iStans, since gimmicks are now features how will you use the iPhone X differently than a Galaxy S5?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fingerprint sensor is probably the most recent feature on a cell phone that is actually useful.

NONE of these phone manufacturers have done anything impressive in the last few years, all the phones are marginal upgrades of old phones so I'm not getting all the apple hate.

The note 8 is just a hair cheaper than the X (and just as underwhelming) so who's really winning?

As someone with a 6s I'll probably just get the 8, nothing on the market is impressive right now. (And damn sure not worth $1000)
ill pay 1000 to have an oled on an iphone. i keep phones for 3 years i dont really care about a $200 price difference

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the operating system used to be a $100-150 stand alone purchase, so where do you account for the other $900-1900 in additional mark up :mjlol:

even disregarding that - the operating system isnt worth the extra $900-1900
im never justified the price. im telling you the OS is the reason why people buy it. the logo is not making people repeatedly buy over priced shyt

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The fingerprint sensor is probably the most recent feature on a cell phone that is actually useful.

NONE of these phone manufacturers have done anything impressive in the last few years, all the phones are marginal upgrades of old phones so I'm not getting all the apple hate.

The note 8 is just a hair cheaper than the X (and just as underwhelming) so who's really winning?

As someone with a 6s I'll probably just get the 8, nothing on the market is impressive right now. (And damn sure not worth $1000)
The Note8 comes with expandable storage and you can get a substantial discount trading in an old phone.

My Note8 cost me about $560 or so and I got 256GBs on the SD with 64GBs internal with a free fast wireless charger.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
the operating system used to be a $100-150 stand alone purchase, so where do you account for the other $900-1900 in additional mark up :mjlol:

even disregarding that - the operating system isnt worth the extra $900-1900
For content creators on youtube or music it very well could be justified.

The problem is that the majority buying Macs are just browsing facebook, gram or twitter for memes.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
im never justified the price. im telling you the OS is the reason why people buy it. the logo is not making people repeatedly buy over priced shyt
and im telling you that you are wrong :heh: the logo is the exact reason people are buying them.

For content creators on youtube or music it very well could be justified.

The problem is that the majority buying Macs are just browsing facebook, gram or twitter for memes.
this isnt 2005 anymore, Sony Vegas via a custom built PC has long surpassed Apple editing tools for content.

Almost 100% of every big gaming youtube/twitch content creator uses Sony Vegas on Microsoft to edit their videos.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
and im telling you that you are wrong :heh: the logo is the exact reason people are buying them.

this isnt 2005 anymore, Sony Vegas via a custom built PC has long surpassed Apple editing tools for content.

Almost 100% of every big gaming youtube/twitch content creator uses Sony Vegas on Microsoft to edit their videos.
People by Apple cuz the ease of use of tha operating system, you have to admit they have tha most user friendly interface

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
i'm stuck in their ecosystem but i don't play their game. iphone been funny style since the days of not allowing multitasking apps, copy & paste, and sending pictures while damn near every other phone at the time had those abilities. i'm not paying $1000 for something i can't even download files (zip) to

You can download and extract zips without being jailbroken on IOS. It's nowhere near as flexible as Androids full file system but very convenient nonetheless.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
this is hilarious. if the samsungs are so great then why do they have so many different types of phones. android is so watered down.

all the shyt you can do on the phone, which no one wants to address is cause nikkas want tons of illegal shyt on their phones. no one wants to pay for anything except internet.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Everytime Apple release a new phone people talk shyt about it. Say you can get better with android and apple is falling off.
In the real world the overwhelming majority of smart phone users are using Android. Even in the United States that's also the case. While it might be true that right now the iPhone 7 is the world's most popular individual smartphone model almost 70% of the phones activated in the US in Q2 2017 were Android phones.
Android continues to increase its sizable lead over iOS in the US

Globally Android is on the high 80% range of smartphones. Apple is more in the 12% range.

The thing about Apple is those iPhones cost them a couple hundred dollars to make and they sell them for $650 and up. They make a killing on those profits. Android isn't really about exploiting their userbase like that and many phones are priced much more modestly.

Apple isn't about making a better phone it's about convincing their customer base that they make a better phone. When Apple sells that iPhone they're selling it for 2-3x what it cost them to make it.