iStans, since gimmicks are now features how will you use the iPhone X differently than a Galaxy S5?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It already is. All they did was make the back glass for Wireless charging.

iOS is a heavily restrictive company enforced user experience.
Android is an open completely customization user experience.

The two are fundamentally different user experiences even if you're doing the same things on them. One will let you do things however you want to and the other basically tells you how you can do things.

For most people their phone is their primary personal computing device and gets used more than a laptop or a desktop.
I know it already is. That's my point. They should've made the 6 have the glass back from the beginning.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
whats the issue with downloading whatever music i want on my computer then opening it in itunes and putting it on my phone? it's still free.

if you do it on a droid you have to have security software and shyt on the phone.

all the shyt yall say samsungs can do for years leads to people with phones full of viruses....and things that i did on jailbroken phones years ago. i have been getting free music and movies on my apple products for YEARS...since like 08-09.

i had free NFL Gamepass international when i first got my iphone 6 im talking within 48 hours...i used to customize the whole damn OS via Cydia.
The problem with jailbreaking is you're constantly running an outdated OS with old security holes that get patched in the never versions you can't update to preserve the jailbreak. It's also an issue that you're running software that's unsigned code not from Apple doing God knows what on your phone because that's the wild wild west and not regulated by Apple.

At one point there was a bug where a text message could crash your iPhone.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
The problem with jailbreaking is you're constantly running an outdated OS with old security holes that get patched in the never versions you can't update to preserve the jailbreak. It's also an issue that you're running software that's unsigned code not from Apple doing God knows what on your phone because that's the wild wild west and not regulated by Apple.

At one point there was a bug where a text message could crash your iPhone.

i never had those problems cause i knew what i was doing. one other thing thats funny is Samsung been limiting yall storage options on the slick...why can't yall buy a 256gb of yall GOAT 8? or the gold or blue color. that's not fair to yall. if i want to have more storage i have to buy an SD card. a quality one costs 100-150 putting you right back into iphone X range.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
i never had those problems cause i knew what i was doing. one other thing thats funny is Samsung been limiting yall storage options on the slick...why can't yall buy a 256gb of yall GOAT 8? or the gold or blue color. that's not fair to yall. if i want to have more storage i have to buy an SD card. a quality one costs 100-150 putting you right back into iphone X range.
My droid phone has 128 GB and Samsung is allowing you to have more control of storage options

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Samsung gave me a free 256GB SD card with my Note8 and a free fast charger as well as a free wireless fast charger.

Apple would charge me $84 for a fast charger with a cable. $150 extra for the additional 256GB of storage and who knows what for wireless charging. For a 256GB fast charging iPhone X I'm looking at $1235 or so and I'm still 64GBs short of what Samsung gave me with the Note and I still don't have a wireless charger. We're talking $300 more than the Note's base price and we still don't have the wireless charger. Mind you Samsung also let me trade in an old phone and get almost half off this Note so it cost me about $500. From where I sit an iPhone X with the same accessories cost me like $700+ more than I paid for this Note.

64GBs of storage is fine when you not only have the option to add storage and they even give you more free. As for the color options the front of the phone is black so I don't really want the back not to match so black is the only color I'd get anyway.

As for the extra features the iPhone X has an OLED screen with 625 nits of brightness (the Note has 1200 nits so basically double) and the iPhone X has the camera notch for animated emojis and log in as well as portrait mode on the front camera. The Note8 has the s-pen and a fingerprint / iris scanner.

The iPhone X is overpriced in comparison to the Note8 and even in comparison to the iPhone 8. The extra money you pay for it gets you superficial features even in comparison to the iPhone 8 which has the same processor and internals minus the camera and OLED screen.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
The SanDisk 64gb failed on my once but they replaced it free of charge. Super rare occurrence otherwise.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
Never seen it happen
i've seen it happen quite a bit. flash drives, sd cards, external drives, internal drives...etc etc

customers have and do crazy shyt to electronics.

Also lets talk about how the Note 7 and 8 are the same phone outside of the camera and screen size.

Same for the S8+ and Note 8. Same fukking phone. Cell phone tech has matured and most people don't want to admit that shyt. there's nothing else you can "innovate" on a phone. Besides making a shatter proof screen.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
i've seen it happen quite a bit. flash drives, sd cards, external drives, internal drives...etc etc

customers have and do crazy shyt to electronics.
Thank goodness I'm responsible with $200 cards then. External drives always die..haven' bought one in 5 years. I just upload or keep it on my phone.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Gimmick = half assed implemented idea that kind of works. a novelty.
Feature = adds quality and is integral to the user experience. essential.

With that being said I'll be preordering a X.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Smartphones haven't changed much in years, just bigger screens and faster processors.

Still got my old ass Samsung a5 and untill it breaks will continue to use it

Just bought a brand new S5 for the low. I don't notice much difference at all from the newer phones.

My S7 stopped getting mobile service after a year. Bought a refurbished Note 4 that died in 2 months. I had to use my old ass S2 in a crunch. Phone was great, only problem is that the current version of apps don't work on that old ass phone.

fukk paying a fortune for these finicky ass phones.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yup
The only thing I'll say nice about apple is that their phones hold their value for reselling purposes, a iPhone 6 plus used will still cost you alot.

I can get a unlocked Samsung s6 on eBay used for like 160

Just bought a brand new S5 for the low. I don't notice much difference at all from the newer phones.

My S7 stopped getting mobile service after a year. Bought a refurbished Note 4 that died in 2 months. I had to use my old ass S2 in a crunch. Phone was great, only problem is that the current version of apps don't work on that old ass phone.

fukk paying a fortune for these finicky ass phones.