iStans, since gimmicks are now features how will you use the iPhone X differently than a Galaxy S5?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i'm stuck in their ecosystem but i don't play their game. iphone been funny style since the days of not allowing multitasking apps, copy & paste, and sending pictures while damn near every other phone at the time had those abilities. i'm not paying $1000 for something i can't even download files (zip) to

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
i'm stuck in their ecosystem but i don't play their game. iphone been funny style since the days of not allowing multitasking apps, copy & paste, and sending pictures while damn near every other phone at the time had those abilities. i'm not paying $1000 for something i can't even download files (zip) to
That's the tough one because a lot of people have money invested in the app store and it is tough to let some of that stuff go and potentially double dip on software.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Ok..... the main point of a phone is to call people and possibly text, take pics, listen to music, and emails.

After that which are the basic functions needed for a phone. What more do you need?

Now after that is answered, what is wrong with gimmicks?

If all phones equally do the same basics on a basic level. Then again... whats wrong with gimmicks? Dont knock or discredit gimmicks.

Martha

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I think I am going to jump on that Series 3 myself.

Mannn I copped a Series 1 on Black Friday for the low and it really made me toss all my other watches in the bushes. Can't ever fully justify purchasing any smartwatch but man it quickly becomes part of your life. Series 3 does look fire.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ok..... the main point of a phone is to call people and possibly text, take pics, listen to music, and emails.

After that which are the basic functions needed for a phone. What more do you need?

Now after that is answered, what is wrong with gimmicks?

If all phones equally do the same basics on a basic level. Then again... whats wrong with gimmicks? Dont knock or discredit gimmicks.

Martha
They took away the subsidies and the price keeps going up yet the functionality is more and more gimmick based. At some point there gonna be tacking on 50 a month extra in monthly phone payments to people's phone bills for a gimmick filled phone. It's a bubble waiting to burst.

I'm not saying don't upgrade the products but if you can't cobble enough features to make the update relevant then maybe hold off until you can.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
They took away the subsidies and the price keeps going up yet the functionality is more and more gimmick based. At some point there gonna be tacking on 50 a month extra in monthly phone payments to people's phone bills for a gimmick filled phone. It's a bubble waiting to burst.

I'm not saying don't upgrade the products but if you can't cobble enough features to make the update relevant then maybe hold off until you can.

Ok but what subsidies?

Cuz again, I feel the GIMMICK IS now the important thing. Because where an Apple Phone, Samsung, LG, or etc. Dont all equally call, text, email, take pics, play music just as well? And those are the main basic necessary features.

What is being taking away? The cord for headphones? Ok I cant front... I was initially stung by that... but then got put on too cordless headphones. A few month back got me some cordless earbuds. I was quite impressed as I loved the fact that I dont have a cord to dangle when I'm working out or etc and I can conceal it much better. Then I decided "eh I want something with more base" so I copped some overhead cordless earphones. Now these are even better when I go to the gym so that cord port drama that cats was mad about no longer effected me. I dont think I will ever buy corded headphones again.

So what else is taking away? Educate me

Martha

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Ok but what subsidies?

Cuz again, I feel the GIMMICK IS now the important thing. Because where an Apple Phone, Samsung, LG, or etc. Dont all equally call, text, email, take pics, play music just as well? And those are the main basic necessary features.

What is being taking away? The cord for headphones? Ok I cant front... I was initially stung by that... but then got put on too cordless headphones. A few month back got me some cordless earbuds. I was quite impressed as I loved the fact that I dont have a cord to dangle when I'm working out or etc and I can conceal it much better. Then I decided "eh I want something with more base" so I copped some overhead cordless earphones. Now these are even better when I go to the gym so that cord port drama that cats was mad about no longer effected me. I dont think I will ever buy corded headphones again.

Martha
You do realize even phones with 3.5 mm jacks work with Bluetooth headphones? Not sure why Apple taking away options makes you feel better.

Simple folk like you never cease to amaze.

Last edited:

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
the reason we are where we are is because consumers pressure companies to engineer phones with HUGE advances every 10 months...and never get around to actually utilizing those advances.

also, people want the headphone jack so they can use apple's trash stock headphones as well as charge and play...so dependent on their phones that they can't leave them on the charger for a couple of hours.

Sensational.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Ok but what subsidies?

Martha
wow you never had cordless headphones. they've only been around for idk? decades. no wonder apple sells so well with costumers like you.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
You do realize even phones with 3.5 mm Jack's work with Bluetooth headphones. Not sure why Apple taking away options makes you feel better.

Simple folk like you never cease to amaze.

Yea I do:gucci:

Cuz I kinda still have my iPhone 5:comeon:

And I kinda for the fukk of it connected my cordless headphones up with that phone as well:martin:

That has 3.5 mm jack:stopitslime:

Smh

giphy.gif

oh and not for nothing but I also connected it to my MacBook Pro.............:francis::francis:

That has a 3.5 mm jack

giphy.gif

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
wow you never had cordless headphones. they've only been around for idk? decades. no wonder apple sells so well with costumers like you.

Ummmmmmm so like:hhh:

I never bought them cuz I never really had a need and I was actually content with the ones I had

Plus I bought some corded ones awhile back that was REALLY good so I didnt see a need.:hubie:

Then I got the iPhone 7 and even though it has that adapter thing, it didnt work well as the sound cut out a lot (or was badly statically) due to movement.:francis:

THAT'S when I decided to try something new:gucci:

JESUS CHRIST man yall are overthinking this:snoop:

Martha