It’s a whole lot of Line Straddling & Double Talk on here when it comes to the Money In The Bank Concept…

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
As someone pointed out... you get a year with the briefcase. Melo pinned Randy Orton to get into the match, so he's somebody they are high on. Give him the case, let it rock for a while and get him ready if you don't think he's ready yet.

Jey needs an actual big match victory, MITB, title, whatever. I can give you Chad and Knight since Knight's well on its way, but even then, he can win that case and tell Logan Paul he's using it on him at Summerslam because right now, Paul is ducking LA Knight.

Drew winning basically defeated the point of MITB as a concept. If you have a storytelling concept on hand you can do a lot with (i.e. the briefcase), I don't think it's wise to use it on the one story within the MITB story universe, if you will, that doesn't need the MITB to effectively tell said story.

Even if I concede that no one in the match sans Andrade NEEDED the case, Drew and his dealings needed it the absolute least of everyone in the match.
I mean if you look at the mitb as something that HAS to be used to elevate someone then yes it was a waste to go with Drew.

However no one ever said that was the sole purpose for that match. They had Brock win it a few years ago and not only did he not need the push he wasn’t even in the match
He won it to further his storyline
John Cena won it and you know the rest
The mitb is a way to give someone on the verge a storyline OR further a top stars storyline and in this case it was used to further a storyline

The idea that the story didn’t need anything else is silly because you can always use more fire on a hot story. And it was the most entertaining segment of the show

What im saying is look at it from another perspective. Chad, LA night and Jey USO will be fine and they will be in better storylines goin forward than “Mr mitb”

Next year they might have more guys like melo and Andrade in it and then use one of them to win but this year let’s not kill them for doing something different

Rayzah

Daps
fukk Gunther....he ain't been on TV in a minute. I'm not interested in that match at all. Purple Kane shall retain
So he’s off tv for a few weeks and we ready to throw him in the garbage?

I’m starting to see that Vince was right in getting rid of long term storytelling because some of y’all are super impatient.

I swear we complained about Vince always dropping stories after 2 months but now we telling long term stories and people are mad things aren’t happening fast enough

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

I’m starting to see that Vince was right in getting rid of long term storytelling because some of y’all are super impatient.

I swear we complained about Vince always dropping stories after 2 months but now we telling long term stories and people are mad things aren’t happening fast enough
Not winning the title =/= Throwing him in the garbage.

MFs love jumping to extremes :mjlol:

Silkk

Daps
I mean if you look at the mitb as something that HAS to be used to elevate someone then yes it was a waste to go with Drew.

However no one ever said that was the sole purpose for that match. They had Brock win it a few years ago and not only did he not need the push he wasn’t even in the match
The mitb is a way to give someone on the verge a storyline OR further a top stars storyline and in this case it was used to further a storyline

The idea that the story didn’t need anything else is silly because you can always use more fire on a hot story. And it was the most entertaining segment of the show

What im saying is look at it from another perspective. Chad, LA night and Jey USO will be fine and they will be in better storylines goin forward than “Mr mitb”

Next year they might have more guys like melo and Andrade in it and then use one of them to win but this year let’s not kill them for doing something different
This is your opinion. Not a fact.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps

Yeah a problem Gen Xers are gonna have trying to book a show is that ppl born after 1990 have no attention span

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
It was legitimately retarded when Austin Theory cashed in for the United States Championship though
I feel like it was a fukk you to Vince from hhh
See how theory was a main event/upper mid card guy and now he’s been tag team lower mid card/lackey guy ever since

And now that I think about it isn’t @Silkk a theory stan :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Lowkey it’s the real reason why this nikka started this thread I should hit that nikka with a cross Rhodes

Silkk

Daps
I feel like it was a fukk you to Vince from hhh
See how theory was a main event/upper mid card guy and now he’s been tag team lower mid card/lackey guy ever since

And now that I think about it isn’t @Silkk a theory stan :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
You weren’t one of the ones saying the MITB briefcase was “holding him back”? :skip:

Rayzah

Daps
Not winning the title =/= Throwing him in the garbage.

MFs love jumping to extremes :mjlol:
Saying fukk him because he hasn’t been on tv for a few weeks is jumping to an extreme tho. That was my point smh

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC

I think if given the option to use the case on the most personal feud you've got going or to potentially elevate someone through a unique story (as, to your point, the MITB doesn't always have to go the way it normally goes), I'd choose elevating someone new every time. I'd be more inclined to see it your way if what happened at MITB was the first time Drew/Punk got physical with one another or that it was the first time Punk got physical with him as opposed to Wrestlemania.

And even if you want to throw gasoline on the fire, Punk could have cost Drew the ladder match itself with the same beatdown and accomplished the same escalation of matters, as the briefcase is considered borderline foolproof when it comes to championship wins even though there have been failures. I guess to sum it up, I don't like that a certain chapter of the story got spoiled for me when I was wholly invested in how it would turn out.

I'm happy with the general direction of WWE at this time, but this is one of those things I wish they'd have handled differently. Can't get everything you want all the time, though.

Rayzah

Daps
This is your opinion. Not a fact.
And yall POv is also and opinion. Neither are facts. My point is just because it didn’t go the way YOU think it should have went doesn’t mean they “wasted” and opportunity to get someone over.

This whole conversation is entitlement smh

Silkk

Daps
And yall POv is also and opinion. Neither are facts. My point is just because it didn’t go the way YOU think it should have went doesn’t mean they “wasted” and opportunity to get someone over.

This whole conversation is entitlement smh
I never said how I thought it should have went. I talked about what logically makes sense for the mf cashing in.

Cashing in in a singles match to face 1 guy makes more sense and provides a better chance at winning than cashing in during a match and having to face two guys.

That is a fact.

Rayzah

Daps
I think if given the option to use the case on the most personal feud you've got going or to potentially elevate someone through a unique story (as, to your point, the MITB doesn't always have to go the way it normally goes), I'd choose elevating someone new every time. I'd be more inclined to see it your way if what happened at MITB was the first time Drew/Punk got physical with one another or that it was the first time Punk got physical with him as opposed to Wrestlemania.

And even if you want to throw gasoline on the fire, Punk could have cost Drew the ladder match itself with the same beatdown and accomplished the same escalation of matters, as the briefcase is considered borderline foolproof when it comes to championship wins even though there have been failures. I guess to sum it up, I don't like that a certain chapter of the story got spoiled for me when I was wholly invested in how it would turn out.

I'm happy with the general direction of WWE at this time, but this is one of those things I wish they'd have handled differently. Can't get everything you want all the time, though.
I agree with you except you are forgetting this didn’t just further Drew and punks story it also set up punk and Seth. It killed two birds with one stone. Seth vs punk seems to be the hotter angle than Chad getting a title shot.

This is all a matter of personal preference and like I said it worked and Chad and Jey will be fine so IMO it can’t be a stupid decision if they accomplished something and didn’t bury anyone doing it

I digress.

Rayzah

Daps
I never said how I thought it should have went. I talked about what logically makes sense for the mf cashing in.

Cashing in in a singles match to face 1 guy makes more sense and provides a better chance at winning than cashing in during a match and having to face two guys.

That is a fact.
We are debating something so minor and insignificant. What was the downside to Drew winning and cashing in? Not having the title? What would the title do for him at this point?

Chad and Jey are still main venture now and are in the most important feuds in the company While you may disagree how we got here it really doesn’t matter because all of the names people are in a better spot than they was before the match

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I think MITB sometimes puts booking into a corner when there are good storylines going on. Drew losing takes that headache out of booking for an entire year, and makes it easier to stick to whatever plans you have in place. LA Knight is going for Logan Paul so he doesn’t need MITB and giving it to him would just muck up plans. Gable, Andrade and Melo weren’t gonna win that shyt. Jey winning it just doesn’t seem necessary even for him to have it if we finna do Bloodline Civil War stuff later in the year.

There’s a lot of good stuff going for the men right now that MITB just doesn’t need to have a presence right now.

Whereas for the women it’s a great thing because so many women don’t have shyt going on.

Then there should have only been one MITB match, and it should have been for the women.

Otherwise, put people in the match that could benefit/need the MITB on the men's side to increase their relevance.

Booking MITB really isn't as much of a headache as it sounds. Whoever wins should continue to win on a regular basis in singles matches and ultimately establish that on some cool shyt that man doesn't really NEED the briefcase itself, but the confidence and platform that comes with having the opportunity in his back pocket results in the guy raising his game. When it comes to the cash-in, either they win, or they lose. Either way, at the end of it, you should still take him seriously.

Depending on who it is, it could be beneficial. For instance, if Melo's thing is "When I shoot, I don't miss" then what happens when he actually does miss what should be a lay-up? Does he fold? Is his confidence shot? Or does he treat it like Jordan treated those failures versus Detroit, realize that there's levels to it, so he resolves to win MITB again and ensure that the next time he has such an opportunity, he will not fail?