It’s a whole lot of Line Straddling & Double Talk on here when it comes to the Money In The Bank Concept…

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
You contradicted tf out of yourself all through this post. Jey Uso is the most over babyface on Raw, How does he have no shot to be world champion over the next year when the current world champion is a MF nowhere NEAR as over as him?

Jey is probably gonna be involved with the Bloodline for the latter part of the year and beyond

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Jey is probably gonna be involved with the Bloodline for the latter part of the year and beyond
Lets hope not. He doesn't need to be going backwards with as over as he is. HHH needs to find him some meaningful shyt to do without getting back involved with them.

Silkk

Daps
And everyone shyt on it. I quite enjoyed it. I wish it was more of a triple threat instead of a match finish.
It's stupid logic from a challengers standpoint.

See, normally if you go one on one with another wrestler, you got a 50/50 chance of winning....

But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Kurt Angle to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way at Sacrifice, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Kurt Angle KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!
So Samoa Joe, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. :lolbron:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I think MITB sometimes puts booking into a corner when there are good storylines going on. Drew losing takes that headache out of booking for an entire year, and makes it easier to stick to whatever plans you have in place. LA Knight is going for Logan Paul so he doesn’t need MITB and giving it to him would just muck up plans. Gable, Andrade and Melo weren’t gonna win that shyt. Jey winning it just doesn’t seem necessary even for him to have it if we finna do Bloodline Civil War stuff later in the year.

There’s a lot of good stuff going for the men right now that MITB just doesn’t need to have a presence right now.

Whereas for the women it’s a great thing because so many women don’t have shyt going on.

Silkk

Daps
Adding Seth to it does offer intrigue, yes. I'm very interested in seeing what that looks like.

But yeah, at this point it's personal preference we're discussing and that's fine. I feel like I've said it before, but I understand why Drew got picked. I just didn't agree with it because of my take on how MITB should be used.

Adding the IC and US titles to it -- especially when the US champion is a part-timer and the IC champion is super resilient and always snatching victory from the jaws of defeat -- adds to the unpredictability surrounding the case and expands what the MITB can mean. At the end of the day, it represents an opportunity otherwise not afforded.

In this case, I feel it got won by the one dude who has the most clout to ask for an opportunity among the field and subsequently get it. I'll put it like this: if Drew wasn't feuding with Punk at the time, then I'd say him winning the case, even if he lost the cash-in, is a good call because in kayfabe, he's by far the best/most accomplished talent in the match and it's almost poetic for him to walk around with the very thing that took the title from him.

Drew winning when we all know Punk is right there waiting to snatch it from him kills whatever intrigue I had in the briefcase because I know how it's gonna go and again, I don't think the feud needed that extra oomph. It was already hot without it. Now something I care about as a fan (the MITB itself) is over and done with for what I believe is no reason.

As far as Priest, I wish I didn't see it how I see it, but alas. I think he's done the absolute best with what he's been given, but what he's been given to work with is not ideal.
This. They killed a year's worth of potential storytelling for no reason at all.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
It's stupid logic from a challengers standpoint.

See, normally if you go one on one with another wrestler, you got a 50/50 chance of winning....

But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Kurt Angle to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way at Sacrifice, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Kurt Angle KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!
So Samoa Joe, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. :lolbron:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Holy fukk that was great.

The idea of cashing in during a match is wack unless it's after a huge spot like an announcer table or scaffolding spot.

Silkk

Daps
I think MITB sometimes puts booking into a corner when there are good storylines going on. Drew losing takes that headache out of booking for an entire year, and makes it easier to stick to whatever plans you have in place. LA Knight is going for Logan Paul so he doesn’t need MITB and giving it to him would just muck up plans. Gable, Andrade and Melo weren’t gonna win that shyt. Jey winning it just doesn’t seem necessary even for him to have it if we finna do Bloodline Civil War stuff later in the year.

There’s a lot of good stuff going for the men right now that MITB just doesn’t need to have a presence right now.

Whereas for the women it’s a great thing because so many women don’t have shyt going on.
It's not rocket science though

There's over 100 televised events a year. Have the MF that wins it challenge a champion on one of those shows and just have him lose if long term plans are already in place :dahell:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
It's not rocket science though

There's over 100 televised events a year. Have the MF that wins it challenge a champion on one of those shows and just have him lose if long term plans are already in place :dahell:

I miss when MITB winners just book their match. Good stuff. Too bad Clash happened before MITB. Would of been a fun story line

RegB

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MITB has been used to "make" a number of people, it doesn't ALWAYS have to be that tho'. That's the thing I'm not getting- if it can be used in much more than one way, why do folks think it always has to be used the same exact way every year? It was used to "make" Iyo and Priest last year, is currently being used to make Stratton... it doesn't HAVE to be 100% the "give someone a rub" championship all the time.

To me, the concept is best storyline-wise for a wrestler who is hungry or ready to take it to the next level, to give that wrestler that one opportunity, get that lil extra nudge to get to the next step and firmly make their mark with the crowd.. to give some context, to me,, Seth Rollins and Damien Sandow had the ideal mitb runs as a winner and a loser respectively.. (let’s just ignore how Vince buried the shyt outta Damien afterwards tho for the sake of this discussion :russ:)

On the other hand, I think that if it’s going to be used for a different reason, maybe it could be used similarly to how Brock Party used it to advance his feud with Seth and subsequent Seth’s heel turn/character evolution.. but this most def was not that kinda scenario lol, crowds have been taunting drew with CM Punk chants for months now and their feud didn’t need the briefcase involved at all..

Also, I agree with others saying it could be used for other titles too, like I think this year, the best case scenario would’ve been for Gable to win and then cash in on Sami..

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
One thing I do hate though is the elimination chamber being used for a title match after the rumble.

It makes the rumble seem not as important because you can still get a guaranteed shot if you’re not on the same brand as the rumble winner. And it’s an easy out for the writers because you don’t have to come up with an interesting way to make a match happen for the other main title.

Silkk

Daps
One thing I do hate though is the elimination chamber being used for a title match after the rumble.

It makes the rumble seem not as important because you can still get a guaranteed shot if you’re not on the same brand as the rumble winner. And it’s an easy out for the writers because you don’t have to come up with an interesting way to make a match happen for the other main title.
I like how they've switched it up some in recent years making it for other titles. Much better than being a backup route every single year for someone to get to mania.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
People are absolutely convinced that Drew should win the World Championship right now

I get that he didn’t really gelatin proper run and recently every time he gets close he comes up short but he’s not coming close to the World Title for a long time because Gunther is holding it for at least an year & 1/2

Plus if people are upset that someone else didn’t win well and hey would’ve had a failed cash in too nobody in that match was winning an World or WWE title in the near future

fukk Gunther....he ain't been on TV in a minute. I'm not interested in that match at all. Purple Kane shall retain

Silkk

Daps
fukk Gunther....he ain't been on TV in a minute. I'm not interested in that match at all. Purple Kane shall retain
Yeah, I love Gunther as a wrestler but honestly I would like for Priest to beat him. Dude been MIA for damn near two months now. HHH doesn't know how to book him unless he has a title so he rather just leave him off TV completely.