It’s a whole lot of Line Straddling & Double Talk on here when it comes to the Money In The Bank Concept…

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
We are debating something so minor and insignificant. What was the downside to Drew winning and cashing in? Not having the title? What would the title do for him at this point?

Chad and Jey are still main venture now and are in the most important feuds in the company While you may disagree how we got here it really doesn’t matter because all of the names people are in a better spot than they was before the match
What….?

Jey’s not even in a feud and putting that Chad Gable/Bo Dallas shyt on the same level as Cody/Solo, Punk/Drew, etc. is Wild….

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
think MITB sometimes puts booking into a corner when there are good storylines going on.

Like unifying the titles and then immediately having Austin theory win the MITB

We all know he was not cashing it on Roman and they were priming Cody Rhodes too. The idea of him being champ was d.o.a

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I agree with you except you are forgetting this didn’t just further Drew and punks story it also set up punk and Seth. It killed two birds with one stone. Seth vs punk seems to be the hotter angle than Chad getting a title shot.

This is all a matter of personal preference and like I said it worked and Chad and Jey will be fine so IMO it can’t be a stupid decision if they accomplished something and didn’t bury anyone doing it

I digress.

I get it set up Punk and Seth. There's intrigue there, and I'm curious as to how it plays out because of my investment in Drew vs. Punk. However, at this point, Seth just seems to be there solely to ensure he stays relevant and I hope that changes. If I'm being honest though, I'm not sure what the Seth/Punk beef stems from but I'm guessing it's rooted in hypocrisy.

In general though... I personally don't care as much about whatever Seth and Punk's beef is as I would say... Chad Gable trying to navigate a cash-in while the Devil's Rejects are on his ass. That alone gives him a built-in reason for losing, but we don't know how it plays out until we see it.

It's all personal preference, like you said.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
What….?

Jey’s not even in a feud and putting that Chad Gable/Bo Dallas shyt on the same level as Cody/Solo, Punk/Drew, etc. is Wild….
We all know Jey will be apart of the bloodline civil war by SS and if not they are teasing him being involved in the wyatts fukkery.

And ofcourse their story isn’t up there yet because it’s just starting. They put alot of effort into their debut and been planting the seeds for months now even reading it on a documentary. You are crazy if you don’t think this will be a big deal for Chad. Just getting shot in the head alone did a lot for him popularity wise.

But hey if I’m wrong and they flop and are fired by mania feel free to neg me lol

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
So he’s off tv for a few weeks and we ready to throw him in the garbage?

I’m starting to see that Vince was right in getting rid of long term storytelling because some of y’all are super impatient.

I swear we complained about Vince always dropping stories after 2 months but now we telling long term stories and people are mad things aren’t happening fast enough

There is no story being told... or rather it's a weak ass story.

Use bayley and Nia for comparison we know she's fighting Bayley at SS but there had been virtually no promo.

And Gunther had 1 promo in like 2 months talking to Seth and Damian. He not even out here talking his shyt and beating fools down in the mean time. If Gunther beats Priest he will look weak because he's been chilling week after week and Priest wrestles nearly every night.

When Brock won KOTR and got a title shot (first time ever I believe)
Brock was out in these streets getting busy and had some run ins with Rocky before hand and Rookie Brock was way more dominant than Gunther's 666 streak. But he was still in sight and being hyped

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
To me, the concept is best storyline-wise for a wrestler who is hungry or ready to take it to the next level, to give that wrestler that one opportunity, get that lil extra nudge to get to the next step and firmly make their mark with the crowd.. to give some context, to me,, Seth Rollins and Damien Sandow had the ideal mitb runs as a winner and a loser respectively.. (let’s just ignore how Vince buried the shyt outta Damien afterwards tho for the sake of this discussion :russ:)

On the other hand, I think that if it’s going to be used for a different reason, maybe it could be used similarly to how Brock Party used it to advance his feud with Seth and subsequent Seth’s heel turn/character evolution.. but this most def was not that kinda scenario lol, crowds have been taunting drew with CM Punk chants for months now and their feud didn’t need the briefcase involved at all..

Also, I agree with others saying it could be used for other titles too, like I think this year, the best case scenario would’ve been for Gable to win and then cash in on Sami..

But their feud ain't about the crowds... the feud is that Drew injured him, mocked him, and as revenge, Punk has said that EVERY chance Drew gets to win the title, he's gonna be the reason he loses... so this was yet another way for Drew to get a chance at it and for Punk to fukk him over. It's less about who gets to carry the briefcase than it is about Drew getting his comeuppance.

Silkk

Daps
But their feud ain't about the crowds... the feud is that Drew injured him, mocked him, and as revenge, Punk has said that EVERY chance Drew gets to win the title, he's gonna be the reason he loses... so this was yet another way for Drew to get a chance at it and for Punk to fukk him over. It's less about who gets to carry the briefcase than it is about Drew getting his comeuppance.
Do you like the Money In The Bank concept?

Yes or No?

Silkk

Daps
@DANJ! will go to the end of the earth juelzing & dikkeating WWE before just admitting he doesn’t like something they’re doing :dead:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
There is no story being told... or rather it's a weak ass story.

Use bayley and Nia for comparison we know she's fighting Bayley at SS but there had been virtually no promo.

And Gunther had 1 promo in like 2 months talking to Seth and Damian. He not even out here talking his shyt and beating fools down in the mean time. If Gunther beats Priest he will look weak because he's been chilling week after week and Priest wrestles nearly every night.

When Brock won KOTR and got a title shot (first time ever I believe)
Brock was out in these streets getting busy and had some run ins with Rocky before hand and Rookie Brock was way more dominant than Gunther's 666 streak. But he was still in sight and being hyped

I'd like to see GUNTHER be more active but I doubt that somebody who has only lost one match via pinfall since getting called up is going to suddenly be seen as weak by beating a champion who, though active, has yet to successfully defend the title on his own without fukkery helping him do so.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
The concept is fire overall. Definitely think it got diluted for that stretch where Vince thought every MITB holder was bulletproof so he went out of his way to have them eat multiple losses before the title win. Or guys who were ice cold (Swagger) where they used MITB as a quick-fix.

IMO could use more babyface RVD-type "I'm cashing in at this date and I'm gonna beat you" moments, but the surprises always get a pop so can't hate on it.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
@DANJ! will go to the end of the earth juelzing & dikkeating WWE before just admitting he doesn’t like something they’re doing :dead:

And @Silkk will take every opportunity he can to hop on my dikk in these threads cause he can't deal with me not agreeing with his opinion. Been doin' that shyt for like eight years, it's ridiculous. :deadrose:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Its a plot device that's works in various different ways. For Drew/Punk it adds another layer to their fued. For Tiffany it adds to her storyline with Nia. Sometimes they give it to someone as a wait and see how they progress over the next couple of months as they don't have a clear storyline for them beyond having the case.

Silkk

Daps
And @Silkk will take every opportunity he can to hop on my dikk in these threads cause he can't deal with me not agreeing with his opinion. Been doin' that shyt for like eight years, it's ridiculous. :deadrose:
Stan ass nikka do all that dikkriding and dont even keep up with the current product :russ: