It’s a whole lot of Line Straddling & Double Talk on here when it comes to the Money In The Bank Concept…

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
for the IWC its only bad when their fantasy booking doesnt play out how it should

This right here.

Thing about MITB is that it's been around for almost 20 years now, there's various different ways for it to be used in storylines, pushes, etc... it doesn't always have to be "run down and cash it in after a grueling match" every. single. time. Nor does it have to happen within a timeline that the fans deem reasonable, nor does it have to always be a successful cash-in. For as long as it's been going, it would be "stale" (IWC word) if it was done every single year by every single person the same way each time. Just like the Royal Rumble doesn't always mean the person challenging at Mania has to win the title. It is literally described as "an opportunity" at a title. It's definitely not an albatross or any of this other IWC jargon that always gets used when shyt doesn't go their way. It's just as much a prop as the titles themselves are.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
This right here.

Thing about MITB is that it's been around for almost 20 years now, there's various different ways for it to be used in storylines, pushes, etc... it doesn't always have to be "run down and cash it in after a grueling match" every. single. time. Nor does it have to happen within a timeline that the fans deem reasonable, nor does it have to always be a successful cash-in. For as long as it's been going, it would be "stale" (IWC word) if it was done every single year by every single person the same way each time. Just like the Royal Rumble doesn't always mean the person challenging at Mania has to win the title. It is literally described as "an opportunity" at a title. It's definitely not an albatross or any of this other IWC jargon that always gets used when shyt doesn't go their way. It's just as much a prop as the titles themselves are.
The Drew scenario is a first. He's the first to cash it in and lose the match that fast. People have cashed it in quicker and won but never have they lost it that fast. WWE loves their statistics and that's just another one to show in the years to come.

RegB

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just think people hated drew winning if he was gonna lose it the same night. :yeshrug:

If your gonna use something like this as a concept it should be used to make someone. It's a chance to establish or reestablish someone and they should take advantage of that opportunity.

Agreed, it should be used to make someone, and drew has been made for damn near 5 years now.. it should’ve gone to Gable to build up his new stable with diamond mine and rebuild his credit a lil after the Sami loss.. gable holding the briefcase during the summer Olympics writes itself haha..

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
for the IWC its only bad when their fantasy booking doesnt play out how it should

It was painfully obvious it was only 2 options for it to end for Drew and the second option happened. The IWC always wants their cake and eat it too nothing is ever good for their fantasy booking. It's all because of their low attention spans

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Agreed, it should be used to make someone, and drew has been made for damn near 5 years now.. it should’ve gone to Gable to build up his new stable with diamond mine and rebuild his credit a lil after the Sami loss.. gable holding the briefcase during the summer Olympics writes itself haha..

MITB has been used to "make" a number of people, it doesn't ALWAYS have to be that tho'. That's the thing I'm not getting- if it can be used in much more than one way, why do folks think it always has to be used the same exact way every year? It was used to "make" Iyo and Priest last year, is currently being used to make Stratton... it doesn't HAVE to be 100% the "give someone a rub" championship all the time.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I just think people hated drew winning if he was gonna lose it the same night. :yeshrug:

If your gonna use something like this as a concept it should be used to make someone. It's a chance to establish or reestablish someone and they should take advantage of that opportunity.
I disagree. This only applies when it truly needs to happen.

Dudes want KOTR, MITB, and the Royal Rumble to make dudes all in the same year. Where the hell they all gonna go when there’s only one Wwe and world title that already got dudes like the rock and gunther fighting over

Lmao

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
I disagree. This only applies when it truly needs to happen.

Dudes want KOTR, MITB, and the Royal Rumble to make dudes all in the same year. Where the hell they all gonna go when there’s only one Wwe and world title that already got dudes like the rock and gunther fighting over

Lmao
This mindstate is one of the reasons why wrestling was bad for so long. Jey Uso and LA knight were hot and you put the case on dude and have him lose an 1hr later.

Not to mention dude is already a made man why not just do something different if your don't want one of these guys to be contenders/made

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
This right here.

MITB has been used to "make" a number of people, it doesn't ALWAYS have to be that tho'. That's the thing I'm not getting- if it can be used in much more than one way, why do folks think it always has to be used the same exact way every year? It was used to "make" Iyo and Priest last year, is currently being used to make Stratton... it doesn't HAVE to be 100% the "give someone a rub" championship all the time.
Do you like it or not?

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
This mindstate is one of the reasons why wrestling was bad for so long. Jey Uso and LA knight were hot and you put the case on dude and have him lose an 1hr later.

Not to mention dude is already a made man why not just do something different if your don't want one of these guys to be contenders/made
I mean this isn’t 2017 anymore. It’s not like jey and la knight are going to be discarded to catering after this to never be seen again. LA Knight will fight for the US title at Summerslam and Jey uso will eventually be put back into one of the biggest storylines of our generation.

I feel like you guys are all over the place and just want a new champion crowned every two months and that’s just as damaging as Vince approach was in his last years trying to create new stars.

Jey and LA Knight are over? Tough titty nikka so are like 20 other wrestlers on the roster right now.

Jey could have cashed in that night and won and three weeks later everyone would be like but what about 97’ Drew? What about Gunther after his legendary run?

I feel like this roster is so talented with a lot of people over that I think you guys forget someone has to lose and not everyone is supposed to be the world champion

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Just feels like the booking is played out..

I want to see something different like changing a single main event into a triple threat.

That shyt is fun. Defending the briefcase is fun.

Doing the whole chicken shyt false cash in for months on end is soooo boring. This is why Edge's cash in is goat tier.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
Just feels like the booking is played out..

