I've decided I'm not signing the birth certificate. What now? (I gave up...)

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Good question.

Still haven't signed.

:mjgrin:

We gone let the court figure that out. But I see her and help out until it gets goofy with the BM. She asked for the process, so we gonna go ahead and do that. I've found out that my state is surprisingly man friendly when it comes to custody, so I'm taking the basic legal precautions.

I'm sorry Ms Jackson

:mjgrin:
Good luck with co parenting breh. I really mean that.

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
Congrats, OP. You are in for a ride as a parent now.

File for legitimation ASAP of you haven’t already done so. Depending on where y'all live, if you're not married, as the father, you may have 0% legal say to your own baby girl in the eyes of the law. Get that paperwork filed to protect yourself and empower you to protect your baby.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm thugging it out right now. All I can say is ask me anything.

bytch came extra clean about cheating again... And the admitting to stealing and photocopying my ID. I handled it but I've truly got a demon on my hands.
We all been there dealing with a grimey chick.
camron-killa.gif

GOD speed

Daps

bytch came extra clean about cheating again... And the admitting to stealing and photocopying my ID. I handled it but I've truly got a demon on my hands.

Cheated again? What do you mean? Did yall get back together and she cheated on you? I don't understand.

:dwillhuh:

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Cheated again? What do you mean? Did yall get back together and she cheated on you? I don't understand.

:dwillhuh:
No, out the blue she just had more confessions. I'm like... I already know you was lying and gaslighting. Just be a scum bag.

For more clarity, she basically thought that of she came clean about more details then I would be less angry and stop talking shyt about her. Essentially she's looking for forgiveness because a narcissist can't stand the thought of even a stranger thinking something negative about them

Daps
No, out the blue she just had more confessions. I'm like... I already know you was lying and gaslighting. Just be a scum bag.

For more clarity, she basically thought that of she came clean about more details then I would be less angry and stop talking shyt about her. Essentially she's looking for forgiveness because a narcissist can't stand the thought of even a stranger thinking something negative about them

:wow: I'm going to hit your PM at some point today.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps

Keep that as evidence.
U on child support?

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Keep that as evidence.
U on child support?
Not yet. Which I'm sort of confused about. She keeps saying that she shouldn't be the one to take it to court. And I'm like if you want CS, do that. Why would I put myself on child support. It's somewhere between idiocy and hormones with her at the moment.

I have a tentative support agreement with her that I only discuss through email and I post all of the screenshots from text. I document everything. I'm not afraid of the court but she is. I truly believe the reasoning is that she knows if she goes to court, I'll be ordered to pay less and potentially get main custody. Nevada is surprisingly a men's rights state.

I talked to dads in similar situations and her being fraudulent if enough for me to get full custody out here. So for now I'm civil and collecting facts while I rebuild my life. I won't be surprised if I get custody provided a positive DNA test.

It's more confessions she mad that I won't share in case they end up slanderous. But on god, this might end with HER wages being garnished. I'm not even close to joking. She played her self in ways that can only be handled in court or forgiven.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Not yet. Which I'm sort of confused about. She keeps saying that she shouldn't be the one to take it to court. And I'm like if you want CS, do that. Why would I put myself on child support. It's somewhere between idiocy and hormones with her at the moment.

I have a tentative support agreement with her that I only discuss through email and I post all of the screenshots from text. I document everything. I'm not afraid of the court but she is. I truly believe the reasoning is that she knows if she goes to court, I'll be ordered to pay less and potentially get main custody. Nevada is surprisingly a men's rights state.

I talked to dads in similar situations and her being fraudulent if enough for me to get full custody out here. So for now I'm civil and collecting facts while I rebuild my life. I won't be surprised if I get custody provided a positive DNA test.

It's more confessions she mad that I won't share in case they end up slanderous. But on god, this might end with HER wages being garnished. I'm not even close to joking. She played her self in ways that can only be handled in court or forgiven.
Agree to an amount now and put yaself on child support before she do it later and try to get back pay and more money.

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Agree to an amount now and put yaself on child support before she do it later and try to get back pay and more money.
Back pay is near impossible. They get the support no matter what. It's a state fund. So to get it, I'd have to prove not only fraud but intent. She can always say she never knew she was wrong and then I'd be suing the state for back pay.

The amount is agreed upon and I also take care of the baby. At this point, she'd only get less benefits of she took me to court because I'd play hardball via my lawyer.

I'm safe, she's just still trifling. I got my armor on tho. Like I said. I stood up and thugged it out and so far it's in my favor.

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
I'm here for laughs about it at this point but I also have questions. Is there any way I can be forced to list myself in the future? Am I wrong for feeling guilty? Should I still try to be in the child's life?

The scenario is fukked up, obviously. Timeline wise, I'm somewhat sure the kid is mine but I can't gamble with this. I also wanted the kid and thought she did, too. This woman threatened to get an abortion and once that window closed, she decided to share that she was being shared. Multiple ex boyfriends, old high school flame and her manager. Not to mention some of my so called "friends". At least one.

Not all while she was pregnant but apparently throughout our relationship which has been a little less than 2 years. We broken up now and I'm moving in a month, hopefully less.

During that discussion about moving, she asked if I would still go to appointments and be there for the birth. I said I'd do whatever I can work permitting as a duty to my potential kid. I thought that was more than nice.

She said if I show up I have to sign the birth certificate. I made it clear I won't be doing that without a DNA test. Her ultimatum was that if I don't plan to sign, I don't need to be there for anything including the birth.

Nah, fukk all that. If I'm not 100 percent sure, I'm not signing shyt. So here we are.
Do NOT sign the birth certificates until AFTER you do a paternity test or you will be stuck paying child support for a baby that’s not yours.