iStans, since gimmicks are now features how will you use the iPhone X differently than a Galaxy S5?

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Speaking of the 6s, did the go through with the force touch or whatever it's called? I mean, I know if's handy for stock apps like email and so forth but did 3rd party developers jump on board? I know its good for instgram but who else jumped on it?

My issue with the X is how am I gonna log into my bank? I use 1password and make complex passwords (20 numbers) and ain't typing all that, so with no touch ID what's the move there? I don't think chase is gonna jump through hoops to get face ID to unlock their banking app so you can check on your money, that's new employees plus new RD and time spent learning apples APK to get that done, that will be mad work for all banks.

In that sense, lets look at samsung with the iris sensor, iris just unlocks as a backup usually, touchID is still main. good business.

I think apple is just throwing shyt at the wall hoping something sticks at this point.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Ok..... the main point of a phone is to call people and possibly text, take pics, listen to music, and emails.

After that which are the basic functions needed for a phone. What more do you need?

Now after that is answered, what is wrong with gimmicks?

If all phones equally do the same basics on a basic level. Then again... whats wrong with gimmicks? Dont knock or discredit gimmicks.

Martha
I don't think you understand the point of this thread.

For years Apple fans have dismissed galaxy phones calling many of their features "gimmicks", now all a sudden they are "features" worthy of a $999 price tag.

It's moronic.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I don't think you understand the point of this thread.

For years Apple fans have dismissed galaxy phones calling many of their features "gimmicks", now all a sudden they are "features" worthy of a $999 price tag.

It's moronic.

All I asked was "what are the subsidies" that are being taken away? It was a simple question.:gucci:

Martha

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
the reason we are where we are is because consumers pressure companies to engineer phones with HUGE advances every 10 months...and never get around to actually utilizing those advances.

also, people want the headphone jack so they can use apple's trash stock headphones as well as charge and play...so dependent on their phones that they can't leave them on the charger for a couple of hours.

Sensational.
People want headphones jacks because they are way more convenient than fukking with Bluetooth headphones. Not sure why this concept is so difficult for dumb motherfukkers to grasp.

Also, I have plenty of $300+ headphones that have 3.5 mm jacks and support Bluetooth.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Speaking of the 6s, did the go through with the force touch or whatever it's called? I mean, I know if's handy for stock apps like email and so forth but did 3rd party developers jump on board? I know its good for instgram but who else jumped on it?

My issue with the X is how am I gonna log into my bank? I use 1password and make complex passwords (20 numbers) and ain't typing all that, so with no touch ID what's the move there? I don't think chase is gonna jump through hoops to get face ID to unlock their banking app so you can check on your money, that's new employees plus new RD and time spent learning apples APK to get that done, that will be mad work for all banks.

In that sense, lets look at samsung with the iris sensor, iris just unlocks as a backup usually, touchID is still main. good business.

I think apple is just throwing shyt at the wall hoping something sticks at this point.
Exactly. Removing touch ID is a horrible idea.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
They had no choice..

They still haven't figured out a way to build the fingerprint sensor into the screen.

If Apple still can't do it you know the other companies won't be able to
they could have put it in the back like every other fukking phone maker. ridiculous.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a current iPhone user and have been since the iPhone 4 but they've lost me this time. I wanted to be wowed but they didn't nothing new really. Next phone will not be an iPhone but I'm not saying I won't return at some point but i won't come back for that X or 7s (8).

They should spend next year improving IOS and then come back the year after with a new handset that actually does new things.
What "new things" did you want this time?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
People want headphones jacks because they are way more convenient than fukking with Bluetooth headphones. Not sure why this concept is so difficult for dumb motherfukkers to grasp.

Also, I have plenty of $300+ headphones that have 3.5 mm jacks and support Bluetooth.

Convenience is subjective. I've never been inconvenienced by BT headphones. Long before they removed the headphone jack I've preferred BT. I always hated the cord getting in the way and I'm not an audiophile so Bluetooth is perfect for me. I don't work in an environment where I can wear headphones all day so losing the charge is never an issue for me either.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
The fingerprint sensor is probably the most recent feature on a cell phone that is actually useful.

NONE of these phone manufacturers have done anything impressive in the last few years, all the phones are marginal upgrades of old phones so I'm not getting all the apple hate.

The note 8 is just a hair cheaper than the X (and just as underwhelming) so who's really winning?

As someone with a 6s I'll probably just get the 8, nothing on the market is impressive right now. (And damn sure not worth $1000)