iStans, since gimmicks are now features how will you use the iPhone X differently than a Galaxy S5?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I disagree Breh. They build good hardware, and the power if they GPU and CPU is top notch. They software is nice as well.
Then about the apps..You buy them once and they are continually updated without extra cost. Their data is saved into the cloud and a restore of the phone easily transfers automatically. Not easy with sideloaded apps, then you have to manually update them. fukk all that ..
I'm familiar with the advantages of the Iphones but you lose too much as the trade off. Having a phone like this in Vegas would suck D1ck.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I disagree Breh. They build good hardware, and the power if they GPU and CPU is top notch. They software is nice as well.
Then about the apps..You buy them once and they are continually updated without extra cost. Their data is saved into the cloud and a restore of the phone easily transfers automatically. Not easy with sideloaded apps, then you have to manually update them. fukk all that ..
When I bought my Note8 and switched from the S8 to it I activated it and over the cloud Samsung restored all my apps, home screens, and settings.

The unique thing Apple does is lock down the hardware so that the average consumer has exactly the sort of experience Apple wants them to. The software in many cases is locked down too. All the keyboards are basically a skin over the stock keyboard. All the web browsers are a skin over Safari. The NFC chip last I knew is only accessible by Apple. The default apps on the phone are all Apple apps and the user isn't given the option to change them.

With Android you largely determine your own experience. I'm not saying Apple determining your user experience is even a bad thing but what I am saying is the less technically inclined a user is the less likely they are to bump their heads against some of Apple's restraints.

Personally as a paying customer I feel like you should be able to have it your way rather than be told how things should be. The difference here is the way Apple says it should be there are some users that don't have an issue with it and don't need to do things differently. So when a power user has an iPhone either the just suck it up and let Apple dictate that or they Jailbreak and keep their phone on some outdated version of the OS that's less secure so they can customize it more.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
When I bought my Note8 and switched from the S8 to it I activated it and over the cloud Samsung restored all my apps, home screens, and settings.

The unique thing Apple does is lock down the hardware so that the average consumer has exactly the sort of experience Apple wants them to. The software in many cases is locked down too. All the keyboards are basically a skin over the stock keyboard. All the web browsers are a skin over Safari. The NFC chip last I knew is only accessible by Apple. The default apps on the phone are all Apple apps and the user isn't given the option to change them.

With Android you largely determine your own experience. I'm not saying Apple determining your user experience is even a bad thing but what I am saying is the less technically inclined a user is the less likely they are to bump their heads against some of Apple's restraints.

Personally as a paying customer I feel like you should be able to have it your way rather than be told how things should be. The difference here is the way Apple says it should be there are some users that don't have an issue with it and don't need to do things differently. So when a power user has an iPhone either the just suck it up and let Apple dictate that or they Jailbreak and keep their phone on some outdated version of the OS that's less secure so they can customize it more.
This is all true

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I got an old android phone from like 2010 and I can STILL turn it on, and DOWNLOAD MUSIC FILES directly to my phone off my browser.

TWO THOUSAND AND TEN!!!!
Where would one get a music file to download direct to the phone? If you ripped the CD yourself you needed a computer to do it. If you're downloading music direct to the phone there's a good chance that could be pirated music. Apple has a music store so why would they want users doing that?

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
Where would one get a music file to download direct to the phone? If you ripped the CD yourself you needed a computer to do it. If you're downloading music direct to the phone there's a good chance that could be pirated music. Apple has a music store so why would they want users doing that?

I just google the song I want and add download behind it.

I used to download straight from HNHH

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
They stalled out. If we're really being honest the iPhone 6S is even today their better product. With the iPhone 6 I upgraded for the extra ram the 6S had and with the 7 I upgraded for the 256GBs of storage something I never actually came close to filling.

As a tech enthusiast I'd like to see the tech world continue to press forward but when tech leaders like Apple stall out their products for several years it's disheartening.

Phone upgrades are now all basically bigger screen, new processor, better camera or add another camera. We're not really even getting better battery life anymore.

It's reached a point where the annual phone cycle exist for the sake of existing rather than to actually add meaningful features for the end user. If they honestly can't come up with new ideas then focus on software upgrades that new and existing customers can benefit from and continue with the same device until you have a new creative idea that justifies going from plus one on the model number.

If they simply continued selling the iPhone 7 another year would that be so bad? Would people stop buying new phones? Deep down that's actually what they're doing. The iPhone 8 is a minor revision to the 7.

If the tech they want isn't ready do they really have to leave ideas on the cutting room floor just to rush a product out?
I honestly think the design of the iPhone 8 is what the phone should've been since the 6.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
ya'll paying $999USD for smartphones. :mjlol: That's laptop prices bruh

I just copped a $499USD OnePlus 5 :hhh::hubie:
Good deal if u don' use it f9r what we use it for and when it' all said and done..I will practically have gotten these two phones..well over 1900 in prices for free. With the Samsung gifts too. I'l give a status report on that by Nov.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Regardless of what phone you're using, you're going to text, instagram, Facebook, twitter, web browse just like everyone else.

The phone stans are like the console stans;
Nitpicking about features no one in a day to Day sense actually uses. The core functionality is exactly the same.
The only thing keeping me switching from a iPhone is the blue text massage thing

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I honestly think the design of the iPhone 8 is what the phone should've been since the 6.
It already is. All they did was make the back glass for Wireless charging.
Regardless of what phone you're using, you're going to text, instagram, Facebook, twitter, web browse just like everyone else.

The phone stans are like the console stans;
Nitpicking about features no one in a day to Day sense actually uses. The core functionality is exactly the same.
iOS is a heavily restrictive company enforced user experience.
Android is an open completely customization user experience.

The two are fundamentally different user experiences even if you're doing the same things on them. One will let you do things however you want to and the other basically tells you how you can do things.
ya'll paying $999USD for smartphones. :mjlol: That's laptop prices bruh

I just copped a $499USD OnePlus 5 :hhh::hubie:
For most people their phone is their primary personal computing device and gets used more than a laptop or a desktop.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
whats the issue with downloading whatever music i want on my computer then opening it in itunes and putting it on my phone? it's still free.

if you do it on a droid you have to have security software and shyt on the phone.

all the shyt yall say samsungs can do for years leads to people with phones full of viruses....and things that i did on jailbroken phones years ago. i have been getting free music and movies on my apple products for YEARS...since like 08-09.

i had free NFL Gamepass international when i first got my iphone 6 im talking within 48 hours...i used to customize the whole damn OS via Cydia.