iStans, since gimmicks are now features how will you use the iPhone X differently than a Galaxy S5?

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Innovation is not refining others tech it's coming up with new ideas. Unlocking your phone with your face isn't new. Hell I'd argue it's not even a feature I want. To be honest I'd rather have Touch ID. If I'm driving I can unlock my phone without even looking at it. With a face unlock I have to wake the phone and point it at me then swipe up to get to the home screen. With Touch ID I just place a finger on the phone and that's it that one thing causes the phone to wake, unlock, and go to the home screen.

You're confusing evolution with innovation here anyway.
Ok well I'm sorry that Apple isn't moving at the break neck pace that you would like. You just sound like a spoiled consumer who just complains too much. You buy every new phone that comes out which in itself is kind of bugged out. Apple changed the world. You're gonna have to be patient. I know you want that Tony Stark make believe phone that shows you a hologram of the person you are calling but that technology doesn't exist sorry to disappoint you

:mjlol:

Last edited:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Smartphones haven't changed much in years, just bigger screens and faster processors.

Still got my old ass Samsung a5 and untill it breaks will continue to use it
Well what do you want?

Again this isn't Star Wars and shyt where a dude can just pick up some machine and see a hologram of the person you're talkin too.That's make believe..

:dead:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
@winb83 And why are you whining about the form factor :what:

Again what shape do you want the phone to be in?

I keep telling you that Star Wars and Stark Enterprises is not real life

:russ:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Ok well I'm sorry that Apple isn't moving at the break neck pace that you would like. You just sound like a spoiled consumer who just complains too much. You buy every new phone that comes out which in itself is kind of bugged out. Apple changed the world. Your gonna have to be patient. I know you want that Tony Stark make believe phone that shows you a hologram of the person you are calling but that technology doesn't exist sorry to disappoint you

I feel you. Issue is, when Apple releases this new shyt, they act like its the best thing since sliced bread. shyt is not represented well at all IMO

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ok well I'm sorry that Apple isn't moving at the break neck pace that you would like. You just sound like a spoiled consumer who just complains too much. You buy every new phone that comes out which in itself is kind of bugged out. Apple changed the world. Your gonna have to be patient. I know you want that Tony Stark make believe phone that shows you a hologram of the person you are calling but that technology doesn't exist sorry to disappoint you

They stalled out. If we're really being honest the iPhone 6S is even today their better product. With the iPhone 6 I upgraded for the extra ram the 6S had and with the 7 I upgraded for the 256GBs of storage something I never actually came close to filling.

As a tech enthusiast I'd like to see the tech world continue to press forward but when tech leaders like Apple stall out their products for several years it's disheartening.

Phone upgrades are now all basically bigger screen, new processor, better camera or add another camera. We're not really even getting better battery life anymore.

It's reached a point where the annual phone cycle exist for the sake of existing rather than to actually add meaningful features for the end user. If they honestly can't come up with new ideas then focus on software upgrades that new and existing customers can benefit from and continue with the same device until you have a new creative idea that justifies going from plus one on the model number.

If they simply continued selling the iPhone 7 another year would that be so bad? Would people stop buying new phones? Deep down that's actually what they're doing. The iPhone 8 is a minor revision to the 7.

If the tech they want isn't ready do they really have to leave ideas on the cutting room floor just to rush a product out?

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I feel you. Issue is, when Apple releases this new shyt, they act like its the best thing since sliced bread. shyt is not represented well at all IMO
That's what ALL businesses do :russ:

They act like the shyt is groundbreaking in order for people to buy.

Daps
I'm a current iPhone user and have been since the iPhone 4 but they've lost me this time. I wanted to be wowed but they didn't nothing new really. Next phone will not be an iPhone but I'm not saying I won't return at some point but i won't come back for that X or 7s (8).

They should spend next year improving IOS and then come back the year after with a new handset that actually does new things.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I'm a current iPhone user and have been since the iPhone 4 but they've lost me this time. I wanted to be wowed but they didn't nothing new really. Next phone will not be an iPhone but I'm not saying I won't return at some point but i won't come back for that X or 7s (8).

They should spend next year improving IOS and then come back the year after with a new handset that actually does new things.
What am disappointed in with Apple is not necessarily the hardware cause like @winb83 and others have pointed out that is all roughly the same across the board.

I agree with you totally on IOS 11..

I'm tired of the same layout for IOS. That to me is where Android shyts on Apple. The UI on IOS is mad stale.

That's what they need to focus on.. I need some sexy ass layout like what Google Pixel has. I need that weather icon in the top corner and I need a new app drawer layout or some shyt. shyt is mad boring and they refuse to address it

:damn:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Preview of the swipe up unlock gesture "gimmick" circa Circa 2009-2010 turned "revolutionary" in late 2017.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
640139913.jpg

I guess ill check my texts next month
GOAT Martin episode