iStans, since gimmicks are now features how will you use the iPhone X differently than a Galaxy S5?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Facts.

As far as this thread goes, I saw more people in the keynote thread shytting on the X for various reasons (and not just the GSDG homies) than I've ever seen.

I'm sure it still got praised like crazy across the net but it definitely didn't pop on the Coli like releases of yesteryear.
I'm not an Apple fanboy but I've been a loyal customer I bought the 5, 6, 6s, and 7 but with each one I felt more and more like why did I bother. With the iPhone 7 I barely used it since the S8 came out.

It's funny that Samsung copied Apple for so long they're now a better Apple than the actual company. I mean Samsung shameless ripped off Apple for years until Apple ran out on ideas and from then on Samsung just came up with their own and in many ways Apple is copying Samsung now.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I'm not an Apple fanboy but I've been a loyal customer I bought the 5, 6, 6s, and 7 but with each one I felt more and more like why did I bother. With the iPhone 7 I barely used it since the S8 came out.

It's funny that Samsung copied Apple for so long they're now a better Apple than the actual company. I mean Samsung shameless ripped off Apple for years until Apple ran out on ideas and from then on Samsung just came up with their own and in many ways Apple is copying Samsung now.

I'm not either. I'm an Android guy at heart and was on it from the G1 all the way to 2015. I just hopped on the iPhone with the 6s+. I think iOS is a better OS (is better at core phone functions) but Android is a much much more flexible system.

They're going to always sell pretty well, but Apple has gotten themselves into quite a hole on the innovation side. The problem is that they're not innovating *new* concepts anymore (though their late implementations are usually at least as good or better than the completion).

Back when Samsung was sharking Apple's ideas it was cool because Apple was still innovating new and different stuff. IMO, nobody is doing any real mind blowing shyt from a feature perspective and innovation has stagnated. But since Samsung has a leg up on the features they implemented years ago, when Apple *only* debuts concepts that have been out for years like yesterday without adding anything truly new, most of us aren't going to give a fukk.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not either. I'm an Android guy at heart and was on it from the G1 all the way to 2015. I just hopped on the iPhone with the 6s+. I think iOS is a better OS but Android is a much much more flexible system.

They're going to always sell pretty well, but Apple has gotten themselves into quite a hole on the innovation side. The problem is that they're not innovating *new* concepts anymore (though their late implementations are usually at least as good or better than the completion).

Back when Samsung was sharking Apple's ideas it was cool because Apple was still innovating new and different stuff. IMO, nobody is doing any real mind blowing shyt from a feature perspective and innovation has stagnated. But since Samsung has a leg up on the features they implemented years ago, when Apple *only* debuts concepts that have been out for years like yesterday without adding anything truly new, most of us aren't going to give a fukk.
Apple is more in to letting their competitors test the waters and then refining their concepts and ideas and repackaging them as new. Listening to that presser, you would think Apple was the first to do everything that they were talking about these phones can do. But that's how powerful their brand is... I'm sure a lot of their buyers don't know or care what the competition has been doing for the last 5 years
:heh:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Apple is more in to letting their competitors test the waters and then refining their concepts and ideas and repackaging them as new. Listening to that presser, you would think Apple was the first to do everything that they were talking about these phones can do. But that's how powerful their brand is... I'm sure a lot of their buyers don't know or care what the competition has been doing for the last 5 years
:heh:

That's what I'm saying. They used to come out with old shyt that Samsung and others already had but they would always debut new shyt alongside those features at the same time. They would wait to refine and implement the copied features very well (usually making their implementation the standard). Now, they are still copying and refining but they aren't doing anything truly new conceptually to compliment it so it feels like they're playing catch-up without being anything different to the table.

It's going to be years before they truly get harmed by this due to the strength of their brand though.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Smartphones haven't changed much in years, just bigger screens and faster processors.

Still got my old ass Samsung a5 and untill it breaks will continue to use it
This is going to be the first time in over 10 years where I haven't upgraded to a new phone. :wow: Even if this one breaks I'm just going to reup thru AppleCare. :ehh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It becomes pointless, why do I need 256gb of storage for my phone when I have Dropbox, Google drive, OneDrive.

My camera is fine, my memory is fine I can play literally every cell phone game out there.

Posting on the coli right now and it's fine, it's LTE

Unless these new phones are like 5g, solar Charging, 4k screen, DSLR sensor, connecting to orbiting satellites and terrestrial, battery life of a old school Nokia candy bar phone then meh

This is going to be the first time in over 10 years where I haven't upgraded to a new phone. :wow: Even if this one breaks I'm just going to reup thru AppleCare. :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It becomes pointless, why do I need 256gb of storage for my phone when I have Dropbox, Google drive, OneDrive.

My camera is fine, my memory is fine I can play literally every cell phone game out there.

Posting on the coli right now and it's fine, it's LTE

Unless these new phones are like 5g, solar Charging, 4k screen, DSLR sensor, connecting to orbiting satellites and terrestrial, battery life of a old school Nokia candy bar phone then meh
I keep my important songs and whatnot on my phone. I want at least 128GBs of storage. Hell I got almost 6GBs of just audio books on my phone from Audible alone. 64GBs won't cut it.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
The home screen is still the same grid of icons.

They took away the Touch ID.

They removed the headphone jack last year.

They took away the home button now it's full on Palm Pre webOS but even that had a home button.

That awkward notch it the top of the screen.

The camera on the back of the phone really looks weird.

There really aren't a lot of new features. Just software gimmick they claim you need some new chip to do so the older models won't get them.

The normal iPhone still misses features the larger ones get.

With no ability to add additional storage they purposely use a lesser amount of storage on the base model so they can charge $150 more for additional storage when it probably cost them $15 or $20 to change the flash and the phones are the same.

The iPhone 8 and X have the same internals minus the Face ID cam and OLED screen yet Apple wants $200-$300 more for the X because of the cam and an OLED screen which that screen tech has been standard on other phones for over half a decade.

What the hell is this company doing? Why are they removing useful features? Why are they still basically putting out the same body as the iPhone 6 about 4 years later? Why are they selling gimmick features instead of real innovation? They really took a hit going from Jobs to Cook. Would Jobs still be releasing the iPhone 6 after 4 years. It's the 6SSS so calling the 8 is laughable. I remember when the model number changed it meant something. Now it means you get 3 year old industry features and "Take on Me" video mode.
Right...Steve Jobs would have done something to really stand out by now. It's tough getting excited about Tim Cook.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
The home screen is still the same grid of icons.

They took away the Touch ID.

They removed the headphone jack last year.

They took away the home button now it's full on Palm Pre webOS but even that had a home button.

That awkward notch it the top of the screen.

The camera on the back of the phone really looks weird.

There really aren't a lot of new features. Just software gimmick they claim you need some new chip to do so the older models won't get them.

The normal iPhone still misses features the larger ones get.

With no ability to add additional storage they purposely use a lesser amount of storage on the base model so they can charge $150 more for additional storage when it probably cost them $15 or $20 to change the flash and the phones are the same.

The iPhone 8 and X have the same internals minus the Face ID cam and OLED screen yet Apple wants $200-$300 more for the X because of the cam and an OLED screen which that screen tech has been standard on other phones for over half a decade.

What the hell is this company doing? Why are they removing useful features? Why are they still basically putting out the same body as the iPhone 6 about 4 years later? Why are they selling gimmick features instead of real innovation? They really took a hit going from Jobs to Cook. Would Jobs still be releasing the iPhone 6 after 4 years. It's the 6SSS so calling the 8 is laughable. I remember when the model number changed it meant something. Now it means you get 3 year old industry features and "Take on Me" video mode.
:what:

What are you talkin about?

Complain about lack of innovation but whine when they give you FACE ID instead of Touch ID brehs :beli:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:what:

What are you talkin about?

Complain about lack of innovation but whine when they give you FACE ID instead of Touch ID brehs :beli:
Innovation is not refining others tech it's coming up with new ideas. Unlocking your phone with your face isn't new. Hell I'd argue it's not even a feature I want. To be honest I'd rather have Touch ID. If I'm driving I can unlock my phone without even looking at it. With a face unlock I have to wake the phone and point it at me then swipe up to get to the home screen. With Touch ID I just place a finger on the phone and that's it that one thing causes the phone to wake, unlock, and go to the home screen.

You're confusing evolution with innovation here anyway.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
fixed and:russ:
640139913.jpg

I guess ill check my texts next month