I want to see something different like changing a single main event into a triple threat.

That shyt is fun. Defending the briefcase is fun.

Doing the whole chicken shyt false cash in for months on end is soooo boring. This is why Edge's cash in is goat tier.
Facts. We need to see it used in some more original and unexpected ways to restore the feeling.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
MITB is annoying now. Fans act every like MITB winner has to be the next the big thing and win, and if you don’t cash in after 3 months we sit around calling the holder a dummy.

Drew was the best choice because it added more fuel to punk vs Drew which is one of the best feuds in wrestling in recent memory

Anyone else would have been a Austin theory situation where we’re wondering when will they cash it just to lose.

And before anyone responds with dudes like gable or la knight could have one it keep that to yourself lol I would rather see a cena title shot against Cody or Gunther vs Lesnar for the world title and I didn’t need those nikkas fukking that up. the everyone deserves a title audience that is big in the wrestling community be annoying with that shyt

At least with tiffy it gives her something to do and adds to her character

Disagree. He was the only person in the match who was involved in something that frankly was above the briefcase. He didn't need to have the briefcase for his feud with Punk to stay hot. Punk could have cost him the MITB match and it would have accomplished the exact same thing that the actual result did.

To be honest, Drew winning the briefcase wouldn't have even been a problem -- as in kayfabe, he was the best choice as he's the lone world champion/made man of the match -- if it wasn't so damned obvious how it was gonna go, or if he wasn't feuding with someone who is on record as saying that he exists only to fukk Drew out of happiness into perpetuity. His specific story didn't need the briefcase to make it mean any more than it already does.

One of WWE's biggest shortcomings, at least in the past, is that they never did a good enough job with building up the next crop of stars to be ready in case one of the top workhorses goes down. As a concept, MITB should always have at least one (two, counting women) in the cut who has been identified as ready to step up should the situation arise. Even if they lose the cash-in -- which is fine when properly executed because picking the right moment should matter -- that person is identified as someone who should be very, very relevant in the future.

I mean this isn’t 2017 anymore. It’s not like jey and la knight are going to be discarded to catering after this to never be seen again. LA Knight will fight for the US title at Summerslam and Jey uso will eventually be put back into one of the biggest storylines of our generation.

They've been calling this man Main Event Jey Uso for years and he never wins Main Events. And now that he struck out on his own, he fukked around and got people behind him enough to where they could legitimately buy him as a singles champion/world champion in the right moment. While I'm sure we'll accept it, him going back into this Bloodline Civil War would literally render his entire singles "push" meaningless and begs the question why even waste the time?

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Disagree. He was the only person in the match who was involved in something that frankly was above the briefcase. He didn't need to have the briefcase for his feud with Punk to stay hot. Punk could have cost him the MITB match and it would have accomplished the exact same thing that the actual result did.

To be honest, Drew winning the briefcase wouldn't have even been a problem -- as in kayfabe, he was the best choice as he's the lone world champion/made man of the match -- if it wasn't so damned obvious how it was gonna go, or if he wasn't feuding with someone who is on record as saying that he exists only to fukk Drew out of happiness into perpetuity. His specific story didn't need the briefcase to make it mean any more than it already does.

One of WWE's biggest shortcomings, at least in the past, is that they never did a good enough job with building up the next crop of stars to be ready in case one of the top workhorses goes down. As a concept, MITB should always have at least one (two, counting women) in the cut who has been identified as ready to step up should the situation arise. Even if they lose the cash-in -- which is fine when properly executed because picking the right moment should matter -- that person is identified as someone who should be very, very relevant in the future.

Think about it from a creative writing perspective on a character like Cm Punk, If you're a stubborn a$$hole like Punk is, would you rather interfere in the MITB match or the title match when Drew thinks he's going to win? CM Punk literally told us on Monday Night that this shyt is personal to him, especially after Drew stole the bracelet and the symbolism around it. He wants to hurt Drew badly in the worst way so waiting until the title match to piss off Drew, who wants that world title bad as fukk, added an extra layer of salt for Drew and their feud so it made sense to me. I agree the feud would still be hot if the interference didn't happen, but it adds fire to the fuel for their potential rumored HITC match, so pour gasoline all over that mother fukker and let this shyt burn.

This isn't directed at you, more of a tangent because you stated you would be fine if the MITB holder lost it down the line, but I'm tired of people saying wrestlers need to win the title to make them stars. Is Damien Priest automatically a superstar because he cashed in and won the title or is he slowly growing his status because of the amazing title defenses he's been having with the storylines he's involved in and the screen time he gets now? If all WWE had to do to make stars was give dudes a title win then dudes like Miz would be main eventing and Jinder would still have a job. And I'm going to use TSC breh Larry's example again. Dudes complained that Sami should have beaten Roman to take him to that next level, just for those same complainers to cry about Sami beating Bron because Bron needs to be at the next level. LOL And this shyt isn't years apart.

But back to your response. Don't bring up the past breh. This isn't the same company as it was 4 to 5 years ago. Not every KOTR, MITB, and Royal Rumble match has to prop up the next crop of stars, especially if the top is already full. Was Gunther and Orton not already stars before they fought in the finals of the KOTR? Why does it have to be any different for MITB? So we can watch a guy unsuccessfully cash in for months upon months so we can call him a dummy?

And LOL tell that nikka Jey to get back in the bloodline storyline he ain't bigger than that shyt just because he got the crowd yeeting together. His matches actually bore me and I'm glad he's not a world champion

Edit: and oh yeah punk interfering in the title match has brought back the Seth and punk and drew combo feud so what are we really talking about right now

Last edited: