about the legalities and its embarrasing :scust:at this point you're doin it for attention and less for actual advice lol

Q. I just bought the child clothes, toys, and a new computer. Can I deduct those costs from my child support payment to the other parent?​

A. No. Any purchases and gifts for a child do not offset against court-ordered child support.

#fyoreceipts

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
op just bush this thread and get a lawyer cuz a lot of posters and yourself don't know shyt about the legalities and its embarrasing :scust:at this point you're doin it for attention and less for actual advice lol

Q. I just bought the child clothes, toys, and a new computer. Can I deduct those costs from my child support payment to the other parent?​

A. No. Any purchases and gifts for a child do not offset against court-ordered child support.

#fyoreceipts

One thing I realized is y'all out here worried about legalities are the actual selfish people. None of that shyt matters unless there's a lawsuit.

No one in my situation is filing a lawsuit so "legalities" don't really matter. So I think my point has been made clear and the real lesson has been learned

You can not sign shyt, be there for the kid, get tested and so forth. All this hoopla about nikkas finding out at age ten the kid ain't theirs is trash. My point has been proven.

If I don't sign these papers, am I less of a father? No, I am not.

I thugged it out accordingly. All the truth came to light, I missed zero beats with my kid, and my CO parent now knows that I'm not to be trifled with. With is a good boundary to establish early in a 20-30 year relationship with someone you didn't marry.

We gon be alright.

Daps
One thing I realized is y'all out here worried about legalities are the actual selfish people. None of that shyt matters unless there's a lawsuit.

No one in my situation is filing a lawsuit so "legalities" don't really matter. So I think my point has been made clear and the real lesson has been learned

You can not sign shyt, be there for the kid, get tested and so forth. All this hoopla about nikkas finding out at age ten the kid ain't theirs is trash. My point has been proven.

If I don't sign these papers, am I less of a father? No, I am not.

I thugged it out accordingly. All the truth came to light, I missed zero beats with my kid, and my CO parent now knows that I'm not to be trifled with. With is a good boundary to establish early in a 20-30 year relationship with someone you didn't marry.

We gon be alright.

If. There’s no legalities cool, but then stfu about what “evidence” you think you have cuz you have no idea 💁🏽‍♀️
You brought the shyt up lol, got 8 whole pages babbling about a legal matter but then get touchy when someone actually puts a valid resource in the thread 🤷🏽‍♀️

Last edited:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
So I'm moving into the next phase which is court. Nothing been filed on my end yet but I hit a breaking point. I was reluctant because I hate the law world. Perhaps it is fear but whatever. I'm gonna man up and get a lawyer this week. Just have done it yet because I been strapped financially.

I've modified my schedule to be around and also help when the BM workload is too heavy. Just for the sake of the baby. It might seem simpish but I'm just doing it til I find a in home sitter. Which is going well search wise.

However, I hit a wall, gang. Every sitter or daycare I find, the BM rejects or they arent enrolling, or they don't have the right hours for the BM, etc. This bytch is making this process impossible.

She wants a strictly non religious day care that's open 24 hours with a specialized curriculum for less than 200 a week.

I was so frustrated but when I read that shyt out loud I laughed my ass off.

On top of that she wants to play like we're a couple and tour all the places together. Which is maybe normal, but I already toured a couple on my own in my free time.

So to the point, I'm finna just respectfully fall back and let the Court decide the time and pay because this bytch just moved the goalpost cuz her boyfriend is in her ear. They been "together" officially for like 3 months and he wants a daycare near his house :mjlol:

His crib is 30 miles from hers. And her other kids live and go to school 10 miles the opposite direction.

Am I tripping? A 80-100 mile commute every day plus a stack just for care plus all the stuff the baby needs??? All that just to rush home and work remote???
Big mistake by him.

Never get into a relationship with a woman who has a newborn. Very likely that she has emotional attachments to the kid's real father.....whether they are repressed or not.

No matter how good things may seem between them or how great he is to her, "Baby Daddy" is just a phone call away from getting back into the picture on some "I want us to be a family".

He's just a placeholder

Last edited